Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, I just don’t get the hate for Edmonton. I understand not liking them, but such an hate for a team that has never been rivals with the Avs is kind of puzzling to me. I can’t hate teams because of their fans. I mean I’m not watching fans, I’m watching the team. Who cares about the Oilers fans

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Yeah, I just don’t get the hate for Edmonton. I understand not liking them, but such an hate for a team that has never been rivals with the Avs is kind of puzzling to me. I can’t hate teams because of their fans. I mean I’m not watching fans, I’m watching the team. Who cares about the Oilers fans
They took the Cup away from the Islanders in 1984. Fvck the oil!

That franchise is also named for the number 1 cause of climate change, a shitty franchise and a natural disaster!

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
The Panthers board is bleak reading. I'm glad our win was as dominant as it was because if, for instance, we went up 3-0 in the final then lost I genuinely think this forum would just have been deleted off the site.
That game 7 GDT would have been a sight to see.

Over two weeks for a 7 game series is a joke.
It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean if they go with Stolarz in a game 7 of the cup finals, what could go wrong?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not sure which would be funnier, Florida total collapse or Canada continuing their dry streak.

I wonder what gets burned if Edmonton loses, or do they all act like they won it regardless of what happens?

Yes their fans are worthy of hating that team.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
What an awesome finals it has been, Florida players and fans must be sick tonight thinking about game 7.

I can’t think of another sporting event that is as devastating as losing in the finals after being up 3-0. Falcons blowing the 28-3 lead against Brady and the Pats is up there but that was just one half of one football game. For Florida fans this choke would have lasted 9 days, that is brutal as a fan to have to watch

Florida losing would make the 2019 Lightning getting swept by Columbus look like nothing in comparison

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What an awesome finals it has been, Florida players and fans must be sick tonight thinking about game 7.

I can’t think of another sporting event that is as devastating as losing in the finals after being up 3-0. Falcons blowing the 28-3 lead against Brady and the Pats is up there but that was just one half of one football game. For Florida fans this choke would have lasted 9 days, that is brutal as a fan to have to watch

Florida losing would make the 2019 Lightning getting swept by Columbus look like nothing in comparison
If the Panthers blow this I honestly can't see this group ever winning the Stanley Cup.

They've been to the SCF in back to back years, we know how hard it is to get there even once let alone with the whole thing. Going 0/2 in back to back years seems like a death sentence, especially losing in this manner.

Reinhart, Tarasenko, Montour, OEL, Stenlund, Kulikov, Lomberg, Cousins are all UFAs and Lundell is an RFA. Some tough decisions this Summer and then the following summer Bennett, Verhaege, and Ekblad are UFAs.

Tomorrow is IMO one of the most significant game 7s in NHL history, right up there with Ray Bourque in 2001 and Gretzky vs the Leafs in 1993.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I'm rooting for Florida. After getting Mikko and Mack, and you know showing them the door in history. I just can't wish bad things for that team unless it's against us lol.

Also Bob somehow has not been the complete boat anchor I thought he would be.

If the Panthers blow this I honestly can't see this group ever winning the Stanley Cup.

They've been to the SCF in back to back years, we know how hard it is to get there even once let alone with the whole thing. Going 0/2 in back to back years seems like a death sentence, especially losing in this manner.

Reinhart, Tarasenko, Montour, OEL, Stenlund, Kulikov, Lomberg, Cousins are all UFAs and Lundell is an RFA. Some tough decisions this Summer and then the following summer Bennett, Verhaege, and Ekblad are UFAs.

Tomorrow is IMO one of the most significant game 7s in NHL history, right up there with Ray Bourque in 2001 and Gretzky vs the Leafs in 1993.

I guess you can always look at SJ and be thankful for what you have. 😆

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Ekblad is probably not getting re-signed. This might be an unpopular opinion, but Florida's RHD depth is easily bottom 10 in the league. Their defense is literally being saved by Forsling. Weegar legit would have been vital in this series.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hey, he hasn't exactly been stellar in previous game 7s. Held scoreless in 2 of his 3 career game 7s.

This may be the difference between him and Crosby. We'll see though..

Sid is clutch, Mack isn't quite as but still very much a big game player. McD hasn't proven to be yet. It will haunt his career if he doesn't have a big game at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad