Speculation: 2024-25 Free Agency/Trade Thread (Free Agency Frenzy July 1st)

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
So the solution is to saddle those minutes with players who can barely handle what they get now? Can you imagine how Mintyukov would have looked last year with those increased minutes and level of competition? Mintyukov was awesome and earned more ice time but he would have crumbled with more than he got. Gudas struggled with increased minutes and so did LaCombe.

I just don't understand how the Ducks get better by removing Fowler and increasing the ice time of young players next season. Eventually, Fowler will have to go but next season is too early.
A lot of assumptions here. My counter would be that Fowler struggled with the minutes he was given. How do we know that others wouldn’t be as good, or better? It’s counterproductive to play Fowler 25+ minutes when Ducks are rebuilding. Need to find out what others might be. Already know what Fowler is.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
I’m curious if a guy we aren’t talking about potentially being moved is Vatrano… seems like that could be something that nets a decent return in NHL ready players if he’s packaged. Idk, just surprised we haven’t heard his name out there more

Reactions: Yemeth

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I think I would take trouba from NY if they added something. Two years left and he's mean as hell.

I don't think he's good, at least for the role there, but for our purposes he probably won't be put in that position anyway.

I would not be surprised if verbeek is looking at that since the term is controlled and NY is probably trying to move on. The question is if he would accept a trade here.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Apparently the Walman trade was confusing even to the Sharks themselves? Some former Stars insider (Sean Shapiro) had contacts that said the Sharks would probably have claimed him anyway if Detroit had just waived him.

All speculation at this point, but if this isn't some kind of pre-determined sequence of events where the Sharks are obligated to claim a different cap dump as the future considerations to the Walman trade, gotta think there's some personal beef associated with Walman himself.

...or Yzerman's an idiot. All possible.

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
I keep coming back to the idea that I just believe Verbeek is going to take some swings this year. I don’t think he’s in any way on the hot seat nor should he be, but I do think we’re at the point of the rebuild now where fans, ownership and players want to see success. I also think they want success to coincide with this rebrand. I expect some major improvements to this roster over the next few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad