Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Writers get shafted and paid shit in today's world. Honestly anyone should be expecting it especially when you're trying to break into whatever field. Sucks for the guy but it's bad out there. When you got publications bombarding people with ads of course ad block is gonna be rampant. So they don't even pull a decent amount of ad revenue anymore.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Moral of the story is don’t get into the business of sport. The entire industry is notorious for making people work for free and grind them to the bone to try and get their foot in the door.

You’re not going to just walk into a paying job.

Fortunately for Dylan Whatever, he has more positive people in his corner than you!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He definitely thought by getting under THN’s brand it would help elevate him but reality is it’s not the 90’s anymore. Their brand is shit in 2024 & in today’s social media age it’s more of a truer free market.

While that's true, the real problem here is that he's not a good writer - you can tell from his posts. But the industry is a total f***ing mess - the number of easy-to-fix editing errors/oversights you find in any given article is appalling.

Writers get shafted and paid shit in today's world. Honestly anyone should be expecting it especially when you're trying to break into whatever field. Sucks for the guy but it's bad out there. When you got publications bombarding people with ads of course ad block is gonna be rampant. So they don't even pull a decent amount of ad revenue anymore.

Now imagine the poor c*** had his publication collapse beneath him through no fault of his own and he had to move to Thailand to find work.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Hehehehe | Fandom

Good. Deserved for 99.999999999%.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
While that's true, the real problem here is that he's not a good writer - you can tell from his posts. But the industry is a total f***ing mess - the number of easy-to-fix editing errors/oversights you find in any given article is appalling.

No doubt. The flip side of the social media age media is it’s also let in people who don’t really deserve to be let in. :laugh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Journalistic writing today is pretty shit in general (writing period!), but these wannabe sportswriters are the guys who probably flunked English. I’m being generous when I say they have middle school writing ability. I’ll give the Flyers writers credit: they found their niche covering the middle school of sports organizations.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Journalistic writing today is pretty shit in general (writing period!), but these wannabe sportswriters are the guys who probably flunked English. I’m being generous when I say they have middle school writing ability. I’ll give the Flyers writers credit: they found their niche covering the middle school of sports organizations.
Now you're giving the Flyers too much credit.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad