Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Any reason why the NHL is now starting later than the NBA? I know that 7 to 9 years ago the NHL would have been done like 1-2 weeks earlier than the NBA yet the NBA is now starting earlier than the NHL.

Seems like the NHL hasn’t fully adjusted back from the covid delays. The season this year started about 10-12 days last than it would have before

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think the NBA's schedule is a little wonky this season trying to reduce the frequency of games on the players to address the load management thing. Pretty sure their new CBA adds an in-season tournament with some potential added games to the middle of the schedule in the future so there's probably a little flex built in. I'm not a basketball dude though, just on Twitter. :laugh:

Either way, hockey should probably start earlier, but I'd assume a lot of those good ol' hockey boys aren't trying to pop off the lakes early to go back to work and while ending in June is probably dumb I'm always excited for Da Beauty League in July.

Edit: Forgot which board this was. :laugh:

Reactions: Summer Rose

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
The fact that you can go to the Vegas board and the gdt for a final clinching game is only on its second page is great proof that it is pretty shitty that this is their second finals in 6 years in the league
Vegas has fans, their new fans when the tram started just didn't discover this board. They have pretty big discussions on reddit.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Vegas has fans, their new fans when the tram started just didn't discover this board. They have pretty big discussions on reddit.
This is a fairly small social media platform for hockey discussion when compared to the larger ones or even team specific sites

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
The fact that you can go to the Vegas board and the gdt for a final clinching game is only on its second page is great proof that it is pretty shitty that this is their second finals in 6 years in the league

To be fair to them, they started in the league when:

a) Most people discuss on places like reddit now. They have a much greater user base on places like that than here

b) by the time they came into the league, this board was already trending downwards in population. Forums are just not popular anymore. There was no base population for possible new users to attach themselves to, so they go elsewhere.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Cats in 5.

Before round one even started I favoured the Cats over the Bears. After they beat the Bruins and when everyone still had their doubts about the Cats I was calling the Panthers the 2012 LA Kings. I said the Panthers were going all the way and bringing home the prize. Nothing the Panthers have done has surprised me. They are the team of destiny.

Panthers in 5 - 6 at the most.

Last edited:

digitalUID

Jun 19, 2013
Detroit
Really the whole series comes down to bobrobsky.
May as well count Hill in that.

Panthers seem like they are a team in a mission. Wouldn’t mind either team winning, but it’s gonna tough cracking the Bobrovsky code. Should be one helluva series.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
To be fair to them, they started in the league when:

a) Most people discuss on places like reddit now. They have a much greater user base on places like that than here

b) by the time they came into the league, this board was already trending downwards in population. Forums are just not popular anymore. There was no base population for possible new users to attach themselves to, so they go elsewhere.

Well, after 6 years there are 6 Vegas fans, so that's 1 FPY average. Not too shabby, IMHO.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4380.gif

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
That long layoff is a worry for Florida. I expect Vegas to win game 1. No skin in this game, I'm in it for the hockey and stories. Either team winning is a nice story. But I think I'm pulling a little more for Florida, still the underdog. Just give us a good series, teams get plenty of 2 day breaks too. Where was this scheduling for Detroit back in the day.

Reactions: authentic

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Sorry if someone has already mentioned or asked.

Is this the first SCF where both goalies have a .935 or better save %?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad