GDT: St Louis @ Toronto - 7pm - TSN

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Truthfully I'd like a bit of a goalie controversy, it could mean that both Joe and Anthony are playing really well, and that means great things for the Buds

Blues pk is currently 27th league wide at just over 70%. It could be the tonic the Leaf PP needs to get off the schnide, that is of course if the Blues get called for anything. I heard anecdotally that the Leafs are currently last in PP differential.

Leafs are on their way to surpassing last year's leader those maybe not so mighty Ducks of Anaheim, who had a whopping 94 minors difference, which is 188 minutes or 3 games shorthanded if my math is correct. 3 games shorthanded, jeebuzz!

Reactions: 1specter

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Truthfully I'd like a bit of a goalie controversy, it could mean that both Joe and Anthony are playing really well, and that means great things for the Buds

Blues pk is currently 27th league wide at just over 70%. It could be the tonic the Leaf PP needs to get off the schnide, that is of course if the Blues get called for anything. I heard anecdotally that the Leafs are currently last in PP differential.

Leafs are on their way to surpassing last year's leader those maybe not so mighty Ducks of Anaheim, who had a whopping 94 minors difference, which is 188 minutes or 3 games shorthanded if my math is correct. 3 games shorthanded, jeebuzz!
So either our PP can gain some life tonight, or the Blues move into the top 10 in the NHL in PK #'s.

• Haha
Reactions: 1specter

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Matthews and Marner are going to go off on one tonight, they are overdue.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The only people scoring are the top two lines and Tavares.

I do agree they can score more and likely will, but the depth scoring has been atrocious.

Pacioretty - 32 point pace
Lorentz - 24 point pace
Kampf - 14 point pace
Holmberg - 11 point pace
Robertson - 11 point pace
Reaves - 0 point pace

It's early, so this is not too concerning yet, but the depth has not been helping offensively at all.
And JT only scored while on the second line or PP.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
And JT only scored while on the second line or PP.

He's producing under what he should be... but yes, this further illustrates that the top players have been carrying the offence even though they have been underperforming.

And again... super small sample size, and they've done a lot of good, but the stars have at least showed up a little bit offensively and no one else has.

IronHookem

Nov 8, 2023
We generally do really well against Western Conference teams (43-14-7 record the last 2 seasons), and considering how poor of a performance we had last game, I just feel like we are going to be the better team tonight.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He's producing under what he should be... but yes, this further illustrates that the top players have been carrying the offence even though they have been underperforming.

And again... super small sample size, and they've done a lot of good, but the stars have at least showed up a little bit offensively and no one else has.
But isn't that about what you should expect? Top lines provide the bulk of the offence, with the bottom lines chipping in a bit and trying not to get outscored.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
But isn't that about what you should expect? Top lines provide the bulk of the offence, with the bottom lines chipping in a bit and trying not to get outscored.

The bottom lines have provided almost nothing and have been scored.

Like I said, overall, they haven't been playing bad, they've played well, but also, the original complaint is the top half is not doing enough, but in reality, I think the bottom half has been worse (this is relative to what they should be doing).

It's too early to complain too much, I just don't understand the dislike for the top players as they've been doing alright and have looked better than their point totals.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

The funny thing is usually if you assert a physical style and take more penalties, you get more PPs in return - this has been proven through the numbers and the way the refs manage the game. Seems like it hasn't applied to the Leafs so far though, and it's bizarre because in every game besides the Columbus one they've generally controlled the play more than their opponent.

NHL gonna NHL I guess.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Too much complaining about Woll IMO. The season just started, no point in worrying too much about who starts on any given night and if Woll's ready to go, then it's time for him to play. I'm not writing him off, his pro career just started and hopefully he'll be an all-star one of these days.

Maybe I'm the only one but I'm excited that Woll is playing tonight. The guy gave us the best playoff goaltending we've had since Belfour and is the most promising goalie prospect we've drafted/developed since Felix Potvin. Here's hoping Woll stays healthy, and continues on the trajectory he was on before getting derailed by injuries. Stolarz has been amazing, wouldn't it be something if we had two grade A goalies for the playoffs!

GLG!!
You're not the only one! A lot of people are too focused on the injuries and seem to have forgotten how dominant he was in the playoffs for us. Obviously the injuries are a longterm concern, but a lot of people don't even want to see him play today despite him bring healthy...

If he can stay healthy, I personally think he'll show to be the better option out of two. However, I could be wrong or maybe he can't stay healthy and in that case I think Stolarz being in net wouldn't be a reason you can't win a cup.

Long season and we'll see what comes of it, but we have 2 potentially starting quality goalies this year and im excited to see both play and challenge for the 1A spot.

Side note, is there any comments on the lineup besides Woll? I'm hoping Liljegren can get in after that dumpster fire last game.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Looking for a bounce back game tonight, stayed off HFLeafs after that stinker in Columbus. Felt like the team had nothing to give after that Tampa game.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
It's a rare and unique situation for me tonight where another televised sporting event trumps a Leafs game. I'll be watching the first half of the Leafs game before switching over to watch my 5 and 1 Minnesota Vikings taking on the LA Rams on Thursday night football. It will also be only the second time ever watching on Amazon Prime Video, both occurring this week. I'll watch the rest of the Leafs game after football and look forward to reading a positive post game thread after that. Go Leafs! And Vikings!!
I'll be wearing my Matthews jersey over my Justin Jefferson jersey until the Vikings game time. Then, it's coming off. I'm watching the Vikings game and recording the rest of the Leaf game.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge

Attachments

• Jefferson griddy.jpg
    Jefferson griddy.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Probably record this one and watch it after the Rags/Cats game but hoping for a win and a strong performance from Woll. Be nice if Knies and Robertson(sure would be nice to get him rolling) can hit the scoresheet again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad