Social Media Septic Tank Thread

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
My point was really aimed at the idea of bringing back players "that had fought for us," as Friedman had mentioned and using Jones as an example of where I think that's fine. His color commentary doesn't have any effect on who plays for the team, who coaches them, or how they're developed. Give me that 60 times over a single Holmgren, Clarke, Lappy, Samuelsson... etc.
Did EF make is sound like the Snider way of bringing back players to work in key roles was good or bad?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Did EF make is sound like the Snider way of bringing back players to work in key roles was good or bad?
Unfortunately I can't remember teh exact context, but I don't think he offered an opinion one way or the other.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Jackson and Jones are the worst.

Absolute dogshit at their jobs and hopelessly ignorant and biased. f*** them both.
I also hate them, but I also recognize there are way worse color guys out there. Watch a Detroit game, their CC sounds so old that I am waiting to hear him keel over and die in the booth at any second.

I really dislike Jonesy. He’s never offered anything that I haven’t been able to see for myself.

I like Boucher a lot. He always has a decent in sight or breaks down the play down a bit deeper.
Boosh was soooo much better,

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I also hate them, but I also recognize there are way worse color guys out there. Watch a Detroit game, their CC sounds so old that I am waiting to hear him keel over and die in the booth at any second.

Boosh was soooo much better,
their voices arent nails on a chalkboard for me, which is important for calling games. I think Jonesy is funny, so I will give him that. I dont care about either of their hockey opinions or analysis though

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I can’t even stand their voices, separate from their shameless shilling and immense ignorance.

I exclusively watch opponents broadcasts now, just to get away from their unbearable noise.

That was the lone silver lining of living out-of-market and paying for Center Ice for the last decade--I could often escape the local broadcast on nights when they carried both home and away. Now that I'm baaaaaaaaaack it's like, yeah, great, I don't have to pay extra to watch this shit team, but I'm stuck listening to Jackson's descent into brainlessness.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That was the lone silver lining of living out-of-market and paying for Center Ice for the last decade--I could often escape the local broadcast on nights when they carried both home and away. Now that I'm baaaaaaaaaack it's like, yeah, great, I don't have to pay extra to watch this shit team, but I'm stuck listening to Jackson's descent into brainlessness.

I'm gonna melt your brain here:
Stop watching this team altogether and you aren't stuck watching shit, or listening to it.

Thank me later.

Chinatown88

1 year 3 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Stop watching this team altogether and you aren't stuck watching shit, or listening to it.

Thank me later.
giphy.gif

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Thank me later.

It's just what I do. Like an old housewife addicted to her soaps: The plotlines are ridiculous yet somehow predictable (the stupidest possible thing, usually), my favorite characters die, my least favorite characters come back from the dead. It's entirely contrived and shitty and I'll still be there tomorrow.

It's the lone continuity I have had since childhood, the glow of a hockey rink on a TV and the orange and black team skating on it. Now with my own house and kid it feels imperative, just part of home on chilly nights. I gotta watch my stories.

And besides, intense emotions work both ways. I still root as passionately as I used to. Now I just root against the orange and black team.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
their voices arent nails on a chalkboard for me, which is important for calling games. I think Jonesy is funny, so I will give him that. I dont care about either of their hockey opinions or analysis though
That about sums it up for me. Neither has a grating voice or style for calling the games. Jones does have funny quips from time to time. Neither is painfully over animated.

I think their hockey opinions are crap. But I think that about almost every announcer, especially the CC guys. It's noticeably rare to get one that has anything interesting or beyond surface level to say. Instead you get people like Rylie Cote and his ilk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad