Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014 - 2015 Discussions, Predictions & Game Chat II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Detroit doesn't look like a dead fish to me, and if they keep getting goaltending like this they can go far.

It wasn't that long ago many of us considered the wings a dark horse in the east.

Bishop is a moron

Detroit looks like a team that can get hot for a round or two, then explode after that.

Maybe I'm wrong about them, but Tampa Bay is giving me a St Louis/San Jose/Washington playoff team vibe. Too early to put that on them yet, but they have the potential to end up in that territory if they don't win a playoff series in the next couple years.

Either Detroit is a lot better than I thought, or TB is not nearly as good as I thought.

Whatever happens in Detroit vs Montreal, there's no way the Caps beat the Rangers. That's the Rangers favorite and cheap prostitute.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Tampa kind of reminds me of Caps teams in the past that could fill the net during the regular season, but never seemed to be able to translate that into playoff success.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Why can Detroit win? Who saw us coming out of the East 3 years ago? All it takes is a hot goalie and a team coming together from front of him. I wouldn't count out any team in this conference.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We could have swept TB this season.
We really shouldn't be shocked of their meltdown.

Tampa Bay looks like they're playing the Devils in a meaningless regular season game.

That's what they've looked like these last two games. We could have easily beaten them a couple of weeks ago if the Foligno October/November PK didn't rear it's ugly head and make a return.

And their PP in this series has been a joke.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wash may be too big for Nyi.
But I still say NYi in 7.

Even with Halak doing his best blimpback impression tonight.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tampa kind of reminds me of Caps teams in the past that could fill the net during the regular season, but never seemed to be able to translate that into playoff success.

I just said this.

Glad I'm not the only one, I thought it was just me.

And then I'd be skeptical of what happens if Mrazek blows up. Then they get Gimme 5oward in there and he looks like ass like the last two seasons.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Mrazek seems to either be great or terrible, so that could really determine how far Detroit goes. Goaltending is why I still see it being Rangers/Habs in the ECF again. I just don't trust any goalies in the conference except Lundqvist and Price.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
**** the Islanders. Hopefully their faithful will be taking their bravado to the golf course in a couple of days.

I'm mad at them for collapsing. They could have given the Rangers a run instead of laying down for them like the Capitals love to do.

It seems the Islanders are just laying down to the Capitals though.

I don't know why I'm surprised though, I picked the Capitals in 6 before the series started. Islanders were just trending downward late in the season.

I'm stuck with this avatar until the SCF ends, as per stipulation I made in the bet.:laugh:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There is that lightning skill. What a shot.

Actual Mrazek got out of the way. That was dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad