Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I mean Edmonton has pressure for sure. Florida definitely has more pressure though. If they don’t win tonight, they’re on the edge of one of the biggest chokes in the sports history.
On the flipside, if Edmonton don't win tonight, they are dunzo. They are at home in front of hungry fans. And they have a glimmer of hope.

If I think about which situation I'd prefer to be in as an Avs fan, down 3-2 in game 6 at home, or up 3-2 away, I take being up. Winning the cup away from home seems easier. Since 2010 only 3 teams have won the cup on home ice - LA twice, Tampa, and Chicago. Tampa also won in the bubble which was technically at home, but I'd say it's fair to say that doesn't really count as winning on home ice.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
On the flipside, if Edmonton don't win tonight, they are dunzo. They are at home in front of hungry fans. And they have a glimmer of hope.

If I think about which situation I'd prefer to be in as an Avs fan, down 3-2 in game 6 at home, or up 3-2 away, I take being up. Winning the cup away from home seems easier. Since 2010 only 3 teams have won the cup on home ice - LA twice, Tampa, and Chicago. Tampa also won in the bubble which was technically at home, but I'd say it's fair to say that doesn't really count as winning on home ice.
I mean there’s obviously pressure on both sides dont get me wrong. But if Florida doesn’t get it done tonight pressure is wayyyy more on them.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Knight won at home last year too.

Hard to say who has more pressure. I gotta think both teams regress back to the average which means Florida tightens up on defense and McJesus only scores 2/3 points. Either way this has been a great series after starting out lackluster. I've got Oilers in OT tonight, but they go back to Florida and lose for peak drama.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Must win for Florida. Oilers are at home with momentum so a tough hill to climb. But if they get to game 7 when it's winner take all McDavid will not be denied.

McDavid is now solidly #1.5 in terms of greatest to ever play the game. He's better than Gretzky but nobody will ever admit it. Which is why he's at 1.5 in my rankings. Since calling him #2 to anyone is just wrong.

I said it before and will keep on saying it. This is a legendary playoff run. Arguably the best in not only all of nhl hockey all time but the best ever post season performance in the history of sports.

Reactions: Turbonium

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Must win for Florida. Oilers are at home with momentum so a tough hill to climb. But if they get to game 7 when it's winner take all McDavid will not be denied.

McDavid is now solidly #1.5 in terms of greatest to ever play the game. He's better than Gretzky but nobody will ever admit it. Which is why he's at 1.5 in my rankings. Since calling him #2 to anyone is just wrong.

I said it before and will keep on saying it. This is a legendary playoff run. Arguably the best in not only all of nhl hockey all time but the best ever post season performance in the history of sports.
McDavid might be better than Gretzky but he will always be 2nd after Makar

I always say that and I’m not sure if people think I’m joking, but im not

Reactions: kchan9

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Florida completely forgot how to play hockey. What an eye sore. Feel so bad for Panthers fans

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Florida clearly thinks the series ended after Game 3. They look like shit.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Florida really doing their level best to be the first team in 80+ years to blow a 3-0 lead in the Finals. Edmonton is a very good team but how do you this badly forget how to play the moment you have one hand on the trophy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad