Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Therian is on fire lately.

Thinks you can only be a center if youre "big". Doesnt get the Michkov hype because hes "only a 7th overall... not like hes 1 or 2". Thinks Gauthier is better and thinks fans should too bc he was picked 5th, not 7th. Doesnt think you can improve your skating past 18 years old.

Woof.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

Thinks you can only be a center if youre "big". Doesnt get the Michkov hype because hes "only a 7th overall... not like hes 1 or 2". Thinks Gauthier is better and thinks fans should too bc he was picked 5th, not 7th. Doesnt think you can improve your skating past 18 years old.

Woof.

Holy smokes, did he fall off the wagon?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Lol.

Woof.
Sounds like he’s positioning himself to get a job with the organization again.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know that sounds self-evident, but it’s actually worse if you think about what they specifically mean by that. Jones has said similar shit (specifically about Vegas’ defense).

I’ve said for a while that Vegas is the cap era Flyers in team building philosophy. That’s not an entirely negative statement. But of all the recent winners/contenders, it’s the team you least want to emulate for a bunch of reasons.

All their defensemen can make plays with the puck at an adequate or higher level. When was the last time the Flyers had that? The Flyers will certainly emulate them as far as the tape measure goes but it’s highly unlikely they match them in actual hockey ability.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I know that sounds self-evident, but it’s actually worse if you think about what they specifically mean by that. Jones has said similar shit (specifically about Vegas’ defense).

I’ve said for a while that Vegas is the cap era Flyers in team building philosophy. That’s not an entirely negative statement. But of all the recent winners/contenders, it’s the team you least want to emulate for a bunch of reasons.
Not the Blues?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The most hilarious part of the "we can build like the Knights" discourse is how the contrarians told us this team was better off trading assets for Fisto than it was putting them together for Eichel.
The hopeful part of me remembers how much Keith Jones was messing his jeans over Eichel throughout the cup final. He was literally giddy at points. Then the reality based part of me remembers how much he did the same thing over Risto for the past 2 years, plus whenever the Flyers played the Sabres before that.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Not the Blues?

Hmmm. I guess it’s a toss-up for different reasons. Both teams were playoff caliber rosters, but there’s not much in the way of sustainable processes. Vegas abused LTIR and spent like drunken sailors, and most of their core players are older. We also know they weren’t exactly a machine these playoffs. That it happened doesn’t mean it’s a blueprint.

The Blues were probably the gold standard of fringe contender, built on depth, for most of a decade. They finally broke through in a bipolar season, with some retooling, but they always seemed built for a lightning in a bottle run. Looking at them now — and they’re somewhat rebuilding — their best players are a 2nd rounder, a late 1st, and one of the best trades in recent history. I don’t see the Flyers doing that either.

So, what do they take away from Vegas’ — or any team’s — success? Vegas is supremely cavalier with their asset and cap management, but they also hunt for elite talent and go through good coaches like they’re going out of style. In some ways, I respect the risks they take to win in a sea of safety nets. But none of these things sound like the Flyers today.

I’m going to surmise their evaluation is as simple as: Vegas big, Vegas heavy, Vegas recent. It’s just confirmation bias. When a team you philosophically don’t admire wins or has success you get, “There’s more than one way to win.” When a team you want to emulate does it you get *wild gesticulating*.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He can’t even be consistent within this single tweet. :laugh:

“One thing that I will always be consistent about is that aside from players who are trying to earn a spot on the roster/starting lineup, preseason games are an overblown waste of everyone's time, in every sport”

Red contradicts blue. He’s saying it’s a waste of time… except for evaluating who deserves a roster spot (especially Frost if he makes a single mistake).

Idiot.

Reactions: Amorgus
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Woof.
There are plenty of minions here and on social media who think like he does. Some things never change

That rebuild going just as planned!

Hey Jamey what will they be after the Flyers developmental team get their filthy mitts on them.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Added to the archives for future use

anime-write.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad