Speculation: Stammergeddon 2024: Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
IMO he's gonna trade for his rights tomorrow and sign him to a 7.75M x 8 years.
Let's get it.
Can we do 8 years if we trade for his rights? I thought that player had to be on the team at least the season before or half of it ? Unless you do a sign and trade ?

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Can we do 8 years if we trade for his rights? I thought that player had to be on the team at least the season before or half of it ? Unless you do a sign and trade ?
You are correct Todd, trade his rights would only give us the chance to sign him before FA. To sign 8 years a players has to be with that team at least from the Trade Deadline.
So either a sign and trade today with Car, or we'd only be able to offer him 7 years

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm skeptical of everything right now. We're in the peak of misinformation season.
Same. But "Hedman extension" "Stamkos was practicing with Kucherov" and the willingness to trade players doesn't add up to "Stamkos leaves" to me. Not as much as the league has cap space for the first time in ages and we need to keep up with the arms race. When JFBB sees his moves materialize (or not) the final offer to Stamkos' camp changes

If he leaves, that locker room is gonna rebel

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
How long exactly did it take for any of us to realize "Yeah, we need to blow this team up" while getting swept? If not then, how long after? I came to that conclusion after the Leafs series 2 years ago and chances are management did too. Stamkos could say "please work on my deal" all he wants and it wouldn't have mattered. We needed to get to today and unload players who weren't working and put ourselves into a position to improve that didn't consist of gutting the farm at the deadline. I think it's gonna get done

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
this-is-fine-its-fine.gif

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I mean, I don't hate swapping Stammer for Guentzel. Stammer just doesn't drive even strength play anymore, but can be lethal off rush or with the man advantage, where Jake does it at even strength. I don't like the way it has been handled, but i'll also be very curious to see what the market is for him out there. People still think they're getting a speedy dynamic forward and its... not quite that these days.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I mean, I don't hate swapping Stammer for Guentzel. Stammer just doesn't drive even strength play anymore, but can be lethal off rush or with the man advantage, where Jake does it at even strength. I don't like the way it has been handled, but i'll also be very curious to see what the market is for him out there. People still think they're getting a speedy dynamic forward and its... not quite that these days.
I think it's more the dollar amount of the offer people are shocked at. Especially since it seems like a take it or leave it. Seems kinda clowny.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

RLP55

Jul 13, 2022
Wonder where Vinik fits into the equation. We are fortunate to not have a meddling owner. But can’t imagine he would give JBB absolute free reign in the Stamkos situation.

At the end of the day each, Lightning/Stamkos will do what’s best for them. This a business.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Interesting watching Kane and Stamkos the first overall picks in consecutive years battle it out in free agency. Anybody who thinks Stamkos going to Detroit is gonna be a slam dunk is not watching the Kane negotiations. SY is a frugal man.

I mean Kane basically came in mid season and kept up a point a game pace. In what may be some weird record he had 20 goals last year. 10 of them were game winning goals. And he can't get a deal done (yet) with SY. Red Wings ain't writing a blank check for Stamkos.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

The Lightning can ice a much better team this year with Guentzel, Stamkos, Hagel, Point, and Kucherov in the top 6. And then Geekie's a wildcard if (and that's a big if) he can make your opening night roster and live up to his potential. Does that entice Stammer?

On the other hand it has to be more than frustrating to watch Guentzel get the big contract while JBB won't even budge on his last offer. I don't know what options are out there for Stammer on the market that make the most sense for what he wants to accomplish at this part of his career, and for his family of course, but it's hard to see him coming back to Tampa at this point, especially if negotiations more than soured.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As July 1st looms, mere minutes away, I plead you all clutch your 91 jerseys, pray to your hockey gods and think back to the selection of 08, 60 goals in the Peg, the dawning of the C, 1 shift, 1 minute, 1 goal in the bubble, leading our team and house to glory, 2 fold.

12 hours till noon. Hang our banners high and hope one more will soon be achieved as 91 ascends Tampa glory as a bolt for life.

May a contract soon unfold and please all. God help us all.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Insiders are beginning to report which teams want him and are figuring out how to get him.

Buckle up folks, this is not a drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad