Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

IMG_6768.gif

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They’re not signing Tippett to a surplus value. In fact, they’re going to sign him to the exact opposite.

This is just like how he claims Gauthier could be a 50+ goal elite 1C.

He just takes these brainless “snipers”, says “Well they could be [insert insane nonsense]”, and then defends it with “I’m just saying that’s his ceiling, not the expectation!”.

f***ing worthless comments to jerk off his favorite players.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

No doubt this is the way the team views Frost as well. And on one hand, I get it. You want to see him involved in the play consistently. They see a smaller framed player and think, this guy needs to be Theo Fleury to be successful in the NHL. I'll fully admit that at times Frost is not as involved as I would like to see him, particularly given his offensive ability. However, even when he's being a passive player, I think positively impacts the game with his sound defensive play and small-but-effective puck plays.

Other side of this coin is that they are actively asking him to play a game that he's never played, and quite honestly, not suited to play. He's not the high energy guy - the TK/Atkinson type. He's methodical, and plays a very specific type of game. Just give him decent linemates who can extend plays for 1/2 the season and see what happens...Just like they did the second half of last season, and he performed like a 2nd line center. They can't get out of their own way.

1704723836005.png

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The disconnect in attitude between two forwards who have scored at almost exactly the same rate over the last 100+ games is incredible.

Farabee: 121 GP at 16:30, 27 G, 41 A, 68P, P/GP = 0.56

Frost: 109 GP at 16:05, 25 G, 34 A, 59 P, P/GP = 0.54

Frost actually scores goals at a higher rate than Farabee, but you wouldn't know it based on how they are talked about by the team and the twitter twats.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

No doubt this is the way the team views Frost as well. And on one hand, I get it. You want to see him involved in the play consistently. They see a smaller framed player and think, this guy needs to be Theo Fleury to be successful in the NHL. I'll fully admit that at times Frost is not as involved as I would like to see him, particularly given his offensive ability. However, even when he's being a passive player, I think positively impacts the game with his sound defensive play and small-but-effective puck plays.

Other side of this coin is that they are actively asking him to play a game that he's never played, and quite honestly, not suited to play. He's not the high energy guy - the TK/Atkinson type. He's methodical, and plays a very specific type of game. Just give him decent linemates who can extend plays for 1/2 the season and see what happens...Just like they did year, and he performed like a 2nd line center. They can't get out of their own way.

View attachment 798720

isn't that why they signed vet scrubs, to play with piss and vinegar?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Always playing with piss and vinegar also means you wear your body out faster and have less of a career. But you know, Torts doesn't give a shit about that. His f***ing fetish to make people stand up to him and play like that is stupid.

Kucherov, a guy who has the most points in the NHL, does he have to play with a chip on his shoulder to do that? But we all know Torts isn't a fan of skill. Brawns over brains every time with Torts.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
And just for the sake of being clear - I absolutely think there is value in a team with 'sandpaper'. While the sport is moving towards skill and away from physicality more and more each year, it's never going to be depleted of a physical aspect.

I don't believe that EVERYONE needs to play the same way, otherwise you're going to get what the Flyers have right now. A decent team that has a difficult time scoring goals. I firmly believe you need a blend of skill, grit, and smarts to win in the NHL. They have for years seem to overvalue the grit aspects, particularly in the supporting player roles.

Last edited:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

Other side of this coin is that they are actively asking him to play a game that he's never played, and quite honestly, not suited to play. He's not the high energy guy - the TK/Atkinson type. He's methodical, and plays a very specific type of game. Just give him decent linemates who can extend plays for 1/2 the season and see what happens...Just like they did the second half of last season, and he performed like a 2nd line center. They can't get out of their own way.

View attachment 798720

WTF is Joe Watson doing? Remember when we were told all the old guys were no longer going to have a say when the new regime rolled in?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Flyers alumni shows up at Ed Snider Night and talks about the team with the Flyers Alumni content manager.

Hardly "having a say"
Even if he doesn't have any say, which I doubt if he has any say it's anything substantial, it's still the way the Flyers seem to operate. It's still that type of hockey they are attempting to emulate. They hired an out-dated coach who has said he doesn't know how to coach offense. The coach they brought in to coach the powerplay attempted to fight players in previous coaching roles. Torts has a history of not giving the undersized, non-physical, offensively-oriented player a fair shot (Zuc and Karlsson). My guess is that Torts thought these two players were not physical enough. They just don't get it.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Even if he doesn't have any say, which I doubt if he has any say it's anything substantial, it's still the way the Flyers seem to operate. It's still that type of hockey they are attempting to emulate. They hired an out-dated coach who has said he doesn't know how to coach offense. The coach they brought in to coach the powerplay attempted to fight players in previous coaching roles. Torts has a history of not giving the undersized, non-physical, offensively-oriented player a fair shot (Zuc and Karlsson). My guess is that Torts thought these two players were not physical enough. They just don't get it.

I'm not disagreeing, I've been just as annoyed as the rest of this board has been with Tort's treatment of Frost.

I just think it's laughable and pure HFBoards paranoia to think that an old-school alumni, who has never even been a part of Flyers management (i.e, he's not even a shadowy all-powerful figure behind the scenes like Holmgren or Clarke might be), who showed up to an old-school alumni event, talking with the Alumni content manager, who made a comment on the topic du jour of his favorite team, is somehow indicative of "having a say" with the team.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I'm not disagreeing, I've been just as annoyed as the rest of this board has been with Tort's treatment of Frost.

I just think it's laughable and pure HFBoards paranoia to think that an old-school alumni, who has never even been a part of Flyers management (i.e, he's not even a shadowy all-powerful figure behind the scenes like Holmgren or Clarke might be), who showed up to an old-school alumni event, talking with the Alumni content manager, who made a comment on the topic du jour of his favorite team, is somehow indicative of "having a say" with the team.
I understand, I didn't mean to make it sound like you were okay with the treatment of Frost (which by the way, while I talked about Frost, my point was about the overall direction/leadership of the team, using Frost as an example).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad