Speculation: Stammergeddon 2024: Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Stamkos going to re-sign with the Lightning?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm hoping for that "Stamkos ans Jbb came to an agreement in the final hours before FA. Stamkos deal gets done and both sides win" tweet soon

...please..

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm hoping for that "Stamkos ans Jbb came to an agreement in the final hours before FA. Stamkos deal gets done and both sides win" tweet soon

...please..
My father was killed November 4th 2020 by a drunk driver doing a "Prairie pass" on his ATV. Years later the settlement took a few hours and it was a proverbial staring contest just like what they're doing. I doubt it's different. Loyalty to player and franchise will be the only way this settles

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Wild theory: jbb and stamkos already have a deal in place. But because jbb has had many offers now that he has cap, he has told the Stamkos camp to wait and see what he can do to keep the team a cup contender, and then Stamkos signs with whatever is left. Thats why Stamkos is reportedly asking outrageous amounts from other teams.

Reactions: Meuracas

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The key here is that JBB doesn't use what little cap space he has left and gives Stamkos time to see what his other options are.

We have 7.5m left to spend with 1D(Moser) and 2F left to sign. Trading Sheary for a league minimum salary adds another 1m+

Still a sliver of a chance.

I don't actually know if Commodore has sources, but I still hate this.

Well f***

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The one good thing about all of this is that Hedman with a C will look very sexy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't McDonagh park himself on Stamkos' doorstep and tell him not to do it? He wanted to get back to Tampa asap.
Yeah, but we weren't threatening to cut McDonagh's pay by 2/3.

We just got marginally better while majorly disrespecting one of the classiest players in the league, and probably the most well-loved player in franchise history. I was never 100% on the "Stamkos must be a Bolt for life" train, but this is not the way to let it end.

I don't know how this isn't a disaster. Waiting for JBB to clean it up.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Yeah, but we weren't threatening to cut McDonagh's pay by 2/3.

We just got marginally better while majorly disrespecting one of the classiest players in the league, and probably the most well-loved player in franchise history. I was never 100% on the "Stamkos must be a Bolt for life" train, but this is not the way to let it end.

I don't know how this isn't a disaster. Waiting for JBB to clean it up.
It's not really a disaster when it's clear he wanted much more than was initially reported. No chance he would've stayed for 4 when he just signed for 8. Nashville didn't just pull a number out of a hat, they gave him what he asked for, and maybe even less. He could've asked for 8.5-9 or even more, we'll never know. But this should put to bed the nonsense that he was willing to stay for 4-5, that was obviously false info released by his agent to make us look bad.

If I had to guess, I'd say JBB offered 3 thinking Stammer would counter with 4-5 and then he'd be re-signed. Stammer probably countered with at least 7 and JBB said okay, adios. That scenario is much more likely than what was thought to be true a couple of days ago.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We couldn't give him that deal and rightfully so. Not sure Nashville cap situation but those last 2 years might be rough, he should be worth it the first 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad