Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
A lot of ‘we’ll be back’ from Oilers fans.

We’ll see. I think they’ve had some of the most fortunate injury luck of any team in the league the last couple years. That won’t last forever. They’ve basically had no key injuries for two straight playoff runs.

Much like the Avs, they have an ageing group (actually older than Colorado), and the cap is only going to become more of an issue for them with key extensions upcoming.
I actually don't think they had injury luck this year. Evander Kane was hurt to the point of not being able to play SCF games and I'm 100% certain Leon Draisaitl has some sort of injury to his lower body. He was not the same player post-Vancouver series and IIRC he got hurt in that series, the Sportsnet panel dedicated time to it I believe after game 5 or game 6.

Tough to get back, though.

I love the Avs matching up against Edmonton always. I feel like if we play them in the playoffs, we'll beat them.
Bouchard taking his sweet ass time as the clock is clicking down had everyone at the bar going nuts haha
Bro I was losing my f***ing mind and I WANTED them to lose.

I thought Bouchard and Ekholm were horrible in the offensive zone tonight. Ekholm especially caused so many one-and-done plays offensively when the Panthers were exhausted and allowed them to change getting his shot blocked or turning it over outright.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Sportswriters are in charge here, not the league.

Also, just google shirime. 😉
I mean did you read my reply? I get it I’m a Neanderthal typing but it did say all encompassing. I don’t watch Japanese anima. Butt eye? Or an eye in the place of an anus. Sure

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Oiler fans said the same thing after 2006 and it lead to a decade of darkness. This aint that but when you get the chance to win the cup you better take full advantage. Mackinnon, Makar and Rantanen might not ever come close to a cup again but they made the most of their opportunity.
The glory days of Sakic, Forsberg and Roy only won 2 cups.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

I thought Bouchard and Ekholm were horrible in the offensive zone tonight. Ekholm especially caused so many one-and-done plays offensively when the Panthers were exhausted and allowed them to change getting his shot blocked or turning it over outright.
First time I heard my dad swear lol. He let out a loud "Move your f***in ass!!!"

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The glory days of Sakic, Forsberg and Roy only won 2 cups.
Exactly. God I wanted them to win it in 99. Foppa would have been the MVP for sure.

Then the idiot proceeded to make a horrible pass that led to Florida running out the clock.

The guy can be phenomenal but there are times like that when he's downright maddening.
yah when he made that pass and it ended up in the corner it was prison rules and that ended the game.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I actually don't think they had injury luck this year. Evander Kane was hurt to the point of not being able to play SCF games and I'm 100% certain Leon Draisaitl has some sort of injury to his lower body. He was not the same player post-Vancouver series and IIRC he got hurt in that series, the Sportsnet panel dedicated time to it I believe after game 5 or game 6.

Tough to get back, though.

I love the Avs matching up against Edmonton always. I feel like if we play them in the playoffs, we'll beat them.

I mean, Kane’s not someone I would call a key player anymore.

As for guys not being 100%, that’s a lot of players in the playoffs. The top part of their roster has had incredible health luck in recent years. It seems unsustainable, it’s been so good.

The Avs may not get back either, tbh. It feels like they’ve been cursed since the cup.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Exactly. God I wanted them to win it in 99. Foppa would have been the MVP for sure.

yah when he made that pass and it ended up in the corner it was prison rules and that ended the game.
In that scenario, I wish the referee would blow the whistle. You know what the Panthers are trying to do there, blow it dead and leave 8/9 seconds left for a faceoff.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Just relax… look at butthole eyes and have a laugh
im not worked up, I’m good. This weekend I was worked up got 86’ed out of a bar(pool tournament)not one drop of booze either. I have no vested interest in any of it, just didn’t think a player on a losing said should ever win the con smythe I’d say the same thing if it was an Avs player in the same situation

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean, Kane’s not someone I would call a key player anymore.

As for guys not being 100%, that’s a lot of players in the playoffs. The top part of their roster has had incredible health luck in recent years. It seems unsustainable, it’s been so good.

The Avs may not get back either, tbh. It feels like they’ve been cursed since the cup.
You definitely have to be lucky with your playoff injuries. I hope the Avs can get another year like 2022.

I think a healthy Evander Kane makes a difference more than Corey Perry or Derek Ryan. Lest we forget he scored 13 goals in 15 games the year we won the cup.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_9675.jpeg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The moral of this story is you simply cannot win four straight 7 games in a row, especially when you're playing against the best team in the league.

Florida Panthers are the best team and deservedly won.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
The MacK > McDavid in the playoffs argument is dead.

The only thing you people have to hold onto is that Tanguay > McDavid in game 7s.
Seems like McDavid tried to conjure his inner game 7 MacK tonight 😝
Pull the Fing goalie!!!
Legit don't understand why they waited so long
Leon - 24 points in first 12 games of the playoffs vs Talbot/Rittich/Silovs
Leon - 7 points in last in last 13 games of the playoffs vs Ottinger/Bob

I hope Edmonton gives him 13m+ next Monday.
Leon looked terrible
Bouchard taking his sweet ass time as the clock is clicking down had everyone at the bar going nuts haha
Absolutely no urgency lol

Maybe part of it was how exhausted all the starters were. I know for sure the Avs starters wouldn't have been that dead at the end of regulation.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So mcdavid getting the con smythe equals participation awards. NHL is lame
What a joke the league is. Bob was the MVP of the playoffs by a large margin.
Hate the McDavid Conn Smythe. He had unreal playoffs but your team lost end of discussion. Give it to someone on the winning team.
Disagree, McDavid is the only calibre option especially with recency bias. Bobrovsky was going to be the CS, but lost it with those 1-8 and 1-5 losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad