Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I guarantee you a herniated disc is worse than the other injuries.
I have no way to know if that is true or not and neither do you.

However I do know that most, if not all NHL teams have checked his medical records and he seems to be sticking in the top 5. Every one of those teams have a medical staff that is far smarter and better equipped to make that call than either of us.

Ill trust their judgement over some "internet doctor" any day.

Reactions: Sorinth

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Herniated disc does suck, I speak from experience. It gets better, but never fully heal. Don't need to be a doctor to know this, this is common general knowledge.
Obviously but a certain someone is speaking like hes 100% going to bust when there are actual doctors looking at his file and most likely doing physical check ups them selves.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

However I do know that most, if not all NHL teams have checked his medical records and he seems to be sticking in the top 5. Every one of those teams have a medical staff that is far smarter and better equipped to make that call than either of us.

You have no way of knowing if a herniated disc is worse than a sprained ankle or wtv the hell the other players have?

Bruh.

Obviously but a certain someone is speaking like hes 100% going to bust when there are actual doctors looking at his file and most likely doing physical check ups them selves.

No one is saying he's going to 'bust' because of it.

But there's a strong chance it's going to be a constant uphill battle for him throughout his career because of it.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The nature of how he plays + the nature of his injury vs. other prospects available at 5OA vs. the Habs' needs.

Bad injury + needs to play physical to thrive vs. very good other prospects vs. the Habs don't need another unicorn powerforward as much as they need pretty much any other profile of player.
Habs will make their own evaluation of his game, his physical condition, hability to get to the next level, psychologic, etc. The unicorn attribute is a bit early or very exagerated. We don't know yet.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

"Some" posters around here said they were ER physicians with 15 years of experience and wrote they thought a herniated disc with sciatlagia is really concerning for a 18 y old hockey player but were told by HFBoarders they are no spine neurosurgeon so they don't know sh**.:sarcasm:

At some point a spine neurosurgeon would post about it here and would be told he has not seen the kid's MRI so he doesn't know sh**.

People here do not want to hear things that do not fit their narrative, so forget about it.

That herniated disc OF COURSE more concerning than Demidov's ankle sprain. No doctor in the world will be able to say drafting this kid is safe, no matter the MRI or the physical.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
"Some" posters around here said they were ER physicians with 15 years of experience and wrote they thought a herniated disc with sciatlagia is really concerning for a 18 y old hockey player but were told by HFBoarders they are no spine neurosurgeon so they don't know sh**.:sarcasm:

At some point a spine neurosurgeon would post about it here and would be told he has not seen the kid's MRI so he doesn't know sh**.

People here do not want to hear things that do not fit their narrative, so forget about it.

That herniated disc OF COURSE more concerning than Demidov's ankle sprain. No doctor in the world will be able to say drafting this kid is safe, no matter the MRI or the physical.

Weird that 32 medical staffs had a look at his imagery and his stock rose after doing so rather than fell.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Weird that 32 medical staffs had a look at his imagery and his stock rose after doing so rather than fell.
How do you know his stock rose??? lol Because Pronman thought so?

No team will ever go to sport journalists "hey there is no way we draft a kid with a herniated disc with our pick in the top 10". What would they gain by doing so?

Reactions: Runner77 and ReHabs

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How do you know his stock rose??? lol Because Pronman thought so?

No team will ever go to sport journalists "hey there is no way we draft a kid with a herniated disc with our pick in the top 10". What would they gain by doing so?

Because every person leaving the combine had the same sense from everyone they talked to.

They all said they felt way better about his medical situation after the combine.

If there was any hesitancy at all the messaging would have been that there's still some questions lingering.

Even Basu and Godin who left the combine specifically looking for information on Lindstrom, left thinking that the possibility of Lindstrom being there at 5 was less likely than it was before and that Demidov was more likely to be there than before.

But yeah, some so called medical experts on a hockey forum without ever seeing any medical imaging or doing any type of physiological assessment of the individual, are in a much better place to make that determination. No responsible medical professional would even give such an adamant statement toward an individuals medical outlook without that information.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Because every person leaving the combine had the same sense from everyone they talked to.

They all said they felt way better about his medical situation after the combine.

If there was any hesitancy at all the messaging would have been that there's still some questions lingering.

Even Basu and Godin who left the combine specifically looking for information on Lindstrom, left thinking that the possibility of Lindstrom being there at 5 was less likely than it was before and that Demidov was more likely to be there than before.

But yeah, some so called medical experts on a hockey forum without ever seeing any medical imaging or doing any type of physiological assessment of the individual, are in a much better place to make that determination. No responsible medical professional would even give such an adamant statement toward an individuals medical outlook without that information.
No need for talking to you anymore .You keep attacking people and saying they are not "responsible professionals" because they say a herniated disc with sciatica is a real cause for concern for any hockey player, no matter how they feel "at the moment".

Keep living in your world where everyone that is not validating what you wanna hear are irresponsible idiots.

Reactions: ReHabs and GoodKiwi

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

You know no such thing as you have absolute no clue what any NHL team's list looks like.....

Reactions: crosbyshow and mdk

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Tbh,

I'm okay with a lot of selections,

What I'm not okay with is drafting an 18yr old who already has herniated disc(s) in his back. Lindstrom needs to be on our DND list, however some so-called insiders are saying he is our guy if he is available, which is scary to me.
This is not the draft to be gambling on at 5 OA. There are many other viable options who come with a similar level of ability/ upside and far less risk.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
As someone who has dealt with herniated disc the last 10 years… Do not Draft.

Lindstrom will be injured more than Dach.
With his injury history it would not be surprising to see this player drop out of the top ten.

Tough break for this kid. But professional sports can be, and often is, a cruel enterprise.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It is worrisome...

After his shoulder surgery, Caufield looks more human than ever before in regards to his shot.

Hopefully it was just an adjustment year/period and he goes back to his old self...
We’ll see. He should improve somewhat. If he doesn’t, he’s a really good 2nd line player. But it’s a setback for us big teams time.

Doc’s say most patients are 100 percent in three years. Let us pray.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Iirc it was Rollie Mélançon (G coach at the time) who was adamant Price was as a generational G, Timmins wanted Staal and Savard wanted Kopitar.

Timmins was fully behind the pick

"TIMMINS I had to step up and present the final decision, and I did that with full support of Elmer Benning and Trent McLeary, who were scouting out west for us at the time. They were in full support and really believed in Price. I had Billy Berglund, who worked for us in the U.S., and he was an ex-goalie who worked as a goalie coach in the NCAA and at the pro level, and he really liked Price as well. It’s always a group decision, and at the end someone has to step up and put their stamp on it. Bob [Gainey] fully endorsed it. He supported his team.”

"GAINEY My role as GM didn’t put me deeply in the recruitment/assessment area. I had given Trevor and his right-hand guys that responsibility and felt that I needed to allow them to make their pick. Price was the recommendation of the scouting staff, and that’s what we went with."

Reactions: Paddy17

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
It's false that Gainey overruled Timmins to draft Price.
Not sure what you mean by "overruled." Gainey was Timmins' boss. He didn't have to "overrule" him. It was his decision. Same with HuGo (mostly Go). They do not have to manage the team by consensus if they don't want to. That was my point.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

I sue doctors all the time. A lot of them think they know everything about everything medical because they went to medical school. That's how a lot of them get into the trouble. On the other hand, it is good for business (mine).

Reactions: Beer and Chips

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
You know no such thing as you have absolute no clue what any NHL team's list looks like.....
I have a pretty good idea.

Bob Mackenzie's list is always based on a poll of scouts that work for NHL teams.

Jan 22nd Lindstrom was 5th
May 6th Lindstrom was 5th ( no change)

His final list will be out tomorrow. What do you want to bet that he is still 5th or close to it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad