Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You're probably right.

But our current Management is goo goo for big goo

Not a bad bet to have 2 of the best snipers from the U.S. National Development Team in Eiserman and Caufield on the same team.

It also technically allows us to deal Caufield down the road....
I'd be far more confident in CC than Eiserman. He's already proven he can do what it takes to be successful in the NHL.

However, that shoulder is a concern. What should've been a 45-50 goal season turned into a sub 30. Hopefully the he recovers and this is a distant memory down the road but if his shot isn't what it was then we're really set back in our rebuild. He's an important piece.

As for Eiserman, I just love the upside. The guy can score no matter what. But the flaws are there. I totally get why so many don't want to touch him. I think he has legit superstar potential but he could also just fall right off. A true boom or bust player.

Reactions: River Meadow

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I can't deny my heart. I'd swing for the fences and trust Catton. His interview on TSN only further validates what we know: he's a high-hockey-IQ type who devours the game. He is NOT pass-first or shy with the puck. The way he gets his points is highly translatable.

We could have our own Jack Hughes.
Like with so many other players in this extraordinary draft, I don’t think too many here would complain bitterly if Catton is our pick at 5 OA. But Catton doesn't have Jack Hughes’ (nor for that matter , Jack’s two brothers’) skating ability. If he did, he would be pushing for 2 OA in this upcoming draft.

Reactions: Gustave

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Tbh,

I'm okay with a lot of selections,

What I'm not okay with is drafting an 18yr old who already has herniated disc(s) in his back. Lindstrom needs to be on our DND list, however some so-called insiders are saying he is our guy if he is available, which is scary to me.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Like with so many other players in this extraordinary draft, I don’t think too many here would complain bitterly if Catton is our pick at 5 OA. But Catton doesn't have Jack Hughes’ (nor for that matter , Jack’s two brothers’) skating ability. If he did, he would be pushing for 2 OA in this upcoming draft.
I don't think his skating will hold him back in any way. Jack Hughes is a phenomenal skater, sure.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I'd be far more confident in CC than Eiserman. He's already proven he can do what it takes to be successful in the NHL.

However, that shoulder is a concern. What should've been a 45-50 goal season turned into a sub 30. Hopefully the he recovers and this is a distant memory down the road but if his shot isn't what it was then we're really set back in our rebuild. He's an important piece.

As for Eiserman, I just love the upside. The guy can score no matter what. But the flaws are there. I totally get why so many don't want to touch him. I think he has legit superstar potential but he could also just fall right off. A true boom or bust player.

It is worrisome...

After his shoulder surgery, Caufield looks more human than ever before in regards to his shot.

Hopefully it was just an adjustment year/period and he goes back to his old self...

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Tbh,

I'm okay with a lot of selections,

What I'm not okay with is drafting an 18yr old who already has herniated disc(s) in his back. Lindstrom needs to be on our DND list, however some so-called insiders are saying he is our guy if he is available, which is scary to me.
I am nervous about him also but his team did hand out his medical records to every team who wanted them and I promise you The Habs team of doctors have gone through that with a fine tooth comb.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I am nervous about him also but his team did hand out his medical records to every team who wanted them and I promise you The Habs team of doctors have gone through that with a fine tooth comb.
The same Habs doctors who let Gallagher and Monahan play on injured feet and who lost the most man-games in NHL history multiple times?

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Nah.

He is damaged goods.

We need to pass.

There are far too many other players who are 100% healthy and fully capable.

Reactions: Habs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Nah.

He is damaged goods.

We need to pass.

There are far too many other players who are 100% healthy and fully capable.
It's crazy some people still want to acquire Lindstrom at 5. There are so many good prospects, why take the "powerforward" with not-great passing and playmaking vision, who needs to play a north-south game to succeed, and has a herniated disc in his back? It seems really risky! What if he gets another injury to the same disc on a routine check?

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
They have all had injuries of some kind and Lindsrtom is the only one you worry about?
The nature of how he plays + the nature of his injury vs. other prospects available at 5OA vs. the Habs' needs.

Bad injury + needs to play physical to thrive vs. very good other prospects vs. the Habs don't need another unicorn powerforward as much as they need pretty much any other profile of player.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
It's crazy some people still want to acquire Lindstrom at 5. There are so many good prospects, why take the "powerforward" with not-great passing and playmaking vision, who needs to play a north-south game to succeed, and has a herniated disc in his back? It seems really risky! What if he gets another injury to the same disc on a routine check?

The nature of how he plays + the nature of his injury vs. other prospects available at 5OA vs. the Habs' needs.

Bad injury + needs to play physical to thrive vs. very good other prospects vs. the Habs don't need another unicorn powerforward as much as they need pretty much any other profile of player.
Its not just The Habs. The entire hockey world has reviewed his medical records and he seems to be sticking in the top 5 rankings. That says a lot to me.

By your logic you would pass on Demidov and Sennecke also.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Its not just The Habs. The entire hockey world has reviewed his medical records and he seems to be sticking in the top 5 rankings. That says a lot to me.

By your logic you would pass on Demidov and Sennecke also.
No… my logic wouldn’t preclude Demidov or Sennecke. I think both are more relevant to the Habs’ needs and the don’t have a chronic injury that could get in the way of them playing their game. The balance of interests isn’t tipped out of favour.

Namely, neither is a powerforward with a potentially bum back.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
No… my logic wouldn’t preclude Demidov or Sennecke. I think both are more relevant to the Habs’ needs and the don’t have a chronic injury that could get in the way of them playing their game. The balance of interests isn’t tipped out of favour.

Namely, neither is a powerforward with a potentially bum back.
Hmmm interesting...

let me ask you a question, in your many years of medical training what makes you think a back injury is more chronic than a shoulder/knee or a concussion?

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I'm just happy we have a GM who prefers having talent over having "character".

That isn't true at all.

Hughes is every bit as insistent on character as MB was.....he just better understands how to merge skill and character and how to nurture the growth of both traits.

GM's that don't value character are usually basement GM's who are running EA NHL 24 franchises....

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Hmmm interesting...

let me ask you a question, in your many years of medical training what makes you think a back injury is more chronic than a shoulder/knee or a concussion?
Do I need to be a doctor to speculate that there are better choices to take at 5OA in this draft?

If you want an echo chamber just go to your toilet, shut the door and talk to yourself.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That isn't true at all.

Hughes is every bit as insistent on character as MB was.....he just better understands how to merge skill and character and how to nurture the growth of both traits.

GM's that don't value character are usually basement GM's who are running EA NHL 24 franchises....
Hughes seems to make his decisions with thoughts and using brain power.
As a former agent, he seems to look for kids that have certain traits.

I think MB said the draft was like throwing darts....brings us back to Hughes playing Chess, and MB playing Checkers.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Do I need to be a doctor to speculate that there are better choices to take at 5OA in this draft?

If you want an echo chamber just go to your toilet, shut the door and talk to yourself.
Not at all,

I just find it odd that this one kid and his injury concerns you and not the others....,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad