Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
He was on fire today.

1.) Playing prospects is not a viable rebuild strategy because you want to play vets to boost their value (despite the team showing no interest in trading them?).
This logic only makes sense if you trade the vets when they are at peak value. Clearly that is not a priority when your top two valuable vets this offseason are TK and Laughton and both are still on the team. Sure showcase some vets, but you have to move them one they are at top value, or what's the point?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hathaway is the definition of a pointless signing. He’s at a crossroads between traditional grrrrrit types and analytics. Hathaway is a good player. Hathaway is a pointless player on a rebuilding team. But they prioritize the 4th line (which puts a hole in the “what does it matter?!” argument).

Poehling is 2 years younger than Laczynski/Allison. Same age as Lycksell. I was a big fan of him in his draft year. He’s in positive JAG territory, but he also has swing traits and some upwards trajectory. That one is justifiable. Smart even for a 1 year with RFA control. But stapling Deslauriers with him is the same waste as it is for anyone else. But I did chuckle when Briere called him a veteran last night. They’re lost.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Hathaway is the definition of a pointless signing. He’s at a crossroads between traditional grrrrrit types and analytics. Hathaway is a good player. Hathaway is a pointless player on a rebuilding team. But they prioritize the 4th line (which puts a hole in the “what does it matter?!” argument).

Poehling is 2 years younger than Laczynski/Allison. Same age as Lycksell. I was a big fan of him in his draft year. He’s in positive JAG territory, but he also has swing traits and some upwards trajectory. That one is justifiable. Smart even for a 1 year with RFA control. But stapling Deslauriers with him is the same waste as it is for anyone else. But I did chuckle when Briere called him a veteran last night. They’re lost.
Exactly this. The obstinate trajectory of actually building a Nic Deslauriers line, while push-fitting a still-young player into a "role", is more of the same tunnel vision that has led this team to the bottom of the standings. It is understandable from a marketing level for the puck-optional crowd, but they can't help but rush to decisions, even during an allegedly wide-open preseason.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Does anyone have a read on Zamula’s standing on the roster? I know ASF says that they don’t expect him to be around - but I kinda wanna call BS on that. I know ASF has some scoops however Zamula’s been good.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Does anyone have a read on Zamula’s standing on the roster? I know ASF says that they don’t expect him to be around - but I kinda wanna call BS on that. I know ASF has some scoops however Zamula’s been good.
No inside info, but it would be insane if they waived him. He's easily one of the 7 best dmen on the roster, and all the other D prospects (Andrae, Attard, Ginning, Grans) are waiver exempt.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They pretty much implied he would be on the roster on the broadcast last night. Sad it needs to be confirmed but such is Flyers hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: GapToothedWonder

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad