Soccer Prospects Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Haven't been able to follow him this year but Youssef Amyn is expected to join Iraq's U20 team for their pre-WM training camp.

I liked him last year but he's probably not gunna make it with our senior NT so I get it. Love his skill & combativeness, but he's so tiny.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
He's gonna look great leading the line for Italy :sarcasm:

Not a chance. Anyway he's no striker. More a mix of Roman Riquelme x Burrito Ortega. His blind flick perfectly weighted into the path of Sebastian Lopez in the game last night v Paraguay was sheer perfection. Sumptuous skill.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not a chance. Anyway he's no striker. More a mix of Roman Riquelme x Burrito Ortega. His blind flick perfectly weighted into the path of Sebastian Lopez in the game last night v Paraguay was sheer perfection. Sumptuous skill.
Thing is no one plays as a 10 anymore… they either get moved to wing or as a striker. My biggest worry is that he becomes Correa 2.0. Who he kinda resembles.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Thing is no one plays as a 10 anymore… they either get moved to wing or as a striker. My biggest worry is that he becomes Correa 2.0. Who he kinda resembles.

He should be playing a free role across midfield dictating the play. Definitely not a shadow striker, definitely not a winger either he is a ten. The role of the ten is more fluid but then so is every position now in football. Everyone is expected to do a little more than what they did in the past for that role.

But he is still an evolution of that Argentine 10. He has enough skill and ability to dictate play, through balls, spread the play, take on defences and control the tempo. He really is top class material. I just hope his entourage understand that he needs to keep playing and developing. Two or three seasons at River in the Libertadores and Primera will toughen him up further. He also has some growing still to do although he's already pretty difficult to knock off the ball.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
To me he plays a free role. Even then what are the odds pep coaches Eche

Not sure I see a meaningful difference between a free role and playing the 10. And pep's not the only one who gives his creatives free roles. Bayern plays does as well, as do BVB, ManU, and Chelsea did under TT.

I haven't watched much of Arsenal, but is Odegaard not also playing in a free role for them?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
he was reportedly pretty close with chelsea a week ago but there hasn’t been any confirmation of it

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
he was reportedly pretty close with chelsea a week ago but there hasn’t been any confirmation of it
I think it's done deal but can't make it official as PL needs to approve this deal first. It's a shame, he should've waited a bit for a better club (Bundesliga/Ligue 1). Dortmund would've been perfect but maybe he was already too pricy for them

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Very impressive Habib Diarra, 2004, DM, already has two assists in 37 minutes against Reims.
Very exciting game so far, to my surprise.
After Lens ' breathtaking display yesterday and Openda's master-class I didn't expect this to be fun but it is.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Weiper, Schulz, Gruda, & Bierschenk lead Mainz' U19s to the title over BVB, winning 4-2 after Brunner's late goal sent things to extra time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad