Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014 - 2015 Discussions, Predictions & Game Chat II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

NYi misses Hamonic badly

Hamonic and Visnovsky - they are missing their #2 and #3 - de Hann let them down on the first goal tonight, but Boychuck and Leddy on the last one. Their defense beyond the primary pair has looked weak all night. They are getting crashed down low. Washington has worn them down physically, at least in this game.

But is Nelson hurt? What was Capuano's thinking taking him out of the lineup tonight - the only game he's missed all season? He must be hurt. And the Islanders second and third lines are getting killed. The Isles have shaken up their lines but it's backfiring big time. They look beat. They quit in this game when they went down 3 - 1 in the 3d. Not a good sign.

Backstrom and Ovechkin are neutralizing Tavares and Okposo tonight, the two teams fourth lines are canceling out, but the Caps middle lines are killing the Isles.

We will see what the Isles have got left in them Saturday. But I had a feeling when they came out soft in overtime on Tuesday that they lost the series right there. Hope I am wrong but I think they are through.

When you think of it, Nelson and Strome, Neilson, Grabner, Lee - all their secondary scoring - has vanished in this series after game one.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'm mad at them for collapsing. They could have given the Rangers a run instead of laying down for them like the Capitals love to do.

It seems the Islanders are just laying down to the Capitals though.

I don't know why I'm surprised though, I picked the Capitals in 6 before the series started. Islanders were just trending downward late in the season.

I'm stuck with this avatar until the SCF ends, as per stipulation I made in the bet.:laugh:

See, I don't buy all the hype that the rivalry would have made for a close series. Rangers are playing like ****, but on their best day, they're far superior to the Islanders. I think the more likely result would have been the Islanders getting curb stomped along with the Rangers fans closing down "fortneverlose".

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Tampa tied this game and scored 2 goals in like 2 seconds just to lose this game in OT (or lose at all), I'm gonna be really annoyed.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
See, I don't buy all the hype that the rivalry would have made for a close series. Rangers are playing like ****, but on their best day, they're far superior to the Islanders. I think the more likely result would have been the Islanders getting curb stomped along with the Rangers fans closing down "fortneverlose".

I actually thought the Islanders would give them some competition, though I still would have picked the Rangers in probably 6.

If the Rangers need 6 to take down Washington, it's probably very likely that Washington had a lead in the series and couldn't close it like usual.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Having that much talent upfront means you can never be counted out no matter how many minutes are left on the clock.

I'm worried about Bishop, though. I think he's a tad overrated, but he's generally better than this series has shown, to say the least.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I had a Devils/Canes flashback on that rush at the end.

I had a bad feeling that was gonna lead to a BACKBREAKING and series ending goal with seconds left in regulation.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I shouldn't root against Detroit cause of our pick interests but I really don't want Tampa out this soon, they're my only realistic hope of taking out the Rangers in the East at this point now that the Isles have imploded.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
OT coming up and what should be 2 great elimination games, as well.
My remote is going to be doing some heavy lifting in the next hour or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad