SSM Greyhounds 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
I think we will see the roster tomorrow

I’d imagine the late release is due to the Hounds trying to snag a few extra free agents to fill voids.

Reactions: OHLfan200

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Do they start today or tomorrow? I saw the OHL release info on 18 of the 20 teams training camps - Greyhounds were one of the two teams without any info...

Reactions: JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Do they start today or tomorrow? I saw the OHL release info on 18 of the 20 teams training camps - Greyhounds were one of the two teams without any info...
I posted the schedule above but I left some information out as it had some information I didn’t want to post. They start on the 28th. Everything in one that except scrimmages. The 29th is the scrimmages. 30th is red and white.

Check your messages @HockeyPops

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Anybody know anything about Allard? I'd imagine the return would be a few picks. Similar to what we gave up last year for Beck. Doesn't help our FWD depth deficit but at least we can gain some capital. I'm all in on keeping both Fantino and Dezeote with our lack of forwards for sure.

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
Anybody know anything about Allard? I'd imagine the return would be a few picks. Similar to what we gave up last year for Beck. Doesn't help our FWD depth deficit but at least we can gain some capital. I'm all in on keeping both Fantino and Dezeote with our lack of forwards for sure.

We’re going to find out soon here..

I would imagine Soo doesn’t want to make the move now ( if true ) because we can get more at deadline. Not sure many teams have room for him now? I think not reporting to camp and waiting for a trade only hurts Allard.

I'm all in on keeping both Fantino and Dezeote with our lack of forwards for sure.
and Carlisle. That’s the 3 overagers.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
TBH, I was having trouble piecing together a roster with Martin, Brown, and Allard all playing Center. Maybe he was asked to take on a different role that he doesn't want?

Reactions: staubitz

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
TBH, I was having trouble piecing together a roster with Martin, Brown, and Allard all playing Center. Maybe he was asked to take on a different role that he doesn't want?
Would be better for Martin getting those 1st line minutes now, same with brown on line 2. Allard won’t be in the soo after Christmas.

Doesn’t make sense for him to stay. They may as well trade him to a contending team in his last year in the O’ and start the youth movement.

Gibson maybe stays until after Christmas because I’m sure someone would offer a first round player for him and then you start the rebuild around your younger guys. Just all depends on the direction the soo wants to go.

Would make sense building around the 07 class

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
IMG_1995.jpeg

DiggityDawg

Dec 6, 2023
I feel the trend now with potential draft picks to say they’re going NCAA, so that a team will move fast and sign them. This will eventually come back and bite them. There’s no guarantee with an NCAA commitment either verbal or in writing by the school or player. There’s lots of factors involved with a big one being grades. A lot of decommits on teams part is grades. A certain level of GPA has to be maintained to play.

JoeSchmo

Jul 17, 2024
I feel the trend now with potential draft picks to say they’re going NCAA, so that a team will move fast and sign them. This will eventually come back and bite them. There’s no guarantee with an NCAA commitment either verbal or in writing by the school or player. There’s lots of factors involved with a big one being grades. A lot of decommits on teams part is grades. A certain level of GPA has to be maintained to play.

I’ve also heard Cali is above average in the IQ department. Someone called him a genius of a kid once.

I see no positive future in the Soo right now, even if we sell. 1 player in the first 5 rounds of the draft reporting is insane…. How do we move Charlie now?

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Rooting for local athlete James Elliott to have a good camp. He's a longshot with his size but was part of that exceptional u15AAA team with chitaroni, blonda, and rossetto that was so exciting to watch.

I see no positive future in the Soo right now, even if we sell. 1 player in the first 5 rounds of the draft reporting is insane…. How do we move Charlie now?

Holy moly man! You've become even more scorched Earth than me!

I get it though, it would be nice to see some concrete steps taken to right the ship. Soo fans deserve better.

Reactions: Bearness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad