SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
I can tell you right now that I was contacted about OHL4LIFE being someone you want to listen to and trust after my little back and forth about UMass.

With that being said... if he plays tonight his ncaa commitment is donezo.
Considering he's supposed to play there this year I would he's done in the NCAA

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
We should find out soon whether the Greyhounds sign Ballard and you'll have your answer.

You can get away with spreading rumours to fans of bigger leagues, but keep in mind that OHL fans can often fact check your stories with someone in the know or even the people directly involved. This is a pretty tight knit community.
feel free to fact check. take a look at all my
past postings and what happened after. what was I wrong about?

ballard can play in the ohl and he can skate, he can fill out the bottom of a roster. doesnt make him a bad player, just not the player you paint him to be. if the soo was as good as some of their past teams, they would have also passed on trading for him like other teams did. he can play in the ohl but hes a depth guy.

I can tell you right now that I was contacted about OHL4LIFE being someone you want to listen to and trust after my little back and forth about UMass. Something about never being wrong, and accurately giving the top 10 players drafted in the ohl draft shortly after the lottery.

thank you

i think the soo gave up an 8th in 2026 if he plays a game, but dont quote me on that, havent confirmed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeletedAccountt

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hmmm, nobody tell @Devin, but we just signed kept an 8th rounder, 10th rounder, 13th rounder, a kid drafted in the U18 draft, and a Free Agent on the exhibition roster.

EDIT: Kristina corrected me, they are not yet signed.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I can tell you right now that I was contacted about OHL4LIFE being someone you want to listen to and trust after my little back and forth about UMass. Something about never being wrong, and accurately giving the top 10 players drafted in the ohl draft shortly after the lottery.

It’s been pretty obvious he’s knowledgeable, intelligent and as far as I can tell still has solid contacts. I’ve seen posters like that just get frustrated arguing with other posters who lack those attributes and just quit posting which sucks for all of us in the OHL community who never get much real inside info or reporting. It doesn’t take a genius to realize many teams have one or two posters that know their stuff and you don’t want to argue with. I mean I might question or disagree with guys like dirty12, GeneralUpdates, HockeyPops, DWIDale etc occasionally but I respect their opinion and consider it and it becomes a discussion not some overblown argument where we carry around animosity like children. I can assure you OHL4Life will be right much more than he will be wrong.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
It’s been pretty obvious he’s knowledgeable, intelligent and as far as I can tell still has solid contacts. I’ve seen posters like that just get frustrated arguing with other posters who lack those attributes and just quit posting which sucks for all of us in the OHL community who never get much real inside info or reporting. It doesn’t take a genius to realize many teams have one or two posters that know their stuff and you don’t want to argue with. I mean I might question or disagree with guys like dirty12, GeneralUpdates, HockeyPops, DWIDale etc occasionally but I respect their opinion and consider it and it becomes a discussion not some overblown argument where we carry around animosity like children. I can assure you OHL4Life will be right much more than he will be wrong.

I said it before...We aren't fighting... it's passionate banter between passionate fans who all want the same in the end haha.

Ah yes, good point. I am used to the Greyhounds making all their signings after red and white. Let me fix it.

I have a feeling some of the kids on this roster are only there because of the injuries..

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
There was no secret that going into this year we were in a bit of a bind with the forward group. We had many graduations, which in and of itself does not automatically cause an issue. But when you looked down our list of forward prospects that we had drafted, there were not many good options waiting in the wings. On top of those graduations, we also have a 19 year old who was a healthy scratch in the playoffs last year (Anselmini). And you have an OA who couldn't crack the top 6 last year (McMullen).

I said it before, but the trade for Ballard was a nice piece of work. Not because he was a lock for the roster and teams were falling over themselves trying to trade for him (I don't believe they were). But because we needed more forward prospects going into camp, and he gave us a real viable option. In addition, training camp had 56 players which might be some kind of Greyhound record. They managed to bring in a lot of FAs including 6 forwards. In comparison we had 0 defense FAs. All of this managed to pull together enough scraps to have a competitive training camp in the forwards.

I have a feeling some of the kids on this roster are only there because of the injuries..
It's possible, and yet we have had years where we sent a whack of kids to NHL camps and ended up playing exhibition games a few short of a full bench. I think the reason for keeping so many is that management hasn't yet decided which way to go. They have a goaltending decision. They have a 16 year old decision. They have a defense decision. And most importantly, the have to decide which forwards they want to go with. I certainly don't expect them to start the regular season with all of Ballard, Clattenburg, Good, Moses on the roster. But, it is possible they are looking at Anselmini's roster spot, McMullen's roster spot, Kostov's roster spot, and deciding who stays and who goes.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
I said it before...We aren't fighting... it's passionate banter between passionate fans who all want the same in the end haha.

3 extra forwards for 1 injury that's a little much....

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Hmmm, nobody tell @Devin, but we just signed kept an 8th rounder, 10th rounder, 13th rounder, a kid drafted in the U18 draft, and a Free Agent on the exhibition roster.

EDIT: Kristina corrected me, they are not yet signed.
Can someone make me a Venn diagram outlining the differences and similarities between the Sault Ste. Marie greyhounds and a game of European roulette?

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
There was no secret that going into this year we were in a bit of a bind with the forward group. We had many graduations, which in and of itself does not automatically cause an issue. But when you looked down our list of forward prospects that we had drafted, there were not many good options waiting in the wings. On top of those graduations, we also have a 19 year old who was a healthy scratch in the playoffs last year (Anselmini). And you have an OA who couldn't crack the top 6 last year (McMullen).

I said it before, but the trade for Ballard was a nice piece of work. Not because he was a lock for the roster and teams were falling over themselves trying to trade for him (I don't believe they were). But because we needed more forward prospects going into camp, and he gave us a real viable option. In addition, training camp had 56 players which might be some kind of Greyhound record. They managed to bring in a lot of FAs including 6 forwards. In comparison we had 0 defense FAs. All of this managed to pull together enough scraps to have a competitive training camp in the forwards.

It's possible, and yet we have had years where we sent a whack of kids to NHL camps and ended up playing exhibition games a few short of a full bench. I think the reason for keeping so many is that management hasn't yet decided which way to go. They have a goaltending decision. They have a 16 year old decision. They have a defense decision. And most importantly, the have to decide which forwards they want to go with. I certainly don't expect them to start the regular season with all of Ballard, Clattenburg, Good, Moses on the roster. But, it is possible they are looking at Anselmini's roster spot, McMullen's roster spot, Kostov's roster spot, and deciding who stays and who goes.

I don't see Clattenburg, Moses or Good remaining personally.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Holy. Preseason roster shows us having 9 right wingers. Yes I know Ballard and Brown will play C. That's wild though.
Screenshot_20220903-115533_Chrome.jpg

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Weird that they would have Brown in particular as a RW. He's a left shot centre on a team lacking left shots. He will spend exactly 0 minutes playing RW this season.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Can someone make me a Venn diagram outlining the differences and similarities between the Sault Ste. Marie greyhounds and a game of European roulette?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-141708_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-141708_Samsung Notes.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Savard18

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
feel free to fact check. take a look at all my
past postings and what happened after. what was I wrong about?

ballard can play in the ohl and he can skate, he can fill out the bottom of a roster. doesnt make him a bad player, just not the player you paint him to be. if the soo was as good as some of their past teams, they would have also passed on trading for him like other teams did. he can play in the ohl but hes a depth guy.

thank you

i think the soo gave up an 8th in 2026 if he plays a game, but dont quote me on that, havent confirmed.
You've never been wrong before. I know better than to argue with a person like that.

I'm not painting Ballard to be any kind of player. I hadn't even seen him play before this week. I just know that he wasn't willing to sign with Kingston and that they received offers from multiple teams when they made him available. I also know that the Greyhounds have negotiated with him this week. None of this is shocking or a secret, which is why it was openly shared with several people.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Ballard wont sign with Kingston.

DelMonte vetos trade to Kingston.

Is there something we should know about Kingston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad