Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I was looking up the hit on Konecny that took him out for 20 games despite the supposed deterrence of Deslauriers, and Vancouver fans apparently hate TK’s guts for something he did to Pettersen that I didn’t even remember.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I was looking up the hit on Konecny that took him out for 20 games despite the supposed deterrence of Deslauriers, and Vancouver fans apparently hate TK’s guts for something he did to Pettersen that I didn’t even remember.

frost and jvr both lack culture

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
I don’t like this direction of guys getting jumped for physical contact that is literally part of the game. We need to fix it by retaliating in a way that’s clearly against the rules? And some will claim “it’s part of the game!” Come on tough guys, take the legal hit and not stop play for long stretches to fight and clear scrums.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What did Botallico say? I missed it.

The Flyers gotta love that their flagship radio personalities constantly shit on them.

Reactions: freakydallas13

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
What did Botallico say? I missed it.

The Flyers gotta love that their flagship radio personalities constantly shit on them.
They will have to hire him as Vice PoHo so his comments can be controlled.

Reactions: GKJ

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
phillies attendance while not always sold out still was more than the flyers. also 80 games as opposed to 40

what did he say?

It's not apples to apples. Phillies games have been pretty poorly attended in terms of % of capacity the last decade

That being said? Can you blame the fans for not wanting to spend money on Cesar Hernandez, Tommy Joseph, and Odubel?

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It's not apples to apples. Phillies games have been pretty poorly attended in terms of % of capacity the last decade

That being said? Can you blame the fans for not wanting to spend money on Cesar Hernandez, Tommy Joseph, and Odubel?
not disagreeing. Just find it funny Bill comes running their defense. Instead of saying yep the product sucks. While only preseason, the place was empty the other night against the bruins.

Have to factor double the games as well. If they played 40 would the attendance be different

Last edited:
Reactions: usahockey22flyers

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By the way, I remember how I viewed Phillies vs. Flyers back in the 2000’s when the Phillies took over being toast of the town and Bill’s post reminded me of how miserable on purpose I was choosing to be about it. And I was in my early 20’s. Now it’s just like refusing to come to terms with how meaningless the institution you’ve dedicated your life’s work to has become.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I love the Phillies, but he is right haha
In fairness midweek baseball games that aren't super meaningful are never going to be consistent draws. At least for the Phillies you still can cheap tickets even when they are good (not necessarily good tickets but cheap tickets to get in the door). The same can't be said about the Flyers. I said this earlier but if they would lower their prices to try and attract new phones or placate old ones, they'd probably have a good showing on a regular basis. Unfortunately for the Flyers, it looks like the cheapest tickets I can find are $54 before fees, which were Thursday night games against the Blue Jackets and Dallas, not exactly big draws (coming straight from the Flyers, not resale). That means two tickets assuming you're going with your wife or kid or whatever is probably going to be $125-$150 just for the tickets depending on the taxes and fees and if you pick seats in the last row of the second level. Then probably $20 for parking and another $50ish for snacks etc. That's pretty expensive for a team that is going to win in the ballpark of 30 games. Black Friday against the Rangers tickets start at $75. It is $63 to see them play the SC Champs. Eff this team!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad