Snoop Dogg Claims That Many NHL Players Smoke Weed During the Season (with him)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I've personally smoked weed with a couple of NHLers while they were in town during the regular season. Has happened more than once so I have to assume it's a common occurrence. One time the NHLer supplied the stash :laugh:

This was even before it was widely legal in North America.

• Love
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Quite frankly, I prefer to consume cannabis (specifically edibles) to drinking. Yes, they both sort of provide the same effects BUT:
1) there's pretty much no hang over after consuming "too much" cannabis
2) Anecdotally, I've never made stupid decisions to drive a vehicle or the like while high. a.e you still keep your wits about you to an extent.

Reactions: trostol

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
But you get alcohol? And no one gets stupid when they drink? Some people become complete assholes. I've never seen the same happen with weed.

I get alcohol to some extent, since its liquid courage. Even cocaine is the same way. Weed is just shutting down your brain and being dumb for a while.

Edit: Ofc people get stupid when they drink, but that is not the main point. The entire point of weed is to shut down your brain.

Also, the health effects of doing alcohol och cocaine wrong is obviously devastating, but most often people getting there was trying to get some good effects, not bad - unlike the ones doing weed.

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
NHL should embrace it like they have with gambling. It's a huge money industry now. Where I live there's a legal pot shop on every street corner.
Imagine if they marketed it. Have arenas with weed sponsorship, digital ads on boards.
Why not?
I'm with you, but everything related to hockey (that isn't the actual sport) just doesn't mix with weed culture. Heavy rock music, aggressiveness, combativeness, etc is like oil to weed's water lol

Reactions: Boomstick

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I get alcohol to some extent, since its liquid courage. Even cocaine is the same way. Weed is just shutting down your brain and being dumb for a while.

Edit: Ofc people get stupid when they drink, but that is not the main point. The entire point of weed is to shut down your brain.

Also, the health effects of doing alcohol och cocaine wrong is obviously devastating, but most often people getting there was trying to get some good effects, not bad - unlike the ones doing weed.
Weed also enhances senses. Food can taste better. Music can hit the soul harder. Video games/movies look cooler. An animal's fur feels softer. Etc... It releases dopamine like many other drugs do.

"The main psychoactive ingredient, THC, stimulates the part of your brain that responds to pleasure, like food and sex. That unleashes a chemical called dopamine, which gives you a euphoric, relaxed feeling."

It's not like you're sitting on the couch drooling in your oatmeal...unless you smoke way too much!

There also may be benefits in pain management, but I don't think there's enough research in that area yet.

It also can't be understated how much safer it is that cocaine and alcohol. Especially cocaine. Mac Miller recently died because his cocaine had fentanyl in it.

Last edited:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005

You are seriously misinformed. This entire post reeks of ignorance.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
There are a world od difference in the weed world lol

You can smoke some heavy indica and have the brain in the "jello" or you can smoke some sativa/hybrid for a boost of energy while having the giggly

Some ppl are indeed really bad informed

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
So, you don't think the WHO has been wrong on...stuff? It's all a 'conspiracy'? Uh huh.

Oh btw I don't think alcohol is good at any amounts. Obviously a beer every so often isn't going to kill you though.

Too funny.

Another beloved member of our “FRINGE.”

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Good. Would rather they smoke weed than take addictive painkillers.

(And yes, before anyone makes a smart-ass reply, I am aware that there is also a cocaine problem in the league)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad