Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Chris Dingman, 2x Stanley Cup Champion
Ducks legend Teemu Selanne – the numbers don't lie – Orange County Register't lie – Orange County Register

Think you missed these two...Dingman won with Tampa in 04 with Andreychuk. Teemu got his in 07.
If we count former players who went on to become coaches, then Sylvain Lefebvre is about to win one along with ERod in the very near future

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I'm conflicted. One one hand, watching Oilers fans weep getting swept sounds so nice, plus we can move on to the trades and such. On the other hand, no hockey till October makes me sad.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm conflicted. One one hand, watching Oilers fans weep getting swept sounds so nice, plus we can move on to the trades and such. On the other hand, no hockey till October makes me sad.
Just get it over tonight. Don't give ANY hope to them.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was one of the worst 2-on-1's I've seen result in a goal. Haha.

Oilers extremely lucky with the Panthers' posts and then the goal.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I know that but there STILL has to be a plan going forward.

They probably need to re-up draisailt this summer or else trade him or risk losing him as a UFA next summer... you have to think it would be unlikely to happen but bad GMs do stupid things such as losing a star player and getting absolutely nothing in return.

I'm certainly not saying they won't try to go all-in next year - they will but they haven't made the right decisions with this team for the past 4-5 years and I doubt that starts now. I just personally believe that THIS year was their best shot at the Cup. Everything aligned for them to make a run out of the west but next year, there is going to be a team that's going to handle them much like the panthers are doing in the finals this year.

People don't have to agree but it's my opinion.
Like Cmac with Rantanen?

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Have the Oilers ever lead a game 3-1 on home ice whilst being down 0-3 in a series before? Can't remember how that turned out!

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Panthers are making uncharacteristic mistakes. Either too lax about this game, or the nerves of being one win away got to them. It's fine, as long as they don't do it 4 games in a row.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Stayed up for this dog shit

Skinner, start doing Skinner stuff please...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
At least now they can win the cup at home.

It's always awkward/anticlimatic to win the cup on the road in front of fans that hate you.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
If Oilers hold on to win this one, you know the coping narrative in Edmonton will be that they dominated Games 1 and 4 and were "unlucky" to lose the series

Reactions: BaconNater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad