Soccer Prospects Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Absolutely pointless in clubs having academies in England. Anyone half decent is stolen away before they turn 16 by the ESL mob. All thanks to the rules created by the PL, the FA and Gareth Donkey Southgate.

We've lost six players to Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, Celtic, Leeds and Tottenham. Now set to lose Harry Amass (England left back0 )to Manchester United for a pittance. Before this lot there was Sancho too. What is the point ?
Leeds and Celtic, noted ESL mob members.

You also have players from West Ham's academy, on loan from Leicester, on loan from Villa (x2), from Montreal's academy, and Southampton's academy, so it doesn't seem like it's all bad for you.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Leeds and Celtic, noted ESL mob members.

You also have players from West Ham's academy, on loan from Leicester, on loan from Villa (x2), from Montreal's academy, and Southampton's academy, so it doesn't seem like it's all bad for you.

Those that we take are aged 20-21 like Ngakia. Players who are deemed the dregs of their academies being thrown out. So clubs take a desperate punt hoping they work out. Ngakia for instance has not. Morris was not offered a contract at Southampton he was a free agent.

We're not cradle snatching like the ESL mob. For Sancho we received 600K plus a sympathy payment later. Amass could get a first team spot at the club. Play well for a couple of seasons and move on earning the club a reward financially not just in terms of a fee but also not having to buy in a left back.

Thanks to the PL ESL mob, FA and Southgate clubs all down the pyramid that used to rely on transfer fees from developing one player every few years are getting ripped off. The amount of power and greed from these clubs is a disgrace. The way they order the competition in their own favour.

As I said what is the point of having an Academy ? Brentford have dispensed with theirs. More clubs should follow suit given the cradle snatchers are always lying in wait.

And as for loans what exactly does that have to do with Academy football ? Clubs have been loaning players for years, The Kone signing. We paid Montreal a large fee for a player who is not u16 or u18 and therefore not an Academy player.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not really a ranking of our prospects, but I feel like I listed most of the kids I've seen that are likely to have senior-NT futures and there's some organization; breaking them down by age group, position, and talent. So I'll just copy this over here for myself to find more easily if I ever do a real ranking again.

Obviously, a lot of these kids will stagnate without reaching their full potential for one reason or another, but thinking about how many of our 2005ers look like they have senior-NT futures atm:

Weiper, Pejcinovic,
Wanner, Ibrahimovic, Bischof, Raebiger...Krattenmacher, Laurin Ulrich,
di Benedetto, Aseko Nkili,
Buchmann, Schulz,

...got me lamenting just how dire things were between 97-00. Those 4 age groups have provided the senior NT with:

Havertz...Burkardt...L.Nmecha, Berisha
Neuhaus, Stach, Janelt...Keitel, Nmecha
Raum...Henrichs, Baku...Vagnoman
Schlotterbeck...Beyer, Bauer

The 2001ers and 02ers have more talent than that between the two of them; even after Samardzic switched to Serbia:

Adeyemi...Schade, Knauff, Beier, Leweling, Thielmann...Alidou, Weißhaupt
Martel, Breithaupt, Stiller...Krauß, Huseinbasic...Röhl
Marco John;
Bella Kotchap, Thiaw, Dardai...Schmidt
Atubolu

...not even getting into the absolutely loaded 2003-2005 age groups, that add to the 2005ers, the likes of:

Moukoko...Tresoldi, Copado
Musiala, Wirtz...Damar, Diehl, Gruda, Kabadayi, Kade
Wenig, Aydin, Tohumcu...Wagner, Frauendorf, Eze
Netz, Rothe, Lukas Ullrich...Castrop, Ba
Gechter, Morgalla, Arrey Mbi, Collins
Urbig

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Very much a C-team for the U21s; with Knauff and Atubolu the only starters that look likely to be senior team regulars atm. Of the others, Huseinbasic & Bisseck have had a lot of stand-out moments against Japan...despite the hideous corner defense on Japan's first goal.

EDIT:
Leweling has looked very lively since coming on. I think he's the best-attacking talent in this selection. Netz & Martel also stuck out in a good way after coming on. With this group I would want to see something like:

Leweling - Ngankam** - Knauff
Huseinbasic* - Stiller*
Martel
Netz - Schmidt - Bisseck - Beyer
Atubolu

**Weißhaupt, Alidou, Malone
*Krauß, Nmecha​
EDIT2:
Assuming Thiaw, Schade, Vagnoman, Nmecha, & Berisha, don't stick with the senior team, and Wanner joins the group for the U21 EM; we could send a strong squad (pending health)...even without the likes of Musiala / Wirtz / Moukoko / Adeyemi / Burkardt / Bella Kotchap.

Schade
Leweling - Wanner - Knauff

Martel - Stiller**
Netz - Dardai - Thiaw - Beyer*
Atubolu

**Huseinbasic, Nmecha, Krauß, Breithaupt
*Bisseck, Schmidt, Vagnoman​

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
di Salvio is really pumping Ngankam's tires and I can't blame him. I'm still skeptical he has a senior NT future with us since he doesn't have the skill that Leweling & Knauff do, but he's been developing well and was really lively in their last match.

I didn't see it, but our '05ers beat France's 3-0 in a friendly today. I really hope that generation makes the step to the senior level better than the '00ers did, because those kids were rolling everyone through the U17s...now Burkardt is the only exciting talent from that age group.

Luckily the likes of Wanner, Weiper, Bischof, Raebiger, etc. are already starting to break through at the senior level.

EDIT:
I still can't even find lineups for the match, nevermind a replay, but looking on another forum I used to post on, I found this from the german-evilo who posts there:

the technical and passing skills of 05s is really good stuff. Also a lot of pressing and going in for duals too.

fun to see di Benedetto with ease and twist and turn dribbles past 2 Frenchies, Ulrich dribbling by 2 Frenchies with ease and list goes on and on.

Bischof is classy player and pretty good in that FK+Corner taker too. Could be our 1st player who can make a difference there since Kroos too. Samardzic was good in this area but he's gone now.

I think Baum gonna make himself 1st choice RB for 2005 born over Walde-Manuba from U17 days. Had a fantastic play where he dribbled past 2 Frenchies then a throughball that destroyed the French M and D for Weiper onside went behind and had 1v1 with GK but shot on GK, would have been another assist. Baum is also 1 of 4 RBs from 2005 who have made some pro progress this season. As he did sign pro contract+1st training/friendlies.

CBs Bornschein (making debut for dfb from HSV) and Barthel (Schalke) did well. Funny thing is that Barthel was irrelevant at DFB until THIS season. Back in U17 days dfb was fixating on Likaj (also from Schalke) but now Barthel has made Likaj irrelevant not talking about only DFB but also Schalke U19 too. I'm okay with that its better if full German does better than dual. But this highlights like Manuba how players lose relevance post U17 and others gain it.

Maza (who also showed solo potential) should have scored once in 2nd half very good chance but completely flopped the shot. Weiper should have scored hat trick in 2nd half too, LMAO. Weiper does show ability to go solo and dribbling too, doesn't need to back pass or wait for others like other CFs do. That's what's fun about his complete package.

what I like about the 2005 age group is one legit feels like you can legit play an XI where every player has dribbling and technical skills even the fullback, CBs and GK too, like whole XI.

what I'm looking forward is for ALL of them including not called up in breakingthrough 1BL ASAP. Its already good that a lot of them already playing pro and A LOT of them already signing pro contracts and 1st training this season.

said it before if huge amount of 2005 make Senior NT.....who cares, fine by me. Age groups are irrelevant what matters is quality of players and there is loads here. And I do think a pretty good amount of 2005s gonna be Senior NT future too.

EDIT2:
Now I see why this game went 3-0 when last week we conceded 4 to these same French kids; Buchmann started this time...

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Man that first half against Italy really cost our U19s. Without that disaster, they would have topped their group...instead, they're out at the elite round. Oh well, much more interested in how they do next year when the 05ers will move up from the U18s...plus now some of the U19s can join the U21s for the Euros.

The U17s let Spain jump them for first, but they are the 2nd best 2nd place finisher.

And our U21s are already qualified for this summer's euros...though too many of our kids have graduated to the senior team for us to send too loaded of a squad; even if we're healthy & they get Wanner. Best case scenario given the graduates would be something like:

Burkardt - Schade
Wanner
Netz - Martel - Stiller - Knauff
Dardai - Thiaw - Beyer*
Atubolu

*Gechter, Morgalla, Rothe, Arrey Mbi, Bisseck​

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Aleix Garrido has been called up to the first team by Xavi. He’s my favorite and one of the best La Masia talents. Apparently Xavi was going to call him previously but he was injured. That said I’m hoping if any of the youngsters get minutes it’s Pablo Torre. He’s not been given enough chances. Xavi said he’s the best free kick taker in the team.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Aleix Garrido has been called up to the first team by Xavi. He’s my favorite and one of the best La Masia talents. Apparently Xavi was going to call him previously but he was injured. That said I’m hoping if any of the youngsters get minutes it’s Pablo Torre. He’s not been given enough chances. Xavi said he’s the best free kick taker in the team.
Can he play DM?

Pretty sure that's Messi

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can he play DM?

Pretty sure that's Messi

Torre? No, not if you ask me. Garrido, again, really no. Pretty sure it’s Prim who is the DM when Garrido is playing. Garrido‘s passing is wasted that far back if you ask me. I think Xavi called up Casado, so he’d be the DM option. Hope he gets minute too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Torre? No, not if you ask me. Garrido, again, really no. Pretty sure it’s Prim who is the DM when Garrido is playing. Garrido‘s passing is wasted that far back if you ask me. I think Xavi called up Casado, so he’d be the DM option. Hope he gets minute too.
I meant Garrido since the midifeld is way too crowded.

A goal and 2 assists for this crack in 45 mins. He along with Prestanni are hyper to be the two next big things from Argentina.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

A goal and 2 assists for this crack in 45 mins. He along with Prestanni are hyper to be the two next big things from Argentina.

Which is exactly why you don’t waste your time and money on Gundogan.

Just picked up Echeverri in the keeper league I’m in. Got him for the league minimum. Another player in the same tournament I missed out on (but was offered in a trade), Kendry Paez of Colombia, is having a great start too.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Three assists and a goal but far more than that from El Diabilto. His talent has been known about for years. He is the next crack from the River academy an academy that beat all the European academies many times. I hope he stays with River until he is at least twenty or so but he's on another level. Mastantuono is not far off either for River too but he Echeverri is mature beyond his years.

Spatial awareness incredibly high. Patience on the ball again the same. Passing range all over the pitch. Dribbling comfortable in tightest of spaces. Goals. He can finish when required. The class players stand out when they address the ball and he has that plus so much time especially at this level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just wanted to gush about Eric Martel some more. He and Manu Kone really went at it today and it was a phenomenal battle up & down the midfield.

Martel's long passing still needs a degree of polish I don't know he'll be able to get with Baumgart's boys; but his defensive instincts/work, pressing-resistance, and vision are cool to see from a 20yo with his size & athleticism.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just wanted to gush about Eric Martel some more. He and Manu Kone really went at it today and it was a phenomenal battle up & down the midfield.

Martel's long passing still needs a degree of polish I don't know he'll be able to get with Baumgart's boys; but his defensive instincts/work, pressing-resistance, and vision are cool to see from a 20yo with his size & athleticism.

I was considering him for my keeper teams when I had one spot left. I decided to go for Juan Sforza instead only to find out someone else had him when it was too late. I don’t really need either. We’ll see when the Winter window opens, but I have so many players ahead of him already I’m not sure I need him. Good looking player though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was considering him for my keeper teams when I had one spot left. I decided to go for Juan Sforza instead only to find out someone else had him when it was too late. I don’t really need either. We’ll see when the Winter window opens, but I have so many players ahead of him already I’m not sure I need him. Good looking player though.

He's been sticking out in a good way whenever I've watched Köln this season. Very good defensively, both physically in battles and positionally with reading the play; with nifty pressing-resistence.

Those longballs just need more precision and he'll be ready for big things.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He's been sticking out in a good way whenever I've watched Köln this season. Very good defensively, both physically in battles and positionally with reading the play; with nifty pressing-resistence.

Those longballs just need more precision and he'll be ready for big things.

Well the one thing about him from what I remember is that he’s a bit more well-rounded than some of the other guys I like in that position. Some of the other guys seem to have some really more specific strengths.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well the one thing about him from what I remember is that he’s a bit more well-rounded than some of the other guys I like in that position. Some of the other guys seem to have some really more specific strengths.

Yeah, the only thing I would classify as a weakness is the precision of Martel's long balls, as he has good ideas with the ball he just can't always execute them, and that can be polished.

He reads the play well defensively, has good size & strength to assert himself in duels, the dribbling and passing instincts to avoid pressing, and he's even capable in the opposing box.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Another two goals vs Peru.At this rate he just may make a case for that u20 team but there's isn't much space to be had.

Garnacho-Veliz-Prestianni/Soule
Paz-Buonanotte
Perrone/Infantino

Reactions: John Pedro

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford

Another two goals vs Peru.At this rate he just may make a case for that u20 team but there's isn't much space to be had.

Garnacho-Veliz-Prestianni/Soule
Paz-Buonanotte
Perrone/Infantino

Veliz would not be playing in midfield as a central striker and Prestianni often prefers to drift out wide at present due to his physique. I recommended Veliz to our club and he's doing really well for Rosario Central learning game by game.

Neither Perrone or Infantino convince as the 5. Both are central advanced midfielders. Someone like Redondo junior would be a far better fit. Varela should take the 5 role from Enzo and allow Enzo to play further forward for the seleccion where he can cause havoc.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Veliz would not be playing in midfield as a central striker and Prestianni often prefers to drift out wide at present due to his physique. I recommended Veliz to our club and he's doing really well for Rosario Central learning game by game.

Neither Perrone or Infantino convince as the 5. Both are central advanced midfielders. Someone like Redondo junior would be a far better fit. Varela should take the 5 role from Enzo and allow Enzo to play further forward for the seleccion where he can cause havoc.
Veliz played as a striker in the SA u20s it’ll be him or Castro as the 9 no?

Redondo is another option or the that new comer from Velez. Long term for the NT there isn’t any worry imo. Enzo will be an 8. Once Varela arrives, there’s plenty of other guys too. Vera? Sforza?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Moukoko, Martel, & Weiper all scored today. The first two scored the game-winners in their matches and Weiper's would've won it for Mainz had Füllkrug not equalized in the 90+5th minute.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Veliz played as a striker in the SA u20s it’ll be him or Castro as the 9 no?

Redondo is another option or the that new comer from Velez. Long term for the NT there isn’t any worry imo. Enzo will be an 8. Once Varela arrives, there’s plenty of other guys too. Vera? Sforza?

Vera has played solidly in Brazil, for Argentinos and the u20. Sforza has blown hot and cold and is on that list for the Italian FA. Given the level of our midfield at the moment and what is coming through he is on the periphery. Most disappointing is Matias Palacios. I don't think we'll be relying on him after his initial promise.

For the strikers Puch is the one to watch ahead of Castro. Jose Lopez as a classic target man. Panichelli is now at Alaves having left River and has some talent too for that target role. Lautaro is a concern in that he blows hot and cold. Other than that the amount of talent at the disposal of the seleccion is the biggest it has been for two decades or more.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Vera has played solidly in Brazil, for Argentinos and the u20. Sforza has blown hot and cold and is on that list for the Italian FA. Given the level of our midfield at the moment and what is coming through he is on the periphery. Most disappointing is Matias Palacios. I don't think we'll be relying on him after his initial promise.

For the strikers Puch is the one to watch ahead of Castro. Jose Lopez as a classic target man. Panichelli is now at Alaves having left River and has some talent too for that target role. Lautaro is a concern in that he blows hot and cold. Other than that the amount of talent at the disposal of the seleccion is the biggest it has been for two decades or more.
It doesn't mean they will get him. He looks promising so hopefully he is patient. Matias Palacios? He isn't a DM but yeah such a disappointment went for money.

Meh for the NT its not really a concern as their will always be a player that pops up. Plus Alvarez still has that spot nailed down for awhile 2 WC at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad