• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

At 52mins, Sam Cosentino is invited and he names the Ds, Demidov, Iginla, Lindstrom, Sennecke.

Sam Consentino had Lindstrom 16 then he f***ed up his back and now he's top 5. What did I miss? Are we being played here?

Meanwhile Catton produced at a level only Crosby, Kane and Bedard could do and was pushed out of the top 5. :whaaa?:

I also posted this in the draft thread because it's Catton's day 👋

His November rankings;

1000005175.jpg

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Not sure what you mean by "overruled." Gainey was Timmins' boss. He didn't have to "overrule" him. It was his decision. Same with HuGo (mostly Go). They do not have to manage the team by consensus if they don't want to. That was my point.
You falsely claimed it was "against the advice of Timmins" that's what I'm objecting to.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I have a pretty good idea.

Bob Mackenzie's list is always based on a poll of scouts that work for NHL teams.

Jan 22nd Lindstrom was 5th
May 6th Lindstrom was 5th ( no change)

His final list will be out tomorrow. What do you want to bet that he is still 5th or close to it???

It is a poll of 10 scouts who have varying degress of influence and only represent their singular opinion which still has to run the gauntlet of being vetted by his organization's fellow scouts. It is a miniscule sample from less than a third of the teams coming from people who play a small role in the final say of who gets drafted. There is also the fact that some of these scouts are likely to be less than honest about players that they want to stay off of the radar and may even promote players that they want other teams to take.

Comparing Wheeler to Mackenzie is like comparing Gretzky to Desharnais.....Mackenzie's opinions are much better than the rest of the pack but are still very flawed.

At the end of the day are you actually of the belief that any of these teams share their internal draft list with any media personality???.....if so, you are grossly mistaken.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
it's sad but unless he has the new surgery they are doing in Germany , he will be in pain for life. I wanted us to draft that kid so bad but now I'm worried they will.
:(

I don't think that's true. At that age you can heal fully from this if it's not too advanced. That's why he missed all that time, and he's not training before July.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
It is a poll of 10 scouts who have varying degress of influence and only represent their singular opinion which still has to run the gauntlet of being vetted by his organization's fellow scouts. It is a miniscule sample from less than a third of the teams coming from people who play a small role in the final say of who gets drafted. There is also the fact that some of these scouts are likely to be less than honest about players that they want to stay off of the radar and may even promote players that they want other teams to take.

Comparing Wheeler to Mackenzie is like comparing Gretzky to Desharnais.....Mackenzie's opinions are much better than the rest of the pack but are still very flawed.

At the end of the day are you actually of the belief that any of these teams share their internal draft list with any media personality???.....if so, you are grossly mistaken.
He is remarkably accurate with his list, so yea I think he gets private info.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

The 10 are mostly all head scouts and directors of player personnel, the people in charge. A third of teams is a pretty significant sample, in no way is it minuscule.

Reactions: Rapala

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The 10 are mostly all head scouts and directors of player personnel, the people in charge. A third of teams is a pretty significant sample, in no way is it minuscule.

He has said in the past that some of them hold such positions and others do not.....it is a mixed bag and we don't know what the ratio is and even if we did it is still just one person's opinion and they are not reflecting the organizational consensus. We don't even know how honest they are actually being either.

Bob literally says every year that a poll of 10 other scouts could very likely yield very different results.....the sample is minuscule and flawed.

It is still the most interesting poll for myself but it doesn't actually mean that much.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He has said in the past that some of them hold such positions and others do not.....it is a mixed bag and we don't know what the ratio is and even if we did it is still just one person's opinion and they are not reflecting the organizational consensus. We don't even know how honest they are actually being either.

Bob literally says every year that a poll of 10 other scouts could very likely yield very different results.....the sample is minuscule and flawed.

It is still the most interesting poll for myself but it doesn't actually mean that much.

What he said in the past was that 9/10 were head scouts or directors of player personnel. Every poll is flawed by definition, but this isn't a minuscule sample, it's a significant one and the reason why his list is so accurate.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
it's sad but unless he has the new surgery they are doing in Germany , he will be in pain for life. I wanted us to draft that kid so bad but now I'm worried they will.
Do you have a link for that German surgery? I have a herniated L5-S1 and it is crippling. I’m told procedures done here have a low success rate.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Do you have a link for that German surgery? I have a herniated L5-S1 and it is crippling. I’m told procedures done here have a low success rate.

Friend of mine is going there I'll ask him. They no longer have to open your entire torso up to do it, they just make a small hole and go in through the front and have a very very high success rate. He's paying a lot of money for it though, I hear they are the best. Years ago they opened you up and went in from behind the liver and put all your organs on the table, now its a lot easier.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What he said in the past was that 9/10 were head scouts or directors of player personnel. Every poll is flawed by definition, but this isn't a minuscule sample, it's a significant one and the reason why his list is so accurate.

You understand that 10 people out of hundreds of scouts does not represent anything more than a minuscule sample....he has said it himself so take it up with him lol.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Friend of mine is going there I'll ask him. They no longer have to open your entire torso up to do it, they just make a small hole and go in through the front and have a very very high success rate. He's paying a lot of money for it though, I hear they are the best. Years ago they opened you up and went in from behind the liver and put all your organs on the table, now its a lot easier.
Yikes, I figured they accessed via the back at an angle. Thanks for asking, I appreciate it!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Feel your pain.................L3 bulging, L4 bulging, and L5 S1 bulging and herniated.......chronic pain, and they will not operate.....
Haven't played golf in 3 years since this MRI.
Sadly, brutal.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I just can't see them taking an LD at 5. You are basically putting your balls on the line that they are a number 1 defenseman in the league.

You won't survive passing on offensive talents two years in a row if you don't assemble one of the best defense groups ever built.. especially if you're picking a left shot defenseman which is our greatest strength.
Maybe our management isn't as high on 'our greatest strength' as many here are. I think if you have a chance to draft a game breaker, whether at forward or on defence and whether that game breaker plays a position that is a strength of your prospects, you have to take that player.

Montreal is an improving team and will be drafting considerably lower in the years ahead. Consequently our chances of drafting a game breaking type of player will become increasingly unlikely. If Hughes and Co. think Buium is the best player on the board at 5 OA, I have little doubt that our supposed positional strength will act as no deterrence in his decision making.

If you have a chance to grab a game changing type of player, you do so unhesitatingly.

Feel your pain.................L3 bulging, L4 bulging, and L5 S1 bulging and herniated.......chronic pain, and they will not operate.....
Haven't played golf in 3 years since this MRI.
Sadly, brutal.
Sorry to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27 and BLONG7

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I still wonder what would be the discussion like if we drafted Michkov last year, especially now that it seems he will come to play here in 2024.
We would have secured a possibly elite forward for our second line, and could focus on drafting our top pairing defenseman in a D top heavy draft like Buium, Silayev or Dickinson (or even Levshunov) instead of worring about filling the top 6 F need this season where the 3 best forward of the draft (Celibrini, Demidov and Lindstrom) will most likely be gone when we pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapSpace and Habs

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
What is the procedure? Is it a synthetic disc, akin to Eichel, or something involving stem cells? I'm intrigued as a biomedical engineer, where part of my work deals with the spine. https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1007/978-3-030-90874-4_2

Lindstrom is indeed a polarizing player. I can see the appeal of the player if the severity were minor. But this is a brutal contact sport, and I cannot see anywhere that says he released MRI data to medical teams. He could appear to be having nothing to hide and be collaborating fully... while still not divulging everything.

The severity matters, and the location matters, where the lumbar area bears more weight than the thoracic and cervical. I know nothing about all this, but on the balance there are arguments for safer options with similarly high ceilings.

Edit. I think I found it. Leading Spinal Disc & Facet Joint Replacement Surgeons | Spine Connection
Artificial disc replacement ADR. They try to avoid fusion of vertebrae, and they advertise a minimally invasive approach. Looks state of the art, though it's possible that a place like Mayo Clinic offers similar care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
You are describing a navigated minimally invasive procedure, possibly involving a robotic approach. I suspect that this is also done in the US. It's true that healing is faster as a result. I don't know if it alleviates the need to fuse vertebrae though, unless I am missing something.

Reactions: Runner77 and BLONG7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad