SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Didn't they have a solid team last season? What's happened over the summer if this is true..?
It's the OHL. They graduated Edmonds, Wisdom, Chromiak, Frasca, Peric, Merilainen and very possibly Wright and Roger.

That's their top 5 scorers, 2 of their top 4 D and their starting goalie.

Can see Del Monte not wanting to go there because he's an older player now and his Barrie team would be good and the KGN team he was going to be traded to will not be good. Don't get it for the other kid. He just needs somewhere he can play

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
You've never been wrong before. I know better than to argue with a person like that.

I'm not painting Ballard to be any kind of player. I hadn't even seen him play before this week. I just know that he wasn't willing to sign with Kingston and that they received offers from multiple teams when they made him available. I also know that the Greyhounds have negotiated with him this week. None of this is shocking or a secret, which is why it was openly shared with several people.
just look at my past posts, from the sale of the niagara being done a month before posting to the ranger/cranley trades to the drafts. i only post when i know it’s 100 percent correct, otherwise i don’t post. there’s a reason all those other Soo posters came to say the same

ballard is with an ottawa based agency that when they found out he was being pushed back a year at umass they started calling ohl teams. if your telling me multiple teams are after ballard and the bidding war will net kingston an 8th in 2026, thats an interesting bidding war.

believe me or not, dont care

Reactions: shot caller

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Screenshot_20220903-221418_Keep Notes.jpg

Here is a roght draft of how it might go based on tonight's game. Just wrote it quickly

Forgot miller seen his to t birds

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Well I guess Ballard is a Hound now
He looked pretty good tonight. I liked the hard work in the defensive end and good skating ability. D'Intino also looked really solid. It wouldn't surprise me to see him put up 20+ goals with better health and an increased role.

Reactions: SSMHoundsFan

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think Hookey may be done
I feel like that would be an interesting turn of events. To go from trying to scrape together enough forward prospects to fill out a roster after all the graduations, to potentially cutting not one but two forwards from last year's roster, shows the brass really likes what these kids are bringing this preseason.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
How has the younger BMB looked?
Imo he looks really good. Plays older than 16. Unfortunately the one thing we have is defense depth lol. Any other year I'd keep him to develop here but may not be a spot this year. Rather have him play big minutes in the noj like Gibson did last year. Imo anyway

Reactions: nelli27

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Are they similar players? Hookey is 6'4" and 207lbs and Clattenburg is 6'1" and 190lbs?
I don't think so, plus one is a LW and one a RW. I think that might have been two unrelated thoughts strung together

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
No surprise big bmb wearing the C against Sudbury. Cloutier and Thompson wearing As was interesting.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
You bet. But if Hookey's spot is in jeopardy it's more because of the 5 younger RW on our roster than it is because of Clattenburg.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Anybody know what the lines were on Saturday?

Big bmb
D'Intino
Mignosa
Cloutier
Ballard
Montroy
Moses
Hookey
Brown
Kostov
Good
Clattenburg

Baby bmb
Gibson
Thompson
Virgilio
Van De Ven
Toms

Schenkel
Miller

Scratches
Allard
Watson
Savard
McMullen
Ivanov
Brzustowski
Carlisle
Kudryavtsev

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Clattenburg BMB Mignosa
Montroy brown Cloutie
Dintino Ballard Kostov
Good Moses hookey

Toms Gibson
bMB Thompson
Van de Ven virgillo

Charlie
Miller

I think with everyone it will look something like this

Dintino bMB minosa
Savard Allard Watson
McMullen Ballard Kostov
Montroy brown Cloutier

Bruz kirll
Carlsie Thompson
Toms. Virgillo

Spare : Clattenburg, good , Moses ,Gibson , vandeven
Hookey?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I think your lines are pretty close. Cloutier will have a tough time cracking top 6, but if he doesn't I think I like him on the third line. He is getting to be pretty good at playing that checking role, in your face kind of a thing.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Clattenburg BMB Mignosa
Montroy brown Cloutie
Dintino Ballard Kostov
Good Moses hookey

Toms Gibson
bMB Thompson
Van de Ven virgillo

Charlie
Miller

I think with everyone it will look something like this

Dintino bMB minosa
Savard Allard Watson
McMullen Ballard Kostov
Montroy brown Cloutier

Bruz kirll
Carlsie Thompson
Toms. Virgillo

Spare : Clattenburg, good , Moses ,Gibson , vandeven
Hookey?
To have an OA like McMullen playing on 3rd line on a mid pack/rebuilding team doesnt make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad