Social Media Septic Tank Thread

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

He plays all these minutes/situations. He doesn’t do particularly well in any of them but he plays them which is tough to replace. :laugh:

There isn’t a hockey opinion of his that I’ve agreed with in the like 4 and a half years I’ve been made aware of his existence on twitter. I even agree with that BeeTee moron on rare occasions. Di Marco is a hockey buffoon

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

20221224_134511.jpg

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008

Not just him as I’ve seen others of that ilk too try to convince themselves into a quick turnaround next year.

We're going to suck again but we should start to look more like a rebuilding team. Atkinson on an expiring deal so Foerster should be in the lineup attard or zamula in full time with Braun gone and mdz expiring.
He also doesn't have Gauthier at center. I get you wouldn't want to put too much pressure on him but if we play this year's pick you might as well plug him in

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

It’s not inconceivable that they are a better club next year. But that means that you’re going to have significant contributions from Couts, who I have significant worry around, and a top 5ish pick from the upcoming draft. Plus you are still hoping young, unproven players are going to step up and be consistent NHL players. Guys like Brink, Gauthier, Lycksell, Allison, Laczynski..

This doesn’t even touch the defensive pairs. They need a top pairing defender to add to the group as well.

In my mind they are 2 top six players away, and 1 top pairing defender away.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s not inconceivable that they are a better club next year. But that means that you’re going to have significant contributions from Couts, who I have significant worry around, and a top 5ish pick from the upcoming draft. Plus you are still hoping young, unproven players are going to step up and be consistent NHL players. Guys like Brink, Gauthier, Lycksell, Allison, Laczynski..

This doesn’t even touch the defensive pairs. They need a top pairing defender to add to the group as well.

In my mind they are 2 top six players away, and 1 top pairing defender away.

I just don’t have that level of faith in Couturier. Nor do I for Atkinson for that matter. I think the Flyers ironically just like Edmonton have too many poor to questionable contracts on the books. I don’t see them getting out of Hayes’ or Ristolainen’s deal without damage coming the other way whether they been assets &/or cap space.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
@VladDrag it should be interesting to see what they do with their defense. I think they might be coming to realization they bought a lemon in Ristolainen. Unfortunately I think it’s probably safe to say the rest of the league likely knows too if the Flyers are at that stage.

They got $24-25M+ invested into this core to give about average to below average results. I don’t know if they’re there yet completely but to me you have to sell now on Provorov with multiple years left on his deal. I’d have zero interest bringing him back on his next contract.

I’d bring DeAngelo back as he’s already depreciating asset. He’s a body to get you through most of next year & maybe he could improve his trade stock some before the deadline. i have no interest in him past his current contract either.

I would have moved Sanheim over extending him. Not because of him but because of the team around him & everything. But now he’s likely here for the long term so I’m cool just riding with him & York at the top.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I always laugh at the Flyer gobblers who throw out the "just need some high end talent" so casually. Like it only takes a couple truly talented guys to win something.

Not to mention the secondary pieces on this team are mediocre as shit as is, so I am not sure how that's somehow so comfortably set in stone.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I always laugh at the Flyer gobblers who throw out the "just need some high end talent" so casually. Like it only takes a couple truly talented guys to win something.

Not to mention the secondary pieces on this team are mediocre as shit as is, so I am not sure how that's somehow so comfortably set in stone.
Not to mention not to mention they just ho hum it, like "yup just need some high end talent" like it's right around the corner sitting in a fed ex truck ready to be delivered

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
@VladDrag it should be interesting to see what they do with their defense. I think they might be coming to realization they bought a lemon in Ristolainen. Unfortunately I think it’s probably safe to say the rest of the league likely knows too if the Flyers are at that stage.

They got $24-25M+ invested into this core to give about average to below average results. I don’t know if they’re there yet completely but to me you have to sell now on Provorov with multiple years left on his deal. I’d have zero interest bringing him back on his next contract.

I’d bring DeAngelo back as he’s already depreciating asset. He’s a body to get you through most of next year & maybe he could improve his trade stock some before the deadline. i have no interest in him past his current contract either.

I would have moved Sanheim over extending him. Not because of him but because of the team around him & everything. But now he’s likely here for the long term so I’m cool just riding with him & York at the top.
100% on all the moves. I want Provy traded, and I am more interested in a first round pick than a 21-23 year old soon-to-be RFA. We have enough of those types.

They need defensive help, I no longer have a good handle on their prospects, I guess there’s potential in Andrae, but I am pretty sure it’s okay to say it’s a position of weakness.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

I think you can make a decent bottom 6 with some of Frost, Tippett, Cates, Lycksell, Foerster, Brink, Laczynski, Laughton. Then you fill the remainder in with ELCs. Some of those players may be able to play in the middle 6.

But the issue I have is even if they get a superstar at 3-6 this year, that player is not going to come in as a superstar at 18, and will need 2-3 years of growth. They are also going to need another talented forward to play in the top 6. Now maybe Frost can be a 60 point player next year, or maybe Brink is you guy to do that….maybe Cutter. But the fact is there are just too many uncertainties and too many guesses. They are still a few years 2 years away from that.

This doesn’t even touch the defense.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think you can make a decent bottom 6 with some of Frost, Tippett, Cates, Lycksell, Foerster, Brink, Laczynski, Laughton. Then you fill the remainder in with ELCs. Some of those players may be able to play in the middle 6.

But the issue I have is even if they get a superstar at 3-6 this year, that player is not going to come in as a superstar at 18, and will need 2-3 years of growth. They are also going to need another talented forward to play in the top 6. Now maybe Frost can be a 60 point player next year, or maybe Brink is you guy to do that….maybe Cutter. But the fact is there are just too many uncertainties and too many guesses. They are still a few years 2 years away from that.

This doesn’t even touch the defense.

For me it’s just the already bad contracts in the mix with Hayes & Ristolainen. These guys are already trending towards expensive bottom of the lineup players that are signed on for multiple years. Couturier & Atkinson are big question marks that could be added into that mix sooner than later. On top of not having those obvious top line or better talents. They have enough bottom of the lineup options that they should get enough hits to yield a decent group there.

You’re gonna have to make decisions on Konecny, Provorov, & Hart within these next few years too. I’d definitely trade Provorov now. The other two id hold onto for next year & reevaluate. I can’t say I’m not excited to sign Hart to big money long term deal he’d likely command especially with where this team could be though. I just don’t believe in investing that type of money given the volatility of the position. Hell Hart himself has shown that volatility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad