Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Yeah, the Bruins are definitely Exhibit A with their 7 games played this season......after most of 2 decades with one of the most dominant 2-way centers of all time. Nailed it.

I don't disagree in principle that guys like Kaprizov and Panarin and Robertson function similarly to elite centers when roster building, but the "NPC" comment is a joke. It just means you can have guys like Eriksson Ek and Zibanejad and Hintz function as 1Cs. Instead of Matthews and MacKinnon. Equally big joke: equating Gauthier to Michkov as a line driver.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia

Yeah, the Bruins are definitely Exhibit A with their 7 games played this season......after most of 2 decades with one of the most dominant 2-way centers of all time. Nailed it.

I don't disagree in principle that guys like Kaprizov and Panarin and Robertson function similarly to elite centers when roster building, but the "NPC" comment is a joke. It just means you can have guys like Eriksson Ek and Zibanejad and Hintz function as 1Cs. Instead of Matthews and MacKinnon. Equally big joke: equating Gauthier to Michkov as a line driver.

The Bruins?! Good god, y’all

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"Look, I want Frost in the lineup too! But I'm not going to get upset that Torts wants to try to keep the lineup together after the team lost largely from a bad Ersson game."
After @Striiker's post, I was going to suggest a Guess Charlie's Tweet for after it is announced that Frost will be benched for the next game. Thanks for reading my mind, @Redpath.

"Look, I get it. The team didn't have the same energy as in their previous games. But it isn't ideal to bring Frost in after one outlier game where everything went against the Flyers. Torts is showing confidence in his prospects to bounce back after a tough loss, which is what everyone has been asking for."

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

That’s pretty disingenuous. I don’t care about the losses. You’re talking about a young backup goalie who’s not really playing a lot & when he does it’s been bad. You have a third goalie on your roster for whatever reason that hasn’t played at all.

Given there’s only 1 spot in net opposed to 18 positional positions it’s not crazy to have stance that perhaps they should consider a demotion for the sake of development in regards to Ersson.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

That’s pretty disingenuous. I don’t care about the losses. You’re talking about a young backup goalie who’s not really playing a lot & when he does it’s been bad. You have a third goalie on your roster for whatever reason that hasn’t played at all.

Given there’s only 1 spot in net opposed to 18 positional positions it’s not crazy to have stance that perhaps they should consider a demotion for the sake of development in regards to Ersson.

Funny how he has these takes about Ersson, but the exact opposite takes about Frost

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
All this banter back and forth about Frost (which i enjoy!) to me is pretty simple. Your benching a player after two games, who when given a real shot and consistent game time over an extended period of time with proper usage was your leading scorer. This to me is why Torts isn't the guy. He did great with him for the majority of last year but Torts is loading the gun and shooting himself and frost in the foot.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I mix up my Torts/AV timelines in New York (recent trauma doesn't help), but I didn't realize Zuccarello only took off AFTER Tortorella was fired. Zuccarello had a 45 point pace season at age 23 as a rookie. Tortorella had some irrational issue with him, and he spent most of the next season in the AHL. Then he signed a 2 year KHL deal in the lockout season before returning the last few weeks of the year. Reading up on it, it seems like it was your usual hockey asshole gripes masking bias (defense and so on). Funny part? Prime Zuc was known for his defense as a 5'8 winger.

Between this and William Karlsson, where Tortorella thought a Cup-caliber 2C was really just a 4C, maybe he's not the brilliant core evaluator of which he's portrayed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad