SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The last thing we needed to start this game was to get absolutely f***ed by the refs. That's absolutely horrendous.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
The last thing we needed to start this game was to get absolutely f***ed by the refs. That's absolutely horrendous.
It's allllllwayyssss the ref.

What is the Soo Greyhound's identity?
What is our game style? We aren't known for anything except for lacklustre breakouts and turnovers LOL

I blame the coach for the lack of preparation... but the ref option is usually the easiest so you can run with that.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i don't blame the refs or the coach. and i'm glad we're getting smoked!

you can't polish a turd.

TANK TANK TANK!

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I know we’re young, but I think changes have to be made. The growth is sporadic, so is the willingness to compete.

The body language in some of the losses is horrendous, so are the mistakes.

I find it tough to think about hosting the Mem Cup at this time.

Flat and lifeless against an opponent Hounds are supposedly ‘trying’ to catch; down 4-0 and toast after 20.

Rangers are a much better club, they made the change they had to make to get going, but the Hounds are as clutzy now as they were in the fall.

Not sure if a coaching change is The Cure, but I think it’s a definite part of it.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
John Dean is the worst coach we've had in about 10 years.

Absolutely horrible and he cannot coach young players. He can't develop.

When we win we win on the talent of our players NOT Because of preparation from Dean. He cannot coach. I'm probably done for the year attending games.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
That marks the 4th double digit loss for the Soo Greyhounds this season.

His 6th double digit loss since taking over.

Before John took over our last double digit loss was in 2011 under Stapleton.

7 double digit l's since 2011.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
That marks the 4th double digit loss for the Soo Greyhounds this season.

His 6th double digit loss since taking over.

Before John took over our last double digit loss was in 2011 under Stapleton.

7 double digit l's since 2011.
And I know you know young teams are vulnerable to those games where the floodgates unfortunately open, but man…a half-dozen does not speak well of coaching for sure.

There are roster issues, but I’ve seen plenty of young teams over the years - previous Hounds’ teams included, suffer through those laughers from Sept. to Christmas, then look so much tighter and unified - together - in Feb/March.

Not seeing that must-have growth for our club.

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
What changes are in store for next year for the Hounds?

I think Dean has lost the players and he is to blame in part for lack of team preparation. Why he uses Clouthier and Carlisle so much. Carlisle was totally responsible for the first few Kitchener goals.

How can Raftis look back an say that Clouthier and C. Brown were legit first round picks? Give me a break.
The scouting staff needs to be revamped and revamped as soon as possible.

With these last few key games at home we come out with NO URGENCY and it seems that the players have no interest in winning to secure a playoff spot.

Changes need to be coming Mr. Lukenda because we have turned into an embarrassment.

Say tuned....

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
What changes are in store for next year for the Hounds?

I think Dean has lost the players and he is to blame in part for lack of team preparation. Why he uses Clouthier and Carlisle so much. Carlisle was totally responsible for the first few Kitchener goals.

How can Raftis look back an say that Clouthier and C. Brown were legit first round picks? Give me a break.
The scouting staff needs to be revamped and revamped as soon as possible.

With these last few key games at home we come out with NO URGENCY and it seems that the players have no interest in winning to secure a playoff spot.

Changes need to be coming Mr. Lukenda because we have turned into an embarrassment.

Say tuned....
Good points. Last year there was a plateau of sorts and then regression. Ty and Rory produced but in the second half if they didn’t, Hounds were sunk.

They both logged a ton of minutes and it appeared others looked to them to save the day.

All drafts are important, but they better hit on the high picks bc it’s absolutely crucial.

And they best not reach for American Maybes and Probably Nots. Roster does not possess the chips to be gambling.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Currently 8 games under .500 while Rangers holding 8th spot at exactly .500.
This doesn't look too good at this point in the season. Even if we continue pace and win 21 games this year, that leaves us out of the playoffs. But with quite possibly the 2nd overall pick in the draft. Keep in mind tho, that our returning players would not gain any playoff experience in this scenario.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
our team in 2016-2017 had 3x 18 year olds with 30 goals. we won 48 games that season.
that's what a young team primed to make a run looks like.

this team is dogs**t! blaming dean for that is disingenuous. there's an expression we use in the IT world that comes to mind... "GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT".

1676775516744.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hounds72

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Coach Dean needs to accept some responsibility for the play of his players and the systems that need to be implemented but the players need to play with urgency and play as outlined by the coach in practice.

However, Coach Dean only has what is provided him in terms of players. Kyle Raftis must accept the calibre of players on the ice and this last 2 drafts have NOT been up to par. How can u draft Clouthier and Brown in the first round? In his second year, Clouthier will probably have 15 goals and Brown at the end of year 1 maybe 7 goals. This is NOT acceptable and how can u build for the future when you draft like Raftis has in the last 2 years???

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012

How about considering back Ted Nolan as coach and director of hockey operations?

Any other candidates out there worthy of consideration?

Reactions: hounds72

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I had no idea this fanbase could be so toxic. I'm almost ashamed to be associated with people like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad