Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is the first year I've really enjoyed playoff hockey after the Avs have been eliminated in a long time. I've been so upset the last many times they've been eliminated and just kinda quit watching hockey until the fall.

I have no idea why I did that to myself. This has been an incredible finals. I have a feeling game 7 favors the team with momentum but man these Cats have played pretty terrible for 3+ games now. You have to think at some point they snap out of it, but they did have two 4 game losing streaks this season.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If McDavid has one of those "gonna will this team no matter what" games, there's nothing Florida can do. He's Gretzky 2.0.

The Oilers got a great game from Draisaitl for the first time since the Vancouver series in game 6. Florida has to be worried that he may have found something leading into game 7.

EDIT: A buddy of mine pointed this out to me and I find it interesting. Post-game 6 Knoblauch was asked why he switched the lines that were working so well in games 4 and 5 when McDavid had back-to-back 4 point games and he didn't answer the question. My buddy was speculating he thinks the Oilers are seeing something on that left side during both home and away games to get certain matchups by swapping out RNH/Foegele with McDavid/Draisaitl.

Wonder if Knoblauch goes back to the game 4/5 lines or if he sticks with the game 6 lines. Strange to see a coach change his lines around after two big wins but that's what he did.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
IMO tonight's game will come down to Tkachuk. McDavid and Barkov will do their thing against each other. I think McDavid has a good game, but I think Barkov can keep him in check to a reasonable degree. Skinner and Bob both have questions, Skinner has played well lately, but does that continue? Cheese is the X factor though. If he plays a full 60 like he did the last half of game 5, he's likely to have a couple points and really push the physicality of the game. If he runs around like an idiot or is just invisible, Florida likey gets beaten to a pulp.

Absolutely love that we are getting a game that could be career defining for so many players... and even for the org in general with Florida. Just so much at stake on both sides.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Barkov holds McDavid in check, Florida likely wins.

However, if McDavid goes off again there is simply nothing Florida has to keep up with him.

IMO he dictates how game 7 ends. A 3+ point night and we're watching 97 collect two trophies at 10:00pm and honestly probably ensuring he is a top-5 all time player from now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If Barkov holds McDavid in check, Florida likely wins.

However, if McDavid goes off again there is simply nothing Florida has to keep up with him.

IMO he dictates how game 7 ends. A 3+ point night and we're watching 97 collect two trophies at 10:00pm and honestly probably ensuring he is a top-5 all time player from now.
I just don’t know if Florida has the legs to keep up with Edmonton right now, especially their defense. Now I could see Florida trapping it up tonight to win, but if Edmonton can utilize their speed advantage like they have been I think Florida may be SOL.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Yeah Lomberg.
Every time I hear Lomberg I think of this guy :laugh:->
Bill_Lumbergh_Office_Space.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: henchman21

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I can't wait for this. The only complaint I have is that this game isn't being played in Edmonton. This Universe might have honestly imploded.

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad