Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It's not enjoying watching an incredibly lopsided reffed game that gives the team down in the series every f***ing chance to extend the series. 3 blatant missed calls on Edmonton in the 3rd isn't interesting or fun hockey. I just want games where both team go at it and the refs aren't force feeding PPs to one team or the other.
I think you’re stretching it with the refs. This was a great hockey game that gave us more hockey to watch while some all time greatness is happening. Enjoy it!

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
LAK watching the series go from a sweep to 7 games...

giphy.gif
Well, that was me for Game 7, Nuggets vs. Minnesota.

Reactions: GeoRox89

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well yeah? Why would Avs fans root for Edmonton? Seems like alot of posters here don't mind tho. To each his own but not exactly surprising some fans are unhappy when a team in your conference wins lol

Credit to Edmonton. They've honestly been the better team in the series. If Bob didn't stand on his head early on they'd have complete control. East got overrated. Still think Florida wins it but the gap is nowhere near as big between them and the rest of the league.
There are some posters that just refuse to give Edmonton any credit. No credit for beating the Stars. No credit for making this series actually something. It’s okay to not wish them well,but it is clear the hateraide is strong.

Edmonton is simply a good team. The best team in the West by a decent margin this season.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think you’re stretching it with the refs. This was a great hockey game that gave us more hockey to watch while some all time greatness is happening. Enjoy it!
Don't pretend that the Avs wouldn't have had to kill 3 penalties that period. The refs put the whistle away on Edmonton in the 3rd and it's a bad look, just make the too many men call and the really obvious trip and I wouldn't say shit. If they had won killing those penalties then I wouldn't even be talking about it.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Don't pretend that the Avs wouldn't have had to kill 3 penalties that period. The refs put the whistle away on Edmonton in the 3rd and it's a bad look, just make the too many men call and the really obvious trip and I wouldn't say shit. If they had won killing those penalties then I wouldn't even be talking about it.
The Avs have the most penalty advantage over the last 5 seasons by a very wide margin. Don’t pretend the Avs have refs after them at all.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bobrovsky has never been in the Vasilevskiy/Shesterkin/Price/Lundqvist tier IMO. When he crumbles, he REALLY crumbles.

Would not surprise me one bit to see him give up 5 in game 6.

Also would not surprise me if he gets the hook early from Maurice if he allows 2 or 3.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Wow. I am now considering that Edmonton could win this series.

Bob is no longer impenetrable. The Panther's bench knows they are in trouble.
The Oilers honestly werent playing like a team that should be down 3 games. Bob went god mode in Game 1 to steal one where the Oilers were clearly the better team. Florida was the better team in Game 2. Edmonton the better team in Game 3 imo. Stuart Skinner doesnt go roaming and Nurse brain doesnt implode and who knows but overall the Oilers were better that game. Doubt has doubled in Florida and you can see it. IF they lose Game 6 they will for sure lose the cup at home.

Bobrovsky has never been in the Vasilevskiy/Shesterkin/Price/Lundqvist tier IMO. When he crumbles, he REALLY crumbles.

Would not surprise me one bit to see him give up 5 in game 6.

Also would not surprise me if he gets the hook early from Maurice if he allows 2 or 3.
Was thinking the same thing. That first Mcdavid goal was when it solidified it for me. Bob is shook and he aint going to recover.

Reactions: dahrougem2

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
More than anything the Panthers have got to stay out of the box. The Oilers PP is not one to tempt fate with, and 97 looks like he is on a mission again. The guy walked their entire team on Perry's goal like it was nothing to him.

Stay out of the box and they are the better 5v5 team. But the penalties give Edmonton momentum and now, after the last two games, actual goals as well.

Oh, and stop giving up shorties maybe?

Reactions: GeoRox89

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
There are some posters that just refuse to give Edmonton any credit. No credit for beating the Stars. No credit for making this series actually something. It’s okay to not wish them well,but it is clear the hateraide is strong.

Edmonton is simply a good team. The best team in the West by a decent margin this season.

I dunno feels like it's pretty split. Some certainly don't give them proper credit but I feel like most do at this point. I dislike the Stars more and credit to Edmonton for beating them but I think Dallas having a tougher round 1/2 is a fair point.

I don't think it's taking credit away from the Oilers because you don't think their ahead by a decent margin. Things aren't always so extreme. Especially in the NHL. They've certainly looked like the better team vs Florida tho and rightfully get credit for being the best in the West.

Honestly the East just got overrated. I'd still put Florida 1. Edmonton 2. After that I think it's a bunch of West teams bunched up with NY.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
It might be time for this board to admit Edmonton is good.

Still stand by my prediction Florida in 6… but people should clearly see Edmonton is a good team.

Cheese is gonna provide that needed spark.

Also the majority of HFAvs posters

Oh I think Florida is significantly better than Edmonton and the Rags were the best team they played. That doesn’t mean Edmonton isn’t good or the best team in the West.
You gonna come up for air or keep slurping Edmonton's you know what? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Jazzguitar

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
IMO the East has been overrated for years.

Florida is legit good, the Rangers are Shesterkin, and the rest is actual trash.

Give me Edmonton, Colorado, Dallas, even f***ing Vancouver and Vegas over any team not named Florida in the East.

Reactions: davpower

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I dunno feels like it's pretty split. Some certainly don't give them proper credit but I feel like most do at this point. I dislike the Stars more and credit to Edmonton for beating them but I think Dallas having a tougher round 1/2 is a fair point.

I don't think it's taking credit away from the Oilers because you don't think their ahead by a decent margin. Things aren't always so extreme. Especially in the NHL. They've certainly looked like the better team vs Florida tho and rightfully get credit for being the best in the West.

Honestly the East just got overrated. I'd still put Florida 1. Edmonton 2. After that I think it's a bunch of West teams bunched up with NY.
Go back a few games and you’ll see it very vocal against Edmonton.

You gonna come up for air or keep slurping Edmonton's you know what? ;)
Hey, you’re within 200’…

IMO the East has been overrated for years.

Florida is legit good, the Rangers are Shesterkin, and the rest is actual trash.

Give me Edmonton, Colorado, Dallas, even f***ing Vancouver and Vegas over any team not named Florida in the East.
Yeah don’t agree with that. Edmonton is up near the top (I’d say 3rd) then the West slides down.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
since his team was put in the corner, on verge of elimination, dude has put up EIGHT points. 42 total now. ridiculous. doesnt matter what happens from now, just hand him the Conn Smythe. and if the Oilers somehow manage to win the Cup... ... f*** it, change the trophy's name to Connor McJesus Award.
Deep down, everyone who knows anything about the NHL and hockey in general knows that McDavid is the best player in the league. Probably, in the world.

He stepped up, took it up to another afterburner gear with the result that no mortal can stop him. Just like Mario did after he returned from his 1st cancer bout in '92 (Think it was '92. He passed LaFontaine for the scoring title and won the Cup.)

He's gonna earn this Cup and not have it handed to him.

Yep. Generational. No question.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The Avs have the most penalty advantage over the last 5 seasons by a very wide margin. Don’t pretend the Avs have refs after them at all.
It's true but they still call shit on us and make us kill penalties. They swallowed the whistles for Edmonton in the 3rd and didn't even make them kill one. The Avs always have to kill at least one, especially when there is something as obvious as the too many men no call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad