Social Media Septic Tank Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

ltvPtael_400x400.jpg

tumblr_o9cr1tgClY1sxm49so1_400.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hilferty I didn’t hate in that interview.

But my god those 3 clowns sounded like 12 year old girls at an Nsync concert.

My god they have become pathetic ball lickers.

It was actually embarrassing how they have changed their stances.

I don’t even blame them necessarily for that. You’re not getting the interview in the first place without placating them/Hilferty.

I just laugh at the hype job they did beforehand for what is/was an otherwise run of the mill interview.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Hilferty is irrelevant. As are the guys of STG.

Comcast might as well be any modern political party. Optics, and no substance. They have no clue other than falling back to the braintrust of the Flyer country club , and have doubled down even further on selling fans like they are heroes.

This thing is going nowhere until ownership changes.

I have very little respect for people who ass kiss. I know life is like that, but its pathetic seeing grown ass men do it. That interview was made for a segment of the fanbase that isn't myself. Whatevs I guess.

I'd love to believe, and they are trying to get folks to do it. Matvei isn't nearly enough. They traded Prov (who wanted out anyway), otherwise no moves have been made that say rebuild.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Umm, you’re proving their point, Dan. If they have their own building they can do whatever they want.

I just want to be clear as to what happened here.

Hilferty: They do get the holidays. The next 2 years, they play on Christmas Day! Look how fair we are!

Anyone with a brain: The NHL has a 3 day Christmas break. How is this relevant?

Therien: WOW! I AM FLOORED. NOTHING BIGGER THAN CHRISTMAS. LOVE ME SOME SANTA. *whispers* I don't think he's real.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Hilferty: They do get the holidays. The next 2 years, they play on Christmas Day! Look how fair we are!

Therien: WOW! I AM FLOORED. NOTHING BIGGER THAN CHRISTMAS. LOVE ME SOME SANTA. *whispers* I don't think he's real.

The whole discussion around that topic honestly seems so pointless. If the Sixers can get what they need to do so out of the city they’re leaving.

“Oh they’re updating the building to entice the Sixers to stay”. “Oh they’re bringing in Dan Hilferty to smooth things over”, etc.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

So to be fair. Sixers complained about not hosting on the holidays, but in reality their dates of frustration are off because why would the NBA want them to host during the process lol

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
So to be fair. Sixers complained about not hosting on the holidays, but in reality their dates of frustration are off because why would the NBA want them to host during the process lol

They've made the playoffs for the last 6 years. 4 of those 6 years included Christmas Day games, including the very first Embiid year that they made the playoffs. They've hosted a Christmas game once in that time.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They've made the playoffs for the last 6 years. 4 of those 6 years included Christmas Day games, including the very first Embiid year that they made the playoffs. They've hosted a Christmas game once in that time.

Who gives a shit? Why is this a big thing? lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Umm, you’re proving their point, Dan. If they have their own building they can do whatever they want.

The NBA has a rule in their bylaws or something that they must have first priority on any dates, so any of their crying about that is just them playing on the naïveté of people who don’t know to know that. This is a big reason why the NHL wants their owners to own buildings.

But the holiday thing is something I’ve been complaining about for years. Especially now when their own attendance isn’t good, not having games when the most people are available is objectively stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad