Social Media Septic Tank Thread

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

After seeing that tweet by Sean, I literally re-checked how many points Hayes was pacing for in the COVID shortened seasons like 5 times each just to make sure those 48 and 46 numbers were right. I couldn't believe it.

The fact that DiMarco either 1) lied about the pace Hayes was on and hoped nobody would check, or 2) actually got the math wrong, is equal parts hilarious and depressing.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
After seeing that tweet by Sean, I literally re-checked how many points Hayes was pacing for in the COVID shortened seasons like 5 times each just to make sure those 48 and 46 numbers were right. I couldn't believe it.

The fact that DiMarco either 1) lied about the pace Hayes was on and hoped nobody would check, or 2) actually got the math wrong, is equal parts hilarious and depressing.

I think he just assumed. That's all the Flyers Twitteratti folks do, really: Assume a player is better than he is or worse than he is based on franchise goop and other dumb people assuming.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

MIUf7c8.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
My brain hurts from that shit.

“The only reason he hasn’t scored more than 50 points multiple times is because of COVID shortened seasons.”

Shows that during those Covid shortened seasons he wasn’t even on pace for 50+ points.

“I’m not talking about pacing, I’m talking about what he actually produced.”

“I don’t think I ever said he was a career 50-55 point player”

“Hayes is a career 50-55 point player.“

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

“The only reason he scored more than 50 points multiple times is because of COVID shortened seasons.”

Shows that during those Covid shortened seasons he wasn’t even on pace for 50+ points.

I don’t know how Sean didn’t roast him

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

He also compared the Hayes contract to Ryan Strome and Trocheck and fudged the numbers involved as well. Made it sound like they were paid more then they were so that the Hayes contract looked better by comparison.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
You mean you haven't been doing that for like a month? I need something to get me through this season haha.
Twitter is disgusting

“The only reason he hasn’t scored more than 50 points multiple times is because of COVID shortened seasons.”

Up and coming. The blind calling the blind a rising star. Imagine

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Oh my god, thanks for posting this here. This is gold

Edit: pacing or not pacing for 50pts when the real answer is 48pts is not something you can do in your head quickly, unless there's round numbers or you do it on daily basis. However:

- How on earth do you not even check before posting [Excel/phone app/whatever]
- Why would it matter; extra season or two would not make him consistent 50-55pt player

Last edited:

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Was this talked about yet? On todays Crossing Broadcast (one of my fav shows) ASF said that Carchidi apparently submitted a complaint on Torts after he refused to speak to the media that one game. Apparently Torts got fined or something? So don't expect anything nice to come out of Torts' mouth when Sam asks a questions - aka that Hayes answer he gave the other night

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Was this talked about yet? On todays Crossing Broadcast (one of my fav shows) ASF said that Carchidi apparently submitted a complaint on Torts after he refused to speak to the media that one game. Apparently Torts got fined or something? So don't expect anything nice to come out of Torts' mouth when Sam asks a questions - aka that Hayes answer he gave the other night
Sam is such a little bitch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad