Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Knowing full well I'm going to get triggered, I'm going to read this. I'll report back.
It wasn't that bad, he stated the facts pretty well. The fact is that Rasmus did have a good year in all xG metrics. But it was all based on his defensive metrics. For example, he was in the 94th percentile for total defense according to EH's model for this season. He hasn't been above the 30th in his last 5 seasons, and been as low as 4th percentile. I've said this before, I don't fully believe that the dataset used to determine defensive impact is particularly great at completing that objective, but I'll certainly recognize that Rasmus was much better defensively this year, the question is, just how much. I don't really know. I'm willing to bet he just got lucky and you'll see a regression, which he states the same thing.

The only thing I'll add is that the article felt too optimistic. It just had a, 'what if he's changed' type feel to it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It wasn't that bad, he stated the facts pretty well. The fact is that Rasmus did have a good year in all xG metrics. But it was all based on his defensive metrics. For example, he was in the 94th percentile for total defense according to EH's model for this season. He hasn't been above the 30th in his last 5 seasons, and been as low as 4th percentile. I've said this before, I don't fully believe that the dataset used to determine defensive impact is particularly great at completing that objective, but I'll certainly recognize that Rasmus was much better defensively this year, the question is, just how much. I don't really know. I'm willing to bet he just got lucky and you'll see a regression, which he states the same thing.

The only thing I'll add is that the article felt too optimistic. It just had a, 'what if he's changed' type feel to it.

Probably doesn’t help either he’s gonna likely be asked to do more this upcoming year with Provorov gone.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm just going to say this....not really.

The thing that really bothers me about this is that there were plenty of people out there who didn’t really care whether they signed Risto to something like 1/2 as a UFA if they thought he could do more than he was being asked with proper guidance. The problem was always the cost. Low-cost reclamation projects are indisputably good. It’s no different than TDA from a pure hockey standpoint.

Instead, we have to do these weird all or nothings because those ends of the spectrum whine the most and the loudest.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
“Frost sucks on the PP, doesn’t have plus skill, and likely tops out as a 3C.”

“Cates is Cirelli.”

Oh, Charles.

The elevation/overrating of decent secondary pieces is a Flyers beat hallmark. Shit player comps too. Charlie is just following tradition! Lol.

I eagerly await his next Fan Police Commissioner (sponsored by Arby’s) tweet

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

“Cates is Cirelli.”

Oh, Charles.

Oh no. This is all my fault.

Me said:
Do they? Would, say, Marcus Foligno be worth a ton in trade? Obviously Cates is younger, so he'd have more value. But Foligno is one of the gold standards of defensive depth Forwards.

Unless you think he'd be valued like a Cirelli maybe? I would push back hard against that valuation, but I understand the thought process.

You can’t just let thoughts like this enter the general conversation. I’m so sorry. I should know better.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Wow, amazing concept here Johnny. Build your team like the defending Stanley Cup champions. Glad they hired you for that insightful thought

I know that sounds self-evident, but it’s actually worse if you think about what they specifically mean by that. Jones has said similar shit (specifically about Vegas’ defense).

I’ve said for a while that Vegas is the cap era Flyers in team building philosophy. That’s not an entirely negative statement. But of all the recent winners/contenders, it’s the team you least want to emulate for a bunch of reasons.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

“Cates is Cirelli.”

Oh, Charles.

Surely it’s a coincidence that he can’t stop jerking off Cates and Tippett, then nitpicks and downplays everything about Frost.

il_fullxfull.2621923746_rnxl.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad