Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well league got what it wanted another game and more money. That was a joke of a game that the refs dictated. That's unfortunate and shitty look for the league.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
LAK watching the series go from a sweep to 7 games...

giphy.gif

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well league got what it wanted another game and more money. That was a joke of a game that the refs dictated. That's unfortunate and shitty look for the league.
How did the refs dictate it? Lol.

Lost the game on special teams. Florida just needs to be even in special teams to win.
I said it during game 4, that PP goal the Oilers scored was akin to a death sentence for the Panthers on special teams.

It just takes one to get going. I am more certain than ever they will score another PPG in game 6. It looks terrifying again.

Florida has to bring their A game at 5-on-5 in game 6 to win.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Have you ever enjoyed anything?
It's not enjoying watching an incredibly lopsided reffed game that gives the team down in the series every f***ing chance to extend the series. 3 blatant missed calls on Edmonton in the 3rd isn't interesting or fun hockey. I just want games where both team go at it and the refs aren't force feeding PPs to one team or the other.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Florida not having an elite offensive dman is showing up at the wrong time and it especially shows on their PP.
Also, it seems Barkov is much to worried defensively and is almost no threat offensively. Hes scared McDavid is going to pop off well he can forget that shit now. McDavid is showing everyone why hes the best player on the planet in these finals.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Do they have ABC network in Jamaica? Because that’s where I’m gonna be if this goes to game 7. Would hate to miss that game

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
since his team was put in the corner, on verge of elimination, dude has put up EIGHT points. 42 total now. ridiculous. doesnt matter what happens from now, just hand him the Conn Smythe. and if the Oilers somehow manage to win the Cup... ... f*** it, change the trophy's name to Connor McJesus Award.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Avs said it best their year, it was harder for them to close it out at home. Florida needs to clean up a few things but I think they finish the series in 6.

With the way things are going though, if Oilers pull off the improbable, I wouldn't even be that mad. Just to witness the greatness that is McDavid. Mackinnon could never.

Reactions: Chiarelli

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
How did the refs dictate it? Lol.

I said it during game 4, that PP goal the Oilers scored was akin to a death sentence for the Panthers on special teams.

It just takes one to get going. I am more certain than ever they will score another PPG in game 6. It looks terrifying again.

Florida has to bring their A game at 5-on-5 in game 6 to win.
What 5 to 2 PP in favor of Edmonton. Not to mention a missed trip early in the 3rd and an extremely obvious too many men penalty with no call. Refs didn't want to give Florida any chance in the 3rd on the PP so they made sure not to give them any chance even though they earned it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What 5 to 2 PP in favor of Edmonton. Not to mention a missed trip early in the 3rd and an extremely obvious too many men penalty with no call. Refs didn't want to give Florida any chance in the 3rd on the PP so they made sure not to give them any chance even though they earned it.
Oh god. There are missed trips all over the ice all game long. If it's tight, they're not calling it.

PPs were 5-3, not 5-2. There have been ticky tack calls and missed calls both ways.

This isn't some conspiracy.

Reactions: henchman21

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Canadian media needs to pressure the Oilers, I have a hard time seeing Florida winning a game 7. McDavid won't lose that one

• Haha
Reactions: Bender

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Avs said it best their year, it was harder for them to close it out at home. Florida needs to clean up a few things but I think they finish the series in 6.

With the way things are going though, if Oilers pull off the improbable, I wouldn't even be that mad. Just to witness the greatness that is McDavid. Mackinnon could never.
Florida had a chance to end it on the road and shit the bed. Came home shit the bed about to go back to Canada to shit the bed.

Reactions: Alienblood

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Also the majority of HFAvs posters

Well yeah? Why would Avs fans root for Edmonton? Seems like alot of posters here don't mind tho. To each his own but not exactly surprising some fans are unhappy when a team in your conference wins lol

Credit to Edmonton. They've honestly been the better team in the series. If Bob didn't stand on his head early on they'd have complete control. East got overrated. Still think Florida wins it but the gap is nowhere near as big between them and the rest of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad