SSM Greyhounds 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Soo Greyhounds Home Opener: Friday, Sept. 29 vs. Flint at 7:07pm

Reactions: HockeyPops
Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Soo Greyhounds Home Opener: Friday, Sept. 29 vs. Flint at 7:07pm

ssm.jpg

Reactions: DeletedAccountt

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Soo Greyhound import prospect Noel Nordh goes to Arizona in the 3rd round, 72nd overall. Will be something to keep an eye on. If Arizona wants him in North America, he will be a Soo Greyhound.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He’s a good defender, doesn’t really have a standout skill, he is just solid all around, with some work to be done on the defensive side of the puck. He should be able to be very good at this level, and should be ready to step into top-2 minutes for the Soo if he’s asked.
Welcome to the Soo! I've been told he's a very strong defender, but I don't know anything about him to give input. Maybe @GermanSpitfire or @HockeyPops does.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
He’s a good defender, doesn’t really have a standout skill, he is just solid all around, with some work to be done on the defensive side of the puck. He should be able to be very good at this level, and should be ready to step into top-2 minutes for the Soo if he’s asked.

Thanks!! 🙏

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Wow, an '04 defenseman. When you draft a 19 year old at 7th overall, you are typically not planning on waiting a year for them to come over or taking a flyer not knowing. I have to believe that this has already been prearranged and he is set to arrive for the start of the season.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
Wow, an '04 defenseman. When you draft a 19 year old at 7th overall, you are typically not planning on waiting a year for them to come over or taking a flyer not knowing. I have to believe that this has already been prearranged and he is set to arrive for the start of the season.

I will second this. I expect to see him.

Virgilio
Gibson
Carlisle
Karki *
Kirill

BMB
Evan
Solomon
Toms

Have to think Toms time is ending...

Reactions: DWI Dale

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

Virgilio
Gibson
Carlisle
Karki *
Kirill

BMB
Evan
Solomon
Toms

I would be surprised to see Solomon make the roster this season, but you did forget Van De Ven. There is definitely a log jam there.

DeletedAccountt

Oct 14, 2017
I would be surprised to see Solomon make the roster this season, but you did forget Van De Ven. There is definitely a log jam there.
I did!

I would think Solomon plays with Thunderbirds, much like BMB did?

It doesn't hurt to have this log jam though, especially when it comes to adding a piece upfront if need be.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

Virgilio
Gibson
Carlisle
Karki *
Kirill

BMB
Evan
Solomon
Toms

I haven't really looked into it, but is there a better defensive group in the Conference? That's an absolutely superb top 5 with good depth. You can’t really justify putting any of those guys into the bottom pairing, so maybe we can parlay someone into some forward depth.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Kärki is one of the more intriguing picks of the draft but if there's one thing I wouldn't call him, it's a strong defender. A very good defenseman in the sense of that's the position he plays. But he absolutely can't defend. His gap control is atrocious, he has zero defensive awareness and worst of all he doesn't even try. But the thing is, he's a big, fast skater with good puck skills and a bomb of a shot. As long as you can make sure he doesn't have to defend, you're going to have a loooot of fun with him.

Reactions: DWI Dale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad