Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Not too many players can thrive in the Montreal fishbowl. I feel very strongly that Iginla can. However, I don't see it with Sennecke. Plus, he will face tremendous pressure if picked 5th, as the media will see it as a reach. He will be constantly compared from the start to players like Iginla, Dickinson, Buium and Parekh, who will all be high point producers. This will be a trainwreck IMO.

Iginla's name will protect him a bit, and I think he has the personality and confidence to overcome any issues from the media along the way. I see a lot of confidence in him, just like Slaf.
I would go further if I would take Iginla. I would hire his father as a special trainer for the young players. I have great respect for Mr Iginla, one of the greatest of the 2000 era.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Count me in, we can get banned together, it's been a couple months for me anyways.

+1

And Ti Poul

And Benny Poo

1718854474275.png

Reactions: Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Benny Poo is a good lesson in drafting based on IQ/heart/etc. and not only physical tools and skating.
It also might be an example of the challenges players have developing in poor organizations. It’s tough to be the guy who’s supposed to carry a franchise when you don’t have much help.

I’m not saying he would’ve succeeded elsewhere, just saying that being the guy in Columbus can’t be easy.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It also might be an example of the challenges players have developing in poor organizations. It’s tough to be the guy who’s supposed to carry a franchise when you don’t have much help.

I’m not saying he would’ve succeeded elsewhere, just saying that being the guy in Columbus can’t be easy.
Somehow, we only hear about bad development in Montreal....Same applies to Gilbert Brule.

Reactions: 1909 and Tyson

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Somehow, we only hear about bad development in Montreal....Same applies to Gilbert Brule.
We only talk about it here because this is the Montreal forum. That doesn’t mean say… New York couldn’t have done a lot better with what they had. Obviously it’s not just us that had the problem.

Columbus is another issue though… nobody to really develop with. They always seems to be starting from scratch. Maybe they finally get it right this time.

Good news: I’m pretty happy with how our prospects are progressing now. I may not have done it the way they have in every case but it’s working.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002

Remember how many people here were pissed we didn't draft Angelo Esposito? Statistically one of these top draft picks will become him, or Brule.. scary but true

Reactions: Miller Time

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Remember how many people here were pissed we didn't draft Angelo Esposito? Statistically one of these top draft picks will become him, or Brule.. scary but true
I think almost everyone was puzzled by us taking Price. I remember wondering why we took a goalie.

If a player is head and shoulders above, then you do it. But it really has to be clear cut if you have other needs. Price was the right selection but I have to wonder how those other players would’ve fared. They would’ve had time to develop before the MB regime showed up.

Anyways… I don’t see that player here. One person says Dickinson the next Buium… not sure if there’s even a real consensus best LD. The one guy would be Levshunov. RD and seems to be top three. If he fell, cool. Otherwise I don’t see how you don’t go with a forward.

Reactions: Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not too many players can thrive in the Montreal fishbowl. I feel very strongly that Iginla can. However, I don't see it with Sennecke. Plus, he will face tremendous pressure if picked 5th, as the media will see it as a reach. He will be constantly compared from the start to players like Iginla, Dickinson, Buium and Parekh, who will all be high point producers. This will be a trainwreck IMO.

Iginla's name will protect him a bit, and I think he has the personality and confidence to overcome any issues from the media along the way. I see a lot of confidence in him, just like Slaf.
The thing I keep sensing is some people are projecting a huge upside for Senneke and like none at all for Tij Iginla.
I'm not sure how that makes any sense at all.

Reactions: Naslund

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Pouliot would've had a very tough time carrying Columbus from all the way in Minnesota, where he was drafted and where he played prior to Montreal.

Reactions: Garnet76 and bsl

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I think almost everyone was puzzled by us taking Price. I remember wondering why we took a goalie.

If a player is head and shoulders above, then you do it. But it really has to be clear cut if you have other needs. Price was the right selection but I have to wonder how those other players would’ve fared. They would’ve had time to develop before the MB regime showed up.

Anyways… I don’t see that player here. One person says Dickinson the next Buium… not sure if there’s even a real consensus best LD. The one guy would be Levshunov. RD and seems to be top three. If he fell, cool. Otherwise I don’t see how you don’t go with a forward.

In the grand scheme of things, Halak may have been enough to accomplish the same as Price, and you draft a forward. I'm still pissed at last year's draft, but I'm sure they will do the right thing this year.

• Love
Reactions: the

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Drafting Sennecke at 5 might be the same kind of mistake, imo. The parallels between them are striking.
What are the parallels?

In the grand scheme of things, Halak may have been enough to accomplish the same as Price, and you draft a forward. I'm still pissed at last year's draft, but I'm sure they will do the right thing this year.
You’re pissed at an unknown ending…let it play out and judge the results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad