Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
By the way if the Stars win the cup it's going to be the toughest road to the Stanley cup I can remember.

They started with the last 2 cup champs then the best contenter in the other division then one of the top 2 team in the East in Rags/Panthers.

That's a brutal path and they'll truly deserve their cup.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dallas is just playing sound, mistake free hockey.

It feels similar to our series honestly. They just don't make very many mistakes and pretty much wait for you to make mistakes and capitalize every single time.
And when they DO make mistakes, they have the ultimate mistake-eraser in Tanev (Oettinger doing his part as well).

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I asked my Oiler fan buddies if they are willing to part with Holloway and a 1st just to move Nurse. Without hesitation they all said yes lol.

Between Nurse, Ceci, Campbell, James Neal buy-out, and carryover cap overage, Oilers are spending 23m (or 26.2% of the cap) next year on this package of 0 value. That's insane.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Dallas is just playing sound, mistake free hockey.

It feels similar to our series honestly. They just don't make very many mistakes and pretty much wait for you to make mistakes and capitalize every single time.
This is the frustrating part. I don't think Dallas are world beaters. They're consistent and minimize mistakes and manage the puck well.

The Avs even without Nuke should have been able to play an even series with Dallas. But got blown out because of lack of discipline and consistency and quite frankly the go to guys on Dallas playing better.

When you're a top heavy team like the Avs and your top guys are second best something has gone very wrong.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
This is the frustrating part. I don't think Dallas are world beaters. They're consistent and minimize mistakes and manage the puck well.

The Avs even without Nuke should have been able to play an even series with Dallas. But got blown out because of lack of discipline and consistency and quite frankly the go to guys on Dallas playing better.

When you're a top heavy team like the Avs and your top guys are second best something has gone very wrong.

I still cant get over the fact, that we were the team that looked out of gas by Game 5, allthough having played 2 less games at this point.

Those 2 OTs in Game 6 were mindblowing. We were just hanging there like Apollo Creed in Vegas, when he got hammered bei Ivan Drago.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019

Avs have way more talent but play zero IQ hockey and can't adapt.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yup... and that is partly on Bednar. He's very strict with his system and thinks it should just overpower teams consistently. If it can't, his counter is just not very strong. We see it in this Oilers/Stars now that you can tweak and hit the Stars hard... but DeBoer will constantly be tweaking to adjust to what teams are doing.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Nurse has 2 points and is a -12 this playoff. Took that dumb penalty late in the period as well. Can’t believe this guy makes more than Makar
Good thing for us is that they need to sign Bouchard after next year. He signed a two years bridge deal betting on himself and damn he will totally cash in.
If Makar is like Bobby Orr, then Heiskanen is Lidstrom. He is the best shutdown guy left in the playoffs currently. Just another level come playoff time.
Very underrated player because of his regular season production. Dude is a freaking beast come playoffs time.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Good thing for us is that they need to sign Bouchard after next year. He signed a two years bridge deal betting on himself and damn he will totally cash in.

Very underrated player because of his regular season production. Dude is a freaking beast come playoffs time.
Heisenberg had a shade off ppg just last year and looks to be about a 10 + 45 guy as a base. He's the full package, steady, and all situation big minutes.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If Makar is like Bobby Orr, then Heiskanen is Lidstrom. He is the best shutdown guy left in the playoffs currently. Just another level come playoff time.
Miro is probably the best defensemen left overall in these playoffs and is a complete beast of a player. But Forsling is arguably the best defensive player in the league. Not sure anybody touches him in that area at any position.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Offensive talent in terms of straight line play and speed with the puck yes.

But the ability to play cohesive defense, manage the puck properly, and be consistent are all parts of winning. Even if its not considered a talent.

Dallas by far the better team than the Avs. Which at the end of the day is what matters more than talent.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Offensive talent in terms of straight line play and speed with the puck yes.

But the ability to play cohesive defense, manage the puck properly, and be consistent are all parts of winning. Even if its not considered a talent.

Dallas by far the better team than the Avs. Which at the end of the day is what matters more than talent.
Agreed. Avs are more purely skilled. Dallas has higher IQ, better depth, superior coaching/systems/buy in, and is the better team no doubt.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
@Ceremony was on this since the very start of the regular season, props to him
I was tagged so I opened the thread here. I then read a bunch of posts including these:
McDavid is flying tonight. Dallas has no answer.

Idk how Jason Robertson has NHL success. What an incredibly slow skater.

I put $15 on the Oilers winning the cup in December and I'm thrilled right now.

WTH happened to Oilers. It was 2-0 I went to have dinner, came back and it’s 3-2 Dallas LOL
I don't even know what the final score was yet but this is all very funny. Personally Duchene winning would be the one solace in a Stars championship.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
And when they DO make mistakes, they have the ultimate mistake-eraser in Tanev (Oettinger doing his part as well).

Ya true. I domt have any regrets on the Walker trade... But man you have to wonder how different our series against Dallas goes if we had Tanev and they didn't.

Could be the trade we missed out on that cost us the cup tbh(Though probably not without Nuke either).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad