Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Remember the days when everyone thought Mac was way ahead of McD in the playoffs. Those were some fun days.
It’s a situation where one already has the cup, the other one really wants it. McDavid wants the cup now just like Nate wanted one before winning it. Seems like Nate and the Avs are satisfied with one cup. They might say all the right things like yeah, we want to win another one etc… but do they really? You can really tell the difference between teams who really want to win it and ones that pretend to want it

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
It’s a situation where one already has the cup, the other one really wants it. McDavid wants the cup now just like Nate wanted one before winning it. Seems like Nate and the Avs are satisfied with one cup. They might say all the right things like yeah, we want to win another one etc… but do they really? You can really tell the difference between teams who really want to win it and ones that pretend to want it
Never underestimate the power of wanting to get the hell out of Edmonton. If McDavid wins the Cup for the city, I could see him moving on in unrestricted free agency

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This series is such a snooze fest compared to NY Florida. It’s mainly because Stars play such a boring game. I hope they get knocked out and just f*** off so we can have a good exciting finals

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Some of us said this in September and got mocked for it. Even after October some were saying the Oilers would go further than the Avs and got laughed at. Fun times.

I know. I been saying all season.

scuse me sir.
At this rate, taking Hughes to win the Norris early on (before the odds dropped from 15 to 1.7 in a week) and the Oilers to win the Cup back when they were bottom of the league (with underlying numbers that clearly showed they had no business being there) might be the smartest thing I have ever done even though they were hardcore jinx bets and not genuine predictions

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
At this rate, taking Hughes to win the Norris early on (before the odds dropped from 15 to 1.7 in a week) and the Oilers to win the Cup back when they were bottom of the league (with underlying numbers that clearly showed they had no business being there) might be the smartest thing I have ever done even though they were hardcore jinx bets and not genuine predictions
I put $15 on the Oilers winning the cup in December and I'm thrilled right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad