Proposal: Skinner to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
And I am quite objective about skinner. I have absolutely no interest in his success or failure or mediocrity.

And yet, you have devoted a tremendous amount of time, energy and internet bandwidth arguing against him while at the same time totally ignoring any point made that contradicts any of your own narrative.

Why? If you "have absolutely no interest" in a topic, why continue to argue on it for, what has it been? 5 days now?

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
And yet, you have devoted a tremendous amount of time, energy and internet bandwidth arguing against him while at the same time totally ignoring any point made that contradicts any of your own narrative.

Why? If you "have absolutely no interest" in a topic, why continue to argue on it for, what has it been? 5 days now?

Why? Because I've been been called everything short of an idiot. And if you actually go and read my early posts you will see me say skinner is a great player but I'm leery of concussions. That's all I've said regarding the main issue. Then, people had to get personal, because they refuse to accept that skinner has had concussions and that is something that affects trade value.

Sorry about using your precious bandwidth. Didn't realize that's actually a point of contention around here.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I hope it was Boom Boom's wife you slept with, he jumped a few levels in that marriage.

You got that all wrong. We don't care about that wife thing but messln' with my dog or my guns or, heaven forbid, my pick up truck....well them's fightin' words...

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
You got that all wrong. We don't care about that wife thing but messln' with my dog or my guns or, heaven forbid, my pick up truck....well theme fightin' words...

But what if she thinks my truck is sexy? What if it turns her on?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So was it your "objective opinion" that Skinner would be traded for a 3-4 defenseman?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Then, people had to get personal, because they refuse to accept that skinner has had concussions and that is something that affects trade value.

:laugh: I noticed back pages ago you were really quick to go with the "personal attack" angle when no such things were being said. I would love to see a list of these so-called "personal attacks," because I don't see any of it.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
So was it your "objective opinion" that Skinner would be traded for a 3-4 defenseman?

Please stop with the personal attacks

for the sake of ur pride, i am going to presume that yuo posted thsi from ur phone, but the irony of you pointing out proper english, then using the wrong word in a sentence is glorious

You too! Stop it! Bad CI! Bad, bad, bad!!

I hope it was Boom Boom's wife you slept with, he jumped a few levels in that marriage.

Now you're accusing him of being an adulterer. Nice. OVER THE LINE!

You know, the reason why nobody has told you why Skinner holds high value is because everybody thought it was obvious...

He's 24, has had two 30-goal seasons, and just put up 28 goals last year (on one of the lowest scoring teams in the league).

But if you don't think he's valuable, Carolina is more than happy to keep him...which is what Canes fans used to say everytime a Skinner proposal was made. Since comments like that were ignored, we've found sarcasm and drinking to be a much better use of time.

By gosh, now you've done it. Unacceptable! We need to establish a safe zone for BM, stat

No wonder Canes fans have been called "ruthless" and "savage" on this board. This is clearly unacceptable commentary! I have not seen such an avalanche of verbal abuse heaped upon an individual like this in quite some time.

Last edited:

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
Please stop with the personal attacks

You too! Stop it! Bad CI! Bad, bad, bad!!

Now you're accusing him of being an adulterer. Nice. OVER THE LINE!

By gosh, now you've done it. Unacceptable! We need to establish a safe zone for BM, stat

No wonder Canes fans have been called "ruthless" and "savage" on this board. This is clearly unacceptable commentary! I have not seen such an avalanche of verbal abuse heaped upon an individual like this in quite some time.

Well done! When there's nothing left to say, resort to sophomoric sarcasm. It's very clever.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Alright, I'm done with these boards. Happy trails, hockey fans.

tumblr_nif0ymeGe21tgisego1_500.gif

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Really don't know what got into Mike there, might have been all the pain killers from his back problems.

If Skinner didn't have value because of his concussions, then the same could have been said for Louis Eriksson...however, he obviously got paid and is older. Skinner without a doubt, could draw a pretty decent return. I just don't see why Carolina would trade him unless someone outrageously overpaid (Benning on Benadryl time?). He fits the mold of what every team looks for. Young, check. Offensively gifted, check. Decent two way game, well, good enough check.

I wonder if MB would be acting the same way if it was 1991 and teams were offering garbage for a disgruntled Patty Lafontaine because of his concussion issues?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i thought page 3 was the start of a great friendship between Bossy Mike and Carolinas Identity but things took a turn for the worse on page 10..

quality soap opera

Greg Schuler

Apr 3, 2012
Done. Skinner is one hit away from his career being over.

Just like every player in the NHL. The fact is that Skinner has not had a significant injury the past two seasons. And if Skinner is so fragile, how has he survived this long? If anything, the awareness of head injuries has made the game a tad bit safer, but how about those knees or shoulders or backs or any other part of the body that can fail? Every NHL is one hit away from a career ending injury.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Just like every player in the NHL. The fact is that Skinner has not had a significant injury the past two seasons. And if Skinner is so fragile, how has he survived this long? If anything, the awareness of head injuries has made the game a tad bit safer, but how about those knees or shoulders or backs or any other part of the body that can fail? Every NHL is one hit away from a career ending injury.

Skinner might be actually less likely to receive a big hit at this point. Shortly after his concussion issues Skinner became fairly ineffective as a perimeter player. He has really molded and adapted his game over the past couple seasons to become a very dangerous scorer from all areas of the ice. His injuries necessitated that he played with more awareness which has in-turn actually helped his offensive game.

Skinner is a 24 year old, 30 goal scorer on one of the worst offensive teams in the league. If the Canes can find a great playmaker (TT? Aho?) to flank Rask-Skinner then I think its possible for him to pot 40 goals.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
But what if she thinks my truck is sexy? What if it turns her on?

i do not listen to a lot of country music, but i am p sure that the line is tractor

not truck

i thought page 3 was the start of a great friendship between Bossy Mike and Carolinas Identity but things took a turn for the worse on page 10..

quality soap opera

i made the biggest heel turn since charlotte won the diva's title*

* - jk

i have always been the heel, just sometimes i like to go full machiavellian to lure ppl into my ingenious traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad