Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The whole discussion around that topic honestly seems so pointless. If the Sixers can get what they need to do so out of the city they’re leaving.

“Oh they’re updating the building to entice the Sixers to stay”. “Oh they’re bringing in Dan Hilferty to smooth things over”, etc.
Serious question about this arena discussion. The WFC is pushing 30 and that's right around when the Spectrum was done with pro sports. The WFC is definitely in better shape now than the Spectrum was towards the end, but how much longer realistically until the Flyers start a push for a new arena?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Serious question about this arena discussion. The WFC is pushing 30 and that's right around when the Spectrum was done with pro sports. The WFC is definitely in better shape now than the Spectrum was towards the end, but how much longer realistically until the Flyers start a push for a new arena?

They just put a good bit of money into it renovation wise. So I’d imagine that extends it at least a few decades for now.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They’ve redone every level of the entire stadium over the last few years. They’re not getting nor wanting a new stadium anytime soon. These renovations were done so that they didn’t need to.

This off-season they’re redoing the event level which was the only level remaining untouched.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
They’ve redone every level of the entire stadium over the last few years. They’re not getting nor wanting a new stadium anytime soon. These renovations were done so that they didn’t need to.

This off-season they’re redoing the event level which was the only level remaining untouched.
I like WFC, especially the Liberty Lounge renovations they did recently. I feel like NHL/NBA arenas are all pretty similar. It's the baseball ones that are the most exciting when it comes to new stadiums because of all the uniquness you see around the league. IDK if there are any teams other than Oakland vying for a new MLB stadium but I hope they do some cool stuff with field dimensions like when Enron Field was first built. Remember that hill with the pole on it? I miss that.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I really can't argue with what he says. The bottom line is that they are doing what they said. That's why a lot of us are unhappy. Because that doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

Well, they made a stink about rebuilding, only to go one foot in the water. But they've been upfront about not having a fire sale, so you're not wrong.

Charlie calling it a feature and not a bug doesn't make a lick of sense when people are complaining about the feature. We all know this is consistent with their plan. The feature, not bug shit just sounds clever in its dismissiveness. The fact Tortorella is weeding out the players (including making things irreparably toxic) and co-designing his vision of a contender, with serious personnel say as a member of this *gag* triumvirate, is our major problem with the feature. It's also the easy part. Wake me up when they need to make an actual player/timeline judgment call that hurts.

He also oversimplifies or ignores the idea that they're not really rebuilding rebuilding. Certainly, assets aren't going out, but it's closer to status quo (aside from culture) than he is letting on, especially as other veterans are returning from injury offsetting on-ice value losses. And I'm scoffing at him calling Provorov a "No. 1 prime-age 1 D-man" when there isn't a chance in hell that's how HE evaluates him. But it makes it sound more aggressive. And most #7 picks don't make the NHL full-time before their D+3 anyway. Just look at the recent classes for that range: Gauthier(!), Holtz, Quinn, Rossi, Perfetti, Eklund, Clarke, Guenther, Seider, Zegras, etc. Again, it just makes the Flyers sound super invested in a patient rebuild -- which I'd argue their internal 3 year timeline refutes -- when really it's maybe waiting an extra year. And we already have talk about finding a way to get Michkov here earlier.

I think it's absolutely fair game to criticize a franchise that has never undergone a rebuild in its history on the merits of whether or not they're truly all-in on a rebuild.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I think it's absolutely fair game to criticize a franchise that has never undergone a rebuild in its history on the merits of whether or not they're truly all-in on a rebuild.

Honestly I think it's also fair to say that they might actually believe they really are all-in. One part of this "are they or aren't they" conversation I've always thought gets overlooked a bit is, do they even know how? I can only imagine the internal meetings.

*dream sequence*

"So the fans say they want a rebuild"

"A rebuild eh? What's...huff, huff, huff, well then, let's do a REBUILD!"

"Yeah, yeah yeah!"

"Ok so how do we do this rebuild thing?"

"I think you actually trade your best players?"

"Wait, what??"

"Our boys!! That kid is gonna coach here someday!!"

"No, no, I meant the skill players. The ones we pay a lot. Then once we clear their salary, we sign the biggest FA we can. Sometimes it takes a couple years, but our data suggests fans want a rebuild"

"Oh. Well...huff, huff, huff...That seems ok"

"REBUILD!!!!!"

*Group high five*

"Somebody get me Keith Jones on the phone!"

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The whole discussion around that topic honestly seems so pointless. If the Sixers can get what they need to do so out of the city they’re leaving.

“Oh they’re updating the building to entice the Sixers to stay”. “Oh they’re bringing in Dan Hilferty to smooth things over”, etc.
The Sixers want their own arena. Period. The value of the franchise skyrockets with a new arena, particularly one in or around Center City.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
  • Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Noel Gallagher calls Adele ‘f**ing awful and offensive’ in explosive rant

@JojoTheWhale @DancingPanther

Notwithstanding Adele’s merits or lack there of, is there anything more pathetic than an aging rocker being edgy?
8Cd5gKB.png

Reactions: mja

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad