Proposal: Skinner to NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I did not know that, so thanks for passing that along.

Like I said, the first response was a simple "NO" and the OP then followed it up with his "Wake up" comment. Again, not really a way to encourage a serious and civil discussion, wouldn't you agree?

As for the "snide" remarks? That's fine. We're just having a little fun and if you don't care for them, that's your prerogative and I'm fine with that. As you said, to each his own.

I'm just having fun with it as well. I don't get pissy especially after I found out this was all a big joke. I did find your lack of Stripes quotes "disturbing" = )

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
take a hike man.....and stop trying to be funny. because you really suck at it.

med_gallery_56225_1038_62827.jpg

I found it funny (and got in a Stripes meme)

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Look, I get that Canes fans are amped about Skinner, but he has some very real, documented risks, that justify serious consideration of a trade like this:

Concussions

Fighting in the locker room

Drunk driving

Drug dependency

Elder abuse

Fetal alcohol syndrome

Smurfism

Scurvy

Plaque psoriasis

Dengue fever

Microcephaly

Confirmed Membership of the Whig Party of 1848

Would Confirmed membership of the Whig party of 1848 be considered an 'upper body injury' or a 'lower body injury'?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Would Confirmed membership of the Whig party of 1848 be considered an 'upper body injury' or a 'lower body injury'?

Such poor judgement could only be attributed to Skinner's many, many concussions.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
"objectivity" and "opinion" do not belong in the same claim. you definitely should give up.

Objective and subjective are both types of opinions. An objective opinion is one that is based on unbiased observation. A subjective opinion is based on emotional bias. But hey, why let English get in the way of your agenda.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
you don't know what you are talking about and are acting like you do, and are carpet-bombing your posts with irrelevant appeals to your own (undisplayed) objectivity. you also still haven't given up.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
you don't know what you are talking about and are acting like you do, and are carpet-bombing your posts with irrelevant appeals to your own (undisplayed) objectivity. you also still haven't given up.

You just stated that objectivity and opionion are not compatible words. When, in fact, objectivity is by definition an opinion. I'm not going to argue Enlish anymore with someone who can't even grasp grade-school level English.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
You just stated that objectivity and opionion are not compatible words. When, in fact, objectivity is by definition an opinion. I'm not going to argue Enlish anymore with someone who can't even grasp grade-school level English.

Objectivity and the nonsense you have spouted in this thread don't belong on the same universe together. This diatribe about the English language is just foolishness.

Why is this thread still a thing? If it were a poor offer for a large market team this thing would have been locked pages ago. Can we get some semblance of parity here?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Objectivity and the nonsense you have spouted in this thread don't belong on the same universe together. This diatribe about the English language is just foolishness.

Why is this thread still a thing? If it were a poor offer for a large market team this thing would have been locked pages ago. Can we get some semblance of parity here?

no one cares about us tbh

i doubt most of the mods even read carolina threads on this board, and even when they do, i bet it is with a look of haughty derision :laugh:

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
It is my objective opionion that this thread will be locked soon, and that the act of locking the thread will give Jeffrey Skinner another concussion.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016

Vorbis tried to deride my opinion by stating that opinions cannot be objective. I merely explained how he was incorrect. He is the one who commented on my (correctly used) English. Maybe you should ask him why he had to erroneously bring grammar into the discussion.

And I am quite objective about skinner. I have absolutely no interest in his success or failure or mediocrity. However he ends up. I just stated that he is a risky player to trade a good prospect for. All of a sudden, the Canes fans got defensive. As of I slept with their wives and kicked their dogs. My opinion is just that. No more or less valid than yours.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Vorbis tried to deride my opinion by stating that opinions cannot be objective. I merely explained how he was incorrect. He is the one who commented on my (correctly used) English. Maybe you should ask him why he had to erroneously bring grammar into the discussion.

And I am quite objective about skinner. I have absolutely no interest in his success or failure or mediocrity. However he ends up. I just stated that he is a risky player to trade a good prospect for. All of a sudden, the Canes fans got defensive. As of I slept with their wives and kicked their dogs. My opinion is just that. No more or less valid than yours.

for the sake of ur pride, i am going to presume that yuo posted thsi from ur phone, but the irony of you pointing out proper english, then using the wrong word in a sentence is glorious

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
for the sake of ur pride, i am going to presume that yuo posted thsi from ur phone, but the irony of you pointing out proper english, then using the wrong word in a sentence is glorious

There's a difference between typos and not knowing proper usage of words. Or am I wrong about that, too?

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
This would be a lot simpler if anyone bothered to acknowledge that Vorbis was incorrect in stating that "objective" and "opinion" are not mutually exclusive. But we're all to big to admit a mistake.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
When did I proclaim to be ran English major? Or is this just another defensive exaggeration of my posts?

lol

where i defensive at all?

i just called out ur litany of flumadiddle filled posts

This would be a lot simpler if anyone bothered to acknowledge that Vorbis was incorrect in stating that "objective" and "opinion" are not mutually exclusive. But we're all to big to admit a mistake.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad