• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Robinson would probably have ended up with Molson's ear.
What a shame...

Bergevin would never have lasted a frickin' decade.

Berg did not want winners around because he's an insecure man child. He wouldn't let Lafleur park in the players section and generally did not even want the alumni around. LR would have been a bit long in the tooth by then but he would have brought so much respectability to the day-to-day. Imagine letting PK rise up under Robinson rather than getting babysat by Hal fkn Gill.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Rapala

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I wouldn't worry too much because either way we are getting a great prospect (Even if it ends up being someone else). The right choice is more about fitting in with the rest of the players, coaches, development staff, etc...
I disagree... I think either way we are getting the wrong prospect, in fact, all available prospects are wrong, just for their own particular reasons that I'm starting to document since I want to be ready to be disappointed (and tell everyone about it).

Celebrini: He's dropping for a reason guys, and HuGo are the only ones not in the know.
Levshunov: We don't need another D. And he's too much like Mailloux.
Silayev: Another D, even worst, on the left, and Ghule basically bring the same package for free.
Lindstrom: It's like we LIKE for our players to be injured. And with the way he plays, we're asking for it.
Demidov: Ok, so NOW they are fine with drafting a russian? What about Michkov then?
Buium: Another LD
Sennecke: Obvious reach and he doesn't have a NHL-ready game. At 5th? Come on.
Yakemchuk: If you want to reach, don't reach on a guy like this. And a D.
Dickinson: Another LD
Iginla: only drafted because of his name. Limited upside for a 5th pick.
Catton: small.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Beauchemin won the SC the next year, pairing with a great D.
I and few others wanted to bring that point but the numerous Gainey supporters here defended him and minimized the Beauchemin hockey IQ, skills and overall career. If I remember well, Gainey didn't want to sacrifice Popovic (or another sub talented D, Traverse for example) and prefered expose Beauchemin on the waivers. That was a top run Bob, sadly in the most idiotic move. Gainey can beat Bergevin in the worst moves.
Gainey was old school GM, unwritten rules of not claiming players on waivers, he was super pissed McLean claimed Beauchemin after having spoken to all GMs and getting their word no one would claim him

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
I disagree... I think either way we are getting the wrong prospect, in fact, all available prospects are wrong, just for their own particular reasons that I'm starting to document since I want to be ready to be disappointed (and tell everyone about it).

Celebrini: He's dropping for a reason guys, and HuGo are the only ones not in the know.
Silayev: Another D, even worst, on the left, and Ghule basically bring the same package for free.
Lindstrom: It's like we LIKE for our players to be injured. And with the way he plays, we're asking for it.
Demidov: Ok, so NOW they are fine with drafting a russian? What about Michkov then?

you are as negative as me, we should hang out and get drunk and compare notes.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

So what you're saying indirectly is that the Habs should draft helenius

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Technically, that means you like Buium and Dickinson.

😍

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Gainey was old school GM, unwritten rules of not claiming players on waivers, he was super pissed McLean claimed Beauchemin after having spoken to all GMs and getting their word no one would claim him
Yeah but we had a lot of short time patches on D with Manson or Ulanov and so called star def Brisebois who wasn't that.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It's sad that Gainey got done that time. He was an honest gm and he got screwed by another who wasn't. Someone did that to Mr Gainey, an hof. What a ****y a** is that gm!

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

This is a refreshing take.

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I have no friggin idea who the Habs will draft and I won't questioned whatever they do.
Really I have no friggin idea who they're gonna pick. If Demodov and Lindstrom are gone, Habs will pick 50% Iggy or 50% best def. They will pick the best available and it might be another D. Intern discussions I have no idea how they rank Catton, Eiserman Helenius, Sennecke, Bium, Dickinson, Silayev, Pareck, Connely, Iginla and Lindstrom. How Habs rank all these players is a mystery. We will only know who they will pick at 5.

Reactions: Tyson

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's always the same deke & that won't fly in the NHL. Huge risk taker to dangle at the blue..weird stance. Top 6 has already 3 righties.

To quote GSP; not impressed.

The dekes look amazing, but you have to take a look at the context around him. There are better plays than that around him, but his head is down, he has the powerdonkey blinders on. He doesn't make his teammates better through playmaking and his shot is not amazing either.

I don't care about the 20 odd games he went off, it's the OHL. My grandma could deke in the OHL.

Zeev Buium is a better offensive player than him.

Apr 28, 2010

Damn.

Trade the pick if Demidov is gone. I think he's the only one worth drafting.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
The dekes look amazing, but you have to take a look at the context around him. There are better plays than that around him, but his head is down, he has the powerdonkey blinders on. He doesn't make his teammates better through playmaking and his shot is not amazing either.

I don't care about the 20 odd games he went off, it's the OHL. My grandma could deke in the OHL.

Zeev Buium is a better offensive player than him.

I want a forward so bad in this draft, mainly Demidov and Lindstrom, but I can't lie, a Buium- Reinbacher 1st pairing is intiguing, if both are off the board. Imagine the luxury of having Guhle on the 2nd pair.

That said, IMO, I think you're underestimating Sennecke's potential, he's a fine playmaker. But I can totally understand you thinking why Buium may be the better choice. I'd personally still lean towards Beckett.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I see no reason why the Habs don’t trade 5+26 to Anaheim for 3. If they’re picking Silayev, Columbus won’t take him and they get another first rounder for free essentially. It makes too much sense for both teams.
And they could potentially create a bidding war between us and Columbus.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad