Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If I'm the Oilers I'm OK with the loss. They were the better team and aren't going to get goalied every night.
I think they'll be kicking themselves for losing this game. Florida won't be that bad the rest of this series.

If they are, the Oilers are the Stanley Cup Champions because Bobrovsky isn't going to hold that off forever.

Reactions: GeoRox89

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
you know who has never lost a Game 1 in the Cup Finals? Just some guys named MacKinnon and Makar and Rantanen and Toews and Cogliano, that's who
The entire Avalanche organization has never lost Game 1 in the SCFs. Beat Florida 3-1, the Devils 5-0 and of course TBL 4-3 but it took OT.

Out of curiosity. Would anyone be happier if we had made the Stanley Cup Finals more often but still only had three Cups to our name? I'm not so sure myself as the heartbreak increases with each round as well.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
That's the kind of goaltending that starts to put doubt in the other team's heads. Bob is just on another level. No doubt McDrai will break through in one or two games, but I don't think they can drag their team through to four wins here.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
What are you laughing about?

0-3

The entire Avalanche organization has never lost Game 1 in the SCFs. Beat Florida 3-1, the Devils 5-0 and of course TBL 4-3 but it took OT.

Out of curiosity. Would anyone be happier if we had made the Stanley Cup Finals more often but still only had three Cups to our name? I'm not so sure myself as the heartbreak increases with each round as well.

More winning is always better. Always.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
0-3

More winning is always better. Always.
I suppose that is going to be the most popular answer. I would agree during our decade of suck (2006/07-2016/17) that I wouldn't have minded the Avs being a hell of a lot better and maybe losing to Pittsburg or Boston. But outside of that, the thought of losing to New Jersey or Tampa Bay is just so... yuck.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

No to the last part. 97, 99 and 02 still suck just because it felt like if they got past the WCF those years they win the Cup. 00 is a toss up for who wins so had never been as bothersome to me

I’ve watched 7 title game losses from teams I follow since 09. They were all a lot harder to watch than bowing out earlier. I’d rather see the Avs perennially make the WCF but if they can’t get by the eastern champ would rather see them crash out there than go through the heartbreak of the bitter end loss

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That's the kind of goaltending that starts to put doubt in the other team's heads. Bob is just on another level. No doubt McDrai will break through in one or two games, but I don't think they can drag their team through to four wins here.
If the Oilers play like that every game and the Panthers don't improve, idgaf how good Bobrovsky is, the Oilers are going to break through and win this series.

I don't expect that to be the case, but Florida has to be much, much better. This isn't just some random average team you're getting out-chanced high danger by triple, it's the two best offensive players and a top five offensive defensemen in the world.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If the Oilers play like that every game and the Panthers don't improve, idgaf how good Bobrovsky is, the Oilers are going to break through and win this series.

I don't expect that to be the case, but Florida has to be much, much better. This isn't just some random average team you're getting out-chanced high danger by triple, it's the two best offensive players and a top five offensive defensemen in the world.
Why don't you just come out of the closet with your oilers gear already ???

Hahahaha

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Florida improves. They looked bad vs Bruins too first few games and then took over. Adjustments and they will win.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's a tough one for the Oilers. Clearly the better team last night but Bob was on another level. Hyman had some glorious chances that he just messed up on too.

Panthers will likely be a lot better moving forward and they'll also continue taking advantage of those Nurse-Ceci minutes.

Hahahaha

The only Oilers gear I have is an old Horcoff jersey I won at a work raffle that I was unable to sell. That was probably 10 years ago, tags still attached, and never worn. Hit me up if you want it, @dahrougem2.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Hahahaha
IMG_2834.jpeg

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Circumstantial for me. For example, I’m ok with losing to Dallas in round two if we were to lose to Edmonton in round 3 otherwise. Some teams I just do not want to watch beat us and it’s mostly fan driven. Toronto being another, but that’s family related lol.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I can’t believe how passive our pk is watching the Edmonton pk. We’re not a good shot blocking team to begin with there’s no reason to be that passive.
For a team that prides itself on its ability to skate, our special teams are strangely immobile. Not just the PK, but the minute they gain the zone on the PP they stop skating as well. Everyone just stands still and passes.

I'm struggling to understand why there are no changes...to the system or the coaches implementing them.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
For a team that prides itself on its ability to skate, our special teams are strangely immobile. Not just the PK, but the minute they gain the zone on the PP they stop skating as well. Everyone just stands still and passes.

I'm struggling to understand why there are no changes...to the system or the coaches implementing them.
Maybe because it's what Jared wants?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah... he's got the clutch gene for sure. Amazing to think he was a healthy scratch on that 2020 Bolts team. :oops:
Bolts had both him and Marchessault. Wish the Avs had a draft/development crew so good they could let guys like that go for next to nothing and still be regarded as one of the best in the league.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad