Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

giphy.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Charles, with all his love of stats, was as vocal declaring Sanheim a 2nd pair defender as anyone despite years of top pair results. Heck, he wanted to trade him for Kevin Shattenkirk a handful of years ago. Now, he’s saying rebuild averted because of Sanheim? The same guy they desperately tried to offload for Krug? Miss me with this, Chaz.

The Flyers, if multiple pieces in the organization overperform, inarguably need a 1C (THE hardest thing to acquire outside a top 3-5 pick) and a top pair defender. I’d argue more. But these are locks. And they not only need them but they need them contributing at that level within a couple years or their other core pieces age out of their prime. If that sounds pie in the sky, you’re not accounting for Tortorella single-handedly creating Martin St. Louis.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Frost is the same age as core pieces Cates and Tippett. He’s 5 years younger than Laughton; 10 years younger than Atkinson. Why is their playing time and their roster spots important then? That argument is so hollow. If they believe they’re 2 years away (or not even!), why is this particular 24 year old a throwaway?

Frost plays the most premium position on a team that has horrific organizational center depth. He led the team in ES points last year. Only 1 f***ing team in the league wouldn’t view this player’s ice time as important because the coach has an irrational bias. I value them plenty, but I’m not even sold on Foerster and Brink having higher ceilings/on-ice value! Frost’s skating and skill and passing combo is not commonplace here.

I trust Charlie’s evaluation of him as much as I trust his years of evaluations on Sanheim. He’s not approaching rationality.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
This tells me Charlie is moving the f***ing goal posts. Went from that he hasn't been good enough to being in the lineup to saying that others are being prioritized. f*** Charlie. f***ing hack.
He's completely lost the plot, doesn't even try to hide how hard he tows the company line anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad