Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The National suck too. Match made in heaven.

I listened to their one album when I was in high school and they had big hype and there were two songs on it I liked and I don't remember them now, so that's my review of that band.

I do know that years later they played at a venue in Pittsburgh I interned at and I was not there for the sound check, but apparently the lead singer was real hammered and pissed and threw a bottle at the huge light board that was part of their stage setup and broke a section of it. And I remember thinking that band was not nearly cool enough to be hammered and angry and throwing shit at 3PM.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I listened to 3 songs for 30 seconds, and they all sounded the same. :laugh:
What band? I tried scrolling through his crap and saw only like two artists I've heard of and I'm in my mid 40's. It looks like a mix of emo and indie artists, a soundtrack for for the pretentious.

EDIT: Oh I thought The National was a website, not a band.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If you read this thread it looks like Charles is on the verge of an anti-stat rant. :laugh:

F1u8faAXsAMTrlE

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Charlie’s standards for a Cup caliber defense are maybe too high. How do you pair that with a belief in the Flyers (defense) being good enough with this express 3 year rebuild? No clue! Just focus on Gauthier being a stylistic dead ringer for Draisaitl.

Charlie’s approach to development has always been what I would consider outside of reasonable. Not long after he started writing there, I had a perfectly polite discussion with him in the comments of one of his articles where he argued that Gostisbehere being a good NHL a player by definition meant that his development was handled properly and the org was maximizing their defensive assets to a reasonable degree. Basically, that you can always do better, but what they did worked and that was the end of any reasonable complaints.

There’s no hard right or wrong, but I think he’s more of a results > process guy than he might say he is. Call it the Manson Corollary. It somewhat explains the Draisaitl comp too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad