Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not humiliating vets? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sean should tell Charlie to ask if Sanheim (or Frost) was humiliated in his "hometown" game last year. Seems like not humiliating vets isn't always a concern for Torts.
I think Torts understood that it was wrong to do that based on how the team reacted the following week.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jamey Baskow right now seeing the Flyers buying up media members.

6g60di.jpg

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I think Torts understood that it was wrong to do that based on how the team reacted the following week.

Didn’t he publicly say he wouldn’t change that decision even after knowing?

I’m not trying to be snarky. There have been enough of those incidents that I’m not sure which was most recent.

Reactions: BernieParent

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia

Well the only Flyers podcast worth a damn is now officially state-sponsored propaganda.

Just listening as I was typing this and Russ actually immediately knocks the phrase "state propaganda."

You can still have legal protections from oversight and still have your views compromised.

It was just a matter of time. Bundy knows the squeaky wheel gets the grease

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didn’t he publicly say he wouldn’t change that decision even after knowing?

I’m not trying to be snarky. There have been enough of those incidents that I’m not sure which was most recent.
Well if you remember, they were awful the rest of that week (even though they won the game in Calgary), which culminated with that 7-0 loss in NJ, where they straight up quit and Torts opted to fall on the sword instead of burying everyone when he definitely had a green light. That was probably their worst week of the season.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
Snow had gone full on fluffer mode since Briere and Jones got hired. I fail to see how this will change anything. It was so clear how buddy buddy Therien was with Jones, and how much that affected everything they said on the pod. It's definitely made all of their takes a lot more sugarcoated. The funny part to me is that I think Therien is the least insightful and least useful one in the group. All he does is talk about his buddies and show he doesn't understand the modern game.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Snow had gone full on fluffer mode since Briere and Jones got hired. I fail to see how this will change anything. It was so clear how buddy buddy Therien was with Jones, and how much that affected everything they said on the pod. It's definitely made all of their takes a lot more sugarcoated. The funny part to me is that I think Therien is the least insightful and least useful one in the group. All he does is talk about his buddies and show he doesn't understand the modern game.

In fairness to them, everything since Briere /Jones got hired has been what STG had been calling for since before Briere/Jones were hired. STG was bound to be happy with the results so far, so I wouldn't call it "fluffer mode" as much as just being actually happy/optimistic to finally get their wishes from management.

But Russ feigning ignorance with the "We have a contact saying the Flyers can't censor us! Of course a monetary beneficial relationship with the Flyers won't impact any criticisms we have moving forward!" excuse is a bit ridiculous.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
ASF & Therien were cheering on Fletcher until the bottom line completely fell out, to some degree they cheer this on because they believe that’s how a team is supposed to be ran at least from a hockey ops standpoint. So there is some of that play as well.

Russ while still an idiot in other ways was quicker than the other two to come to realization the train was coming off the track.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad