Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Damn. That sucked. I wanted that for McDavid with the playoffs he had.

Ah well. It’s not the Avs so I don’t care that much. He should’ve showed up in the clinching game like MacKinnon against Tampa.

Yeah, we back to hating now that it’s technically a new season already!

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
The "most valuable" player should be one who makes a difference in delivering victory when everything is on the line, not for running up stats in Round 1 against the LA Kings.

Who would you have given it to on Florida? The award isn't for the most valuable player on the winning team you know? All things being equal, for a player to win the Smythe on the losing team in the finals, he needs to have had a truly remarkable playoff performance that's leaps and bounds better than anyone on the winning team; McJesus did that and then some.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
A lot of ‘we’ll be back’ from Oilers fans.

We’ll see. I think they’ve had some of the most fortunate injury luck of any team in the league the last couple years. That won’t last forever. They’ve basically had no key injuries for two straight playoff runs.

Much like the Avs, they have an ageing group (actually older than Colorado), and the cap is only going to become more of an issue for them with key extensions upcoming.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

We’ll see. I think they’ve had some of the most fortunate injury luck of any team in the league the last couple years. That won’t last forever. They’ve basically had no key injuries for two straight playoff runs.

Much like the Avs, they have an ageing group (actually older than Colorado), and the cap is only going to become more of an issue for them with key extensions upcoming.
They have one more clear year. After that they’ll have significant trouble just due to the cap.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The guy broke a Gretzky record and had the 3rd highest playoff PPG of all time. He deserves it IMO. Bob lost it in games 4-6.
It's a sour taste in my mouth giving it to someone on the losing team. Didn't like it when JSG won it either. You either win or lose. Edmonton lost that isn't playoff MVP stuff. I don't care about records etc. Winning and losing is all that matters. No one care that you broke records if you lose.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
1st ever cup for Florida. How many other teams are there in NHL with no Cups? Minnie, Columbus and a few others.
Canucks, most notably. Also Sharks, Senators (ancient history team coincidentally also named Senators doesn't count), Jets, Kraken, whatever Utah calls themselves, Predators, Sabres.

And if you are talking about victories in the lifetime of most fans and are visiting the Toronto board, do remember to mention the Maple Leafs.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Oiler fans said the same thing after 2006 and it lead to a decade of darkness. This aint that but when you get the chance to win the cup you better take full advantage. Mackinnon, Makar and Rantanen might not ever come close to a cup again but they made the most of their opportunity.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It's a sour taste in my mouth giving it to someone on the losing team. Didn't like it when JSG won it either. You either win or lose. Edmonton lost that isn't playoff MVP stuff. I don't care about records etc. Winning and losing is all that matters. No one care that you broke records if you lose.
I'd argue the Panthers would've gotten it if they had any single performance worth a damn.

Or at least above the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad