Social Media Septic Tank Thread

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Credentialed Flyers media member, by the way.

1684767118941.png

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I was reading Charlie’s latest mailbag, and this made me chuckle:

“But he’s not so anti-analytics that he’s going to advocate for freezing them out of the decision-making process. In a post-news conference scrum, Jones said the following regarding analytics, turning directly to me and giving a smirk as he said it…..”

Straight out of the Vigneault playbook. Nothing gets Charles going like a notice me senpai. :laugh:

tumblr_inline_mrb27iw46c1qz4rgp.gif

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

I don’t know if any single person on Flyers Twitter is more obvious about saying anything strictly for engagement. Completely unserious about anything.

I need to know what his numbers are like, if he makes some money off his site or what. He's extremely active at pumping out rage bait and very consistent with it. I hope at least there's some cash incentive there.

I'm getting semi-serious about starting a brutally critical, polemic Flyers blog but uncertain if I'll have the energy to stay committed to creating new articles and playing the damn Twitter game. Will likely be called Broad Street Brain Rot but open to suggestions and ideas. Guess the differentiator would be the sheer cynicism and quality of the writing, but not sure there's even a readership for that outside of like here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I need to know what his numbers are like, if he makes some money off his site or what. He's extremely active at pumping out rage bait and very consistent with it. I hope at least there's some cash incentive there.

I'm getting semi-serious about starting a brutally critical, writing-focused blog but uncertain if I'll have the energy to stay committed to creating new articles and playing the damn Twitter game. Will likely be called Broad Street Brain Rot but open to suggestions and ideas.
If we were smart here, we would come together and do it.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

I'm getting semi-serious about starting a brutally critical, writing-focused blog but uncertain if I'll have the energy to stay committed to creating new articles and playing the damn Twitter game. Will likely be called Broad Street Brain Rot but open to suggestions and ideas.
Tap @Captain Dave Poulin. His rage and ability to write content know no bounds.

We could get media credentials then, too.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I'm getting semi-serious about starting a brutally critical, polemic Flyers blog but uncertain if I'll have the energy to stay committed to creating new articles and playing the damn Twitter game. Will likely be called Broad Street Brain Rot but open to suggestions and ideas. Guess the differentiator would be the sheer cynicism and quality of the writing, but not sure there's even a readership for that outside of like here.

Keep me looped in.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

We are smart. I know we've bandied it around before but I mean, a lot of us are pushing like 10,000 words a day on this site. There's already a built-in dedication to, uh, complaining about the Flyers.

Tap @Captain Dave Poulin. His rage and ability to write content know no bounds.

We could get media credentials then, too.

Credentials might be hard to come by if we're excessively confrontational, though. They're easy to get for these rah-rah airhead bloggers, but if your whole purpose is to vent frustration at the shittyness of the franchise, the media folks on their side will take one look and go "nah."

Keep me looped in.

Consider yourself looped.

I guess if we wanted to do this the tasks would be:

- Identifying interested contributors, starting a group chat, and divvying responsibilities
- Figuring out a name, identity, and general branding/header images and wordmark
- Probably starting a Wordpress because it's easy as f***, maybe paying for the URL if desired
- Creating a general monthly content calendar based on peoples' ideas and time
- Starting social accounts
- Maintaining social accounts and using them to grow the reach

Which is why it's kind of a bitch to consider doing on my own. But if we had a posse I'd be down to take the lead on a few of those things, since all this is what I do at my day job anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad