Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
There is a part of me that almost want to draft Dickinson for the sole reason that i'd be able to get myself a custom Iron Maiden Habs jersey. Base template would be the same except instead of the Habs logo in front it would be Eddy and with Dickinson name on back.

I know i know I'm going too far with this lol

I dated a girl that looked like Bruce Dickenson, ugliest thing you've ever seen.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
while he's getting out of the discussions, Cole Eiserman is thinking about his 5th overall draft speech,

"Cole Eiserman is happy to be a canadien, - silence - Cole Eiserman - more silence"

:thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: Deebs

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
You won't need to these guys go 1 3 2

Damidov VHL youtube highlights are massively overrated (Sennecke dollar store dekes too)

If i had to bet, the Habs internal debate is Dickinson/Iginla, just like last year it was Reinbacher or Leonard.

Add Lindstrom in the choices in case he wasnt picked.

while he's getting out of the discussions, Cole Eiserman is thinking about his 5th overall draft speech,

"Cole Eiserman is happy to be a canadien, - silence - Cole Eiserman - more silence"

:thumbu:
criquet noise ...

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
That answer was hilarious too.

"Yeah got a herniated disc, nothing to serious, just my legs went numb and got a ittle sciatic, shit's gonna take forever to heal, but none too serious...gave me a little sciatic. Whatever, f*** it ha!"

Bro what

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

PLEASE POST THE VID IF U CAN.

Surely we can't be that dumb to draft him....

right......

right?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
  • Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

DEAR LORD.

BLESS HIS HEART.

Herniated discs are a significant concern for hockey players due to the physical demands and biomechanical stresses of the sport. Here are some key points regarding the impact, treatment, and management of herniated discs in hockey players:

Impact on Career and Performance​

1. Return to Play and Career Longevity:
    • A study found that 79% of NHL players with lumbar disc herniations (LDH) returned to play. However, these players had shorter careers and decreased performance compared to healthy controls. Specifically, they played fewer seasons and had reduced goals and points per game post-injury.
  2. Biomechanical Risks:
    • Hockey involves frequent flexed lumbar spinal positions, which can contribute to the development of lumbar disc herniations. Activities such as skating, shooting, and even carrying equipment place significant stress on the lower back.

Conclusion​

Herniated discs pose a substantial risk to hockey players, affecting their ability to perform and potentially shortening their careers. Effective management requires a combination of conservative treatment, possible surgical intervention, and ongoing rehabilitation focused on core and back strength. Understanding the biomechanical demands of hockey and implementing preventive measures can help mitigate these risks.

So....

Y'all want the guy with the messed up back?

1719100440046.png

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
DEAR LORD.

BLESS HIS HEART.

Herniated discs are a significant concern for hockey players due to the physical demands and biomechanical stresses of the sport. Here are some key points regarding the impact, treatment, and management of herniated discs in hockey players:

• A study found that 79% of NHL players with lumbar disc herniations (LDH) returned to play. However, these players had shorter careers and decreased performance compared to healthy controls. Specifically, they played fewer seasons and had reduced goals and points per game post-injury.
  2. Biomechanical Risks:
    • Hockey involves frequent flexed lumbar spinal positions, which can contribute to the development of lumbar disc herniations. Activities such as skating, shooting, and even carrying equipment place significant stress on the lower back.

Conclusion​

Herniated discs pose a substantial risk to hockey players, affecting their ability to perform and potentially shortening their careers. Effective management requires a combination of conservative treatment, possible surgical intervention, and ongoing rehabilitation focused on core and back strength. Understanding the biomechanical demands of hockey and implementing preventive measures can help mitigate these risks.

So....

View attachment 885817
knew-it.gif

• Love

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The way I see it, without being privy to insider knowledge or medical records, is that Iginla is the safest bet to draft a top 6 player. Not the most talented, strongest or biggest. Just a good player with a great shot, intensity, professional mentality and work ethic. You can question his ceiling, but he's also one of the youngest in the draft and the next 6 months could see a massive leap in development, just like Sennecke in the second half of the season (although his was understable with adjustments to his growth spurt).

Demidov has the highest ceiling, and he has to be the pick at 5 if available

Lindstrom and Sennecke have high ceilings, but they come with higher risks as well. I agree with a poster saying that Sennecke always does the same deke, although that's just highlight packages... I admit to not seeing full games of his.

So it boils down to what the consensus will be at the Habs final draft meeting. Will they take the safe approach, or swing for the fences? If Demidov is gone, the safe pick would be Iginla. The obvious choice is Lindstrom if he's there at 5. If not, will they go for Sennecke if they feel development will make the question marks go away?

Aside from Demidov, my head tells me Lindstrom, but my gut still tells me Iginla. For me, he has that "it" factor.

That being said, I would be happy if we draft any of them.
The fences would be Berkly Catton

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
DEAR LORD.

BLESS HIS HEART.

2. Biomechanical Risks:

Conclusion​

So....

View attachment 885817
Put a bandage on it and pop a few pills, he'll be fine :nod:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I dated a girl that looked like Bruce Dickenson, ugliest thing you've ever seen.
Hopefully the 70’s version but with less chest hair.

Also, you have to consider the possibility that it actually was Bruce Dickinson.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
DEAR LORD.

BLESS HIS HEART.

2. Biomechanical Risks:

Conclusion​

So....

View attachment 885817
Um,

For the record I'm one of the 4.3 percent who voted Eiserman... :laugh:

• Wow

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I can't deny my heart. I'd swing for the fences and trust Catton. His interview on TSN only further validates what we know: he's a high-hockey-IQ type who devours the game. He is NOT pass-first or shy with the puck. The way he gets his points is highly translatable.

We could have our own Jack Hughes.

Reactions: crosbyshow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I can't deny my heart. I'd swing for the fences and trust Catton. His interview on TSN only further validates what we know: he's a high-hockey-IQ type who devours the game. He is NOT pass-first or shy with the puck. The way he gets his points is highly translatable.

We could have our own Jack Hughes.

You're probably right.

But our current Management is goo goo for big goo

Um,

For the record I'm one of the 4.3 percent who voted Eiserman... :laugh:

Not a bad bet to have 2 of the best snipers from the U.S. National Development Team in Eiserman and Caufield on the same team.

It also technically allows us to deal Caufield down the road....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad